Back or Lay at a Percentage of BSP Guardian Automation Bot

ShaunWhite

This is the issue when liability staking odds on, luckily your bet was at 1.3 and not 1.01. £10 "liability" at 1.01 requires a stake of £1000.

Dallas will expand on that but I seem to remember that a staking method of 'Liability (lay only)' will sort it rather than going for 'Liability (Back or Lay)'....could be wrong, check 1st in practice mode obv.
mickypaul72

Thanks for the reply my understanding was that a Liability bet was like a safety net where the most you could lose was the actual stake amount in this case £10.

Regards,

Mick
Dallas

mickypaul72 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:11 pm
Thanks for the reply my understanding was that a Liability bet was like a safety net where the most you could lose was the actual stake amount in this case £10.

Regards,

Mick
When backing using the regular 'fixed stake' as the back bet rule of this file does your only risking the amount you stake.

When using the 'by liability' staking method yes its the amount you are willing to lose when laying but when backing with it it becomes the reverse and the amount you are wanting to win, so whenever backing at odds-on the stake required will always be greater than the amount you want to win
As Shaun said if you go as low as 1.01 and are backing 'by liability' to try and win £10 it will require a stake of £1000 to do so
ShaunWhite

https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/sta ... 3D&mw=MzIw#

It's a clear as mud in the user guide....apparently it's not your liability but "the liabiity the person who takes your bet is accepting" ? ?

Have a play in PMode but I'm sure there's a pitfall when short odds on (I don't use it, so I'm rusty in this area)

By Liability (Lay Only)
The ‘Seed Stake’ you have entered (or in the case of the Ladder, selected from the Standard or Preset area) now becomes the liability you are willing to accept on lay bets. So, if you have selected a £20 stake and place a lay bet at odds of 3.5, Bet Angel will calculate the amount needed to realise a £20 liability; at odds of 3.5 it would mean a lay bet of £8.00 is submitted to the market. This means if that selection loses you make a profit of £8.00 and if it wins you lose £20. Note: When using this ‘Lay Only’ method, back bets behave the same as when using a ‘fixed stake’ so your risk in the market will be the same £20 regardless of whether backing or laying.

By Liability (Back & Lay Bets)
This option is most useful when you wish to trade by liability. Your back bets are staked in a similar way to the lay bets so that positions in the market can be easily opened and closed. In the case of a back bet, the ‘Seed Stake’ will now be your potential profit (the liability the person who takes your bet is accepting) so if you have selected a £20 stake and place a back bet at odds of 8.0 Bet Angel will calculate the amount required to realise a £20 profit; at odds of 8.0 it would mean a back bet of £2.86 is submitted to the market. This means if that selection wins you make a profit of £20 or a loss of -£2.86 if it loses
mickypaul72

Thanks Shaun and Dallas I finally understand now. Thats why the Bot has a fixed stake on the back side, like Shaun said I was lucky I didnt get stung big time.

Regards.

Mick
badboy13

Any tips what sort of horses should be nominating?
mickypaul72

Idealy the back price would need to be >3 unless you shorten the percentage.

Regards,

Mick
badboy13

Rather then nominating a horse is there a way to set it to look at all SP and signal a horse of odds 3 - 4 to back and another horse between 5-6 to lay?
mickypaul72

Back or Lay Percentage X 4.baf
Hi, This has been modified to Back & Lay rows 1-4 you will notice i've changed the stored value names to correspond with the rows i:e backbsp1/laybsp1, backbsp2/laybsp2 etc. Not sure how to get your BSP @3 using signals hope this helps.
I've not tried this myself so perhaps use in practice mode initially.

Regards,

Mick.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
badboy13

£ 10.00 Back bet placed on Cape Greco at 1.24. Fully matched at 1.40096.

Finding sometimes Horse looks like it going to win, it places the 50% back bet but gets matched higher as another horse coming on stronger. Is there a way to cancel if not matched quickly or are the odds moving too quick?
mickypaul72

Betfair will always match you at the best available price in your case 1.40096. I was thinking a good strategy could be to use offset with greening for the back percentage. I’m not on my computer at the moment so I’ll have a gander tomorrow

Regards

Mick
badboy13

If you back a horse at say 1.4 and then it starts to drift, how would I set it to monitor lay price and lay if gets to 2.00 to minimise loss?
Dallas

badboy13 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:59 am
If you back a horse at say 1.4 and then it starts to drift, how would I set it to monitor lay price and lay if gets to 2.00 to minimise loss?
You would add a close trade on selection condition with the following condition
number of place bets triggers cond
on selection
is greater than 0

fixed odds condition
selections lay price
is greater than 2.0
mbu2ns

Hi i dont know if this is the file for me.

Basically im wanting the automation to place a back bet 10/15 seconds before the off then lay for 30% profit in play

can that be done with these settings

thanks
Dallas

mbu2ns wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:47 pm
Hi i dont know if this is the file for me.

Basically im wanting the automation to place a back bet 10/15 seconds before the off then lay for 30% profit in play

can that be done with these settings

thanks
No offset bets can't be used when taking SP, you can just add a green up rule bet to trigger once the profit reaches 30% of your stake
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”