Back or Lay at a Percentage of BSP Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

retriever wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:09 pm
Yes, I think It might be best if it's say, 10 secs, before the race.

I also want the horse to be within a range ie. 2.0 to 3.0
Would I have to have the conditions set at 50% above (ie. 2.5 to 4.0) or the current range?

I guess I could just experiment with a few races to find out :) Thanks for you help.
You'd use the same as above but for place at you use custom % above current reverse market price.
You can then add 2 x fixed odds conditions to the rule to test the price is between your odds as shown in the post below, rather than use back or lay price you could test the 'Projected SP price'
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=17622

You'd then need a 'keep all unmatched' bets rule, this must be armed to trigger after your bet has been placed, so something like 00:00:00 after event start time till 00:00:10 after event start time
durango

Hi Dallas,
I am using just the lay part of this file with offset bet with greening. Occasionally when it lays a horse it will miss the lay bet and kick in a back bet with the offset bet with greening
Is there any way to stop the back offset bet if the original lay bet is unmatched ?
if that makes sense
many thanks
Dallas

durango wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:16 pm
Hi Dallas,
I am using just the lay part of this file with offset bet with greening. Occasionally when it lays a horse it will miss the lay bet and kick in a back bet with the offset bet with greening
Is there any way to stop the back offset bet if the original lay bet is unmatched ?
if that makes sense
many thanks
Yes, using fill/kill can do this for you
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11817
durango

Thanks Dallas
iamnotaraddish

hi im a newbie so be patient . im looking to back horses that i set at 60% lower than bsp can you help me set this up as i am strugling to download the file on the first page many thanks
jtrader

iamnotaraddish wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:58 pm
hi im a newbie so be patient . im looking to back horses that i set at 60% lower than bsp can you help me set this up as i am strugling to download the file on the first page many thanks
Maybe that file could help you
Back at 60% Lower than BSP.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jtrader

iamnotaraddish wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:58 pm
That file(modified from Dallas' 1st page file) is right I think,cause the previous doesn't act correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ritchie

Hi Dallas
I am a newbie trialling Bet Angel. I tried this bot yesterday with some success. However, today (Saturday) it does not appear to be placing some back bets (even when the selection won) or a number of lay bets or if placed they are not getting matched - any ideas please?
Thanks
Dallas

Ritchie wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:24 pm
Hi Dallas
I am a newbie trialling Bet Angel. I tried this bot yesterday with some success. However, today (Saturday) it does not appear to be placing some back bets (even when the selection won) or a number of lay bets or if placed they are not getting matched - any ideas please?
Thanks
If you've got more markets in Guardian today make sure you have the refresh rate set fast enough, this post explains why this is important and how to make the changes
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
Ritchie

Wow Dallas
Many thanks for your prompt reply - I am very impressed.
I have change the refresh rate to 20 milliseconds and things are improving ; not quite clear on whether I ought to have Restrict Refresh checked or not though - I have around 13 more horse races lined up?
airtomoreira

Have been having a play with this today in PM. The problem I'd like to overcome is that quite often my back bets aren't being accepted, presumably due to the price collapsing quickly through the 50% BSP value (the horses in question have gone on to win, meaning that I've lost out on not being able to back them. Had my bet been accepted, I'd have shown a profit on the race, instead of a loss).

How can I tell Bet Angel to place a bet at 50% of BSP (as per the automation rule), but if that bet is not accepted, to close the bet say 2 seconds later, and take the best price available? OK, I won't be getting 50% of the BSP, but will at least probably be getting something close to it. For example, if the BSP is 10, and my bet at 5 isn't accepted, I'd rather accept a bet at say 4.6 rather than no bet at all.

Thanks in advance.
Anbell

airtomoreira wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:26 pm
Have been having a play with this today in PM. The problem I'd like to overcome is that quite often my back bets aren't being accepted, presumably due to the price collapsing quickly through the 50% BSP value (the horses in question have gone on to win, meaning that I've lost out on not being able to back them. Had my bet been accepted, I'd have shown a profit on the race, instead of a loss).

How can I tell Bet Angel to place a bet at 50% of BSP (as per the automation rule), but if that bet is not accepted, to close the bet say 2 seconds later, and take the best price available? OK, I won't be getting 50% of the BSP, but will at least probably be getting something close to it. For example, if the BSP is 10, and my bet at 5 isn't accepted, I'd rather accept a bet at say 4.6 rather than no bet at all.

Thanks in advance.
You could put your first bet in at 4.6, and if the price is 5 or greater it will take that instead so you wouldnt need to worry about the 2nd bet.
airtomoreira

4.6 is just an example of the sort of price that I might be offered in the illustration I've given above.

If the process is fully automated, then Bet Angel will place a back bet at 5 if the BSP is 10. I understand the point that you're making about the lower price, but if I "put the bet in at 4.6", then I'll be faced with the same problem, that the bet would only be triggered when the price was 4.6, and the price might collapse past that point before my bet could be matched. I'd like the bet to be triggered when the price is 5.

I suppose that, taking things to its extreme, what I'm looking for is a way of saying "ok, if the BSP was 10, and the price is now 5, fire in a back bet at 1.01, which will be matched at the best available price, whether that's 5 or somewhere marginally below it (or possibly above it)"

I'm sure that it's easy enough to do this, but I'm by no means an automation expert, and can't figure out how to do it myself...sorry, any help would be appreciated!
Anbell

airtomoreira wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:17 pm
4.6 is just an example of the sort of price that I might be offered in the illustration I've given above.

If the process is fully automated, then Bet Angel will place a back bet at 5 if the BSP is 10. I understand the point that you're making about the lower price, but if I "put the bet in at 4.6", then I'll be faced with the same problem, that the bet would only be triggered when the price was 4.6, and the price might collapse past that point before my bet could be matched. I'd like the bet to be triggered when the price is 5.

I suppose that, taking things to its extreme, what I'm looking for is a way of saying "ok, if the BSP was 10, and the price is now 5, fire in a back bet at 1.01, which will be matched at the best available price, whether that's 5 or somewhere marginally below it (or possibly above it)"

I'm sure that it's easy enough to do this, but I'm by no means an automation expert, and can't figure out how to do it myself...sorry, any help would be appreciated!

Take a look here on the 1st page
viewtopic.php?p=175713#p175713

Change the number from 50% to whatever you like (99%?)
airtomoreira

But if I did that, then surely my bet would not be placed until (in my example) the price was 99% less than the BSP (so if the BSP was 10, the bet wouldn't be placed until the price was 1.05). I want to place the bet, as per the Automation rule, at 50% of BSP, (5) - but if my bet at 5 isn't accepted because the odds have reduced below 5 in the short time that it takes my bet to reach the market, I want to accept the best market price that is available, which is, in the vast majority of instances, going to be somewhere in the region of between 4 and 4.9, unless something very significant happens at the very same time, for example the long odds on favourite falls

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”