Back a Nominated Runner in the Win and Place Mkts if Place odds are 'X'

Dallas

These are basic Guardian automation files for use on Horse Racing markets.

The purpose of these automation files is to show how a win and place market can be linked using shared stored values to back a nominated runner in both the win and place market providing their place market odds are greater than 2.1, if not neither bet will be placed

There are two automation files required for this, the first is called ‘Back Nominated Selection in the Place Market’ and as its name suggests is applied to the place market.

The second file is called ‘Back Nominated Selection in the Win Market’ and as its name suggests is applied to the win market.
Then using the ‘Automation Nominated Selection 1’ column on the main guardian page you can select the runner you would like to back as shown in the image below.

Win and Place Mkt Img.JPG

How it Works

5 seconds before post time a ‘Set/Modify stored value’ rule will trigger in the place market rule to store the current back odds of your nominated selection on the ‘event’.

By storing the value on the ‘Event’ and it being ‘shared’ it can also be used by other automation files on the same market – namely the win market in this example.

The place market file also contains a back bet rule which uses a ‘Stored Value Condition’ to test If the stored value is greater than 2.1, if so then a back bet of £10 is submitted on that selection at the best current price.
The win market file also contains an identical back bet rule with the same condition to test for the stored value from the place market to place a bet into the win market.

So either both bets are placed or none at all if the odds of the selection in the place market are not greater than 2.1.

As I touched on at the start the main purpose of these files are to show how to test for odds in other markets within the same ‘Event’ therefore after placing the initial bets the files do nothing further, any additional offsetting, greening etc after the placing of the opening bet can be added by the user as they wish.

To use these files just click on the following two links below ’ Back Nominated Selection in the Place Market.Baf’ and ‘Back Nominated Selection in the Win Market.Baf’ and this will download them to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

TIP

If you wish to only bet on the win market based on the price of your selection in the place market then just remove the back bet rule from the place market file.

Or if you wish to bet in the place market using odds from the win market then use the ‘Copy’ icon to copy the ‘Set/Modify Stored Value’ rule from the place market file to the back bet file (then, of course, delete it from the place market file).

If you have not used the copy button before please see this thread for details
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13568
mcgoo

Hi Dallas. Is there any way of betting on a selection (e.g. 2nd fav) in the place market only if it is the 2nd fav in the win market at (a particular point)? Thanks in advance
Dallas

mcgoo wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:03 pm
Hi Dallas. Is there any way of betting on a selection (e.g. 2nd fav) in the place market only if it is the 2nd fav in the win market at (a particular point)? Thanks in advance
It should be doable although I'd have to have a play to confirm and give the best way to set it up
mcgoo

Dallas wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:07 pm
mcgoo wrote:
It should be doable although I'd have to have a play to confirm and give the best way to set it up
Thanks Dallas....tis a head scratcher for me :)
iDooze

Dallas wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:07 pm
mcgoo wrote:
Hey Dallas,

Firstly - thank you so much for doing this! I was trying to work out if this was possible and this helped me a bunch!

Trying to find out if it's possible to apply this to the 1st favourite across the markets (ie. if in Win market 1st Fav is under 2 in-play, Back the 1st Fav in the Place market). The problem with this would be the 1st fav in the normal market may not match up to the 1st fav in the place market (as is it less liquid). Thinking it would involve more signals - but it may not be possible to do this (without an option to match up both market and orders). Is there a way to do this?
Dallas

iDooze wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:56 am

Hey Dallas,

Firstly - thank you so much for doing this! I was trying to work out if this was possible and this helped me a bunch!

Trying to find out if it's possible to apply this to the 1st favourite across the markets (ie. if in Win market 1st Fav is under 2 in-play, Back the 1st Fav in the Place market). The problem with this would be the 1st fav in the normal market may not match up to the 1st fav in the place market (as is it less liquid). Thinking it would involve more signals - but it may not be possible to do this (without an option to match up both market and orders). Is there a way to do this?
Glad it was able to help :) ,
I've not had a chance to look at this just yet or the best way to do it but soon as I do i'll drop a note to this thread
mcgoo

Dallas wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:34 pm
iDooze wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:56 am

Hey Dallas,

Glad it was able to help :) ,
I've not had a chance to look at this just yet or the best way to do it but soon as I do i'll drop a note to this thread
Been thinking about this on and off for a while & and I can't see a way to tie a Win market selection to the same selection in the Place market in terms of favouritism.. . :shock: ..over to Dallas the Guru :D ..(I hope I am not being too dumb here)
mcgoo

Still can't see how you would do this.... ;)
kqv91y

mcgoo wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:17 am
You could do it in Excel.
mcgoo

kqv91y wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:28 am
mcgoo wrote:
You could do it in Excel.
Yes..outside of excel...old dog..vba-fu lacking :D
Dallas

mcgoo wrote:
After the US open finishes tomorrow i'll have some free time while I wind down a bit next week, give this thread a bump wed/thur and ill take a proper look then
mcgoo

Thanks Dallas. Will do.
mcgoo

Forgot to bounce this earlier in the week ... Over to you Dallas :) -Thanks
Dallas

mcgoo wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:19 am
Forgot to bounce this earlier in the week ... Over to you Dallas :) -Thanks
Its a good job you did remember :)
I started having a play with this yesterday and just need to test a bit further this afternoon and I should be able to upload two simple files which you can then modify to exactly how you want

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”