Back the Fav at Half or Lay at Double its SP Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

rencoetz wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:58 am
Thanks Dallas

I think I understand how you wrote it.

If I want to back the Fav and 2nd fav when either hit 50% of SP - I obviously need to store 2 values and duplicate the rules for 1st and 2nd fav ?
Yes, you'll need to duplicate the stored value SP rule and apply it to 2nd fav, then do the same with the back bet rule and apply that to the 2nd fav also.

If you just place it as custom % below SP it will trigger straight away and be matched at the current best price,
it's the Stored Values that ensure it only triggers when the price trades at that % below its SP
rencoetz

Thanks Dallas you are Legend. Just one last one then I should be done.

I want to back SP fav where odds are under 50% but SP greater than 2.0.
If I add another condition to the stored value 'to be true" for for it to then place the bet ( Ie if it it sees false (SP<2) then no bet will be made ) - can this be a fixed price option or does it have to be a stored value option?

My Stored values worked fine , to get stored and place under - but I am not getting close to price I want ? Si I envision that once it trades under a % a bet will be placed close to the stored value - Currently I am way off - is this to do with the delay ? How can I minimise the delay or is it always 1 sec for in Play ?

SO is it better to just go back to normal function where it matches straight away ? Thanks
rencoetz

Hi Dallas

I have run this bot to back at 50% in play , but a lot of the times it goes un matched in play and if it matches the prices are about 50% of what they should be ?

Any advice on this to get bets matched in play ? and at values close to the 50% or any other % or is the liquidity in play a problem ?

Thnks
Dallas

rencoetz wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:01 am
Thanks Dallas you are Legend. Just one last one then I should be done.

I want to back SP fav where odds are under 50% but SP greater than 2.0.
If I add another condition to the stored value 'to be true" for for it to then place the bet ( Ie if it it sees false (SP<2) then no bet will be made ) - can this be a fixed price option or does it have to be a stored value option?

My Stored values worked fine , to get stored and place under - but I am not getting close to price I want ? Si I envision that once it trades under a % a bet will be placed close to the stored value - Currently I am way off - is this to do with the delay ? How can I minimise the delay or is it always 1 sec for in Play ?

SO is it better to just go back to normal function where it matches straight away ? Thanks
Sorry must have missed this question

If you add the following to the back bet rule
'Fixed odds condition'
Selection Actual SP
is less than X

Thats all you'll need for that part

The delay is imposed by Betfair and they do it for all in-play bets on all sports, its there to stop those betting/trading at track and courtside from cleaning up.
The delay varies sport to sport but racing has the shortest of 1 second while some low league football matches can be over 10secs
Dallas

rencoetz wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:13 am
Hi Dallas

I have run this bot to back at 50% in play , but a lot of the times it goes un matched in play and if it matches the prices are about 50% of what they should be ?

Any advice on this to get bets matched in play ? and at values close to the 50% or any other % or is the liquidity in play a problem ?

Thnks
You can change were the bet is placed at on the parameters tab to give more chance of it being matched in a fast moving market
Or you could change the stored values and have them set when it 40% or 45%

There is never a guaranteed way to get any bet matched in-play, except the further outside the current price its placed the better the chance of it being matched, but that also means you could get a really bad price in some situations
rencoetz

Thanks Dallas , a bit disappointing that this system doesn’t match I play too often , you might want to mention this to the community ( regards to in play match ability) when posting a file on an example , on to the next system
Dallas

rencoetz wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:20 pm
Thanks Dallas , a bit disappointing that this system doesn’t match I play too often , you might want to mention this to the community ( regards to in play match ability) when posting a file on an example , on to the next system
Its nothing to do with the bot it's the way the Betfair (and Betdaq) exchange has always worked when trying to get any bet matched in-play on any sport.
Their in-play bet delay and the fast-moving prices means no bet can ever be guaranteed to be matched.
rencoetz

Hi Dallas

Can I use this system for tennis trading ?

I am looking to back the underdog in set 1 only when the odds have reduced by 25% and getting out if they go a break up and green out when the reduced by 50%.

I assume I will have to use stored values on this one ?

Does the SP option work on tennis mathes or just for horses ?

Thanks
Dallas

rencoetz wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:21 am
Hi Dallas

Can I use this system for tennis trading ?

I am looking to back the underdog in set 1 only when the odds have reduced by 25% and getting out if they go a break up and green out when the reduced by 50%.

I assume I will have to use stored values on this one ?

Does the SP option work on tennis mathes or just for horses ?

Thanks
There is no SP in tennis markets, but you could still store the back/lay/LTP as the match turns in-play and use this as your starting price
rencoetz

Thanks Dallas

Just a question - my bot is not storing the back start price of the fav or underdog ? and other stored values with % reductions ?

Can I upload my bot for assistance to see where its going wrong and why its not storing ?
rencoetz

Hi Dallas

Any advice on how to store tennis players starting values at the start of in play.

It doesnt seem to store any values at the start if in play at all ?

thanks
Dallas

rencoetz wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:03 am
Hi Dallas

Any advice on how to store tennis players starting values at the start of in play.

It doesnt seem to store any values at the start if in play at all ?

thanks
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19499&p=198121#p198121
IrishTaffy

Hi,

Is it possible to add a 'Traded Amount Condition' to the back at half SP part of this automation?

So just to clarify what I mean. If a Fav's SP is 4.0 and the last traded price is 1.90 in-play then this bot will trigger. I would like to add a further condition that it will only trigger if say £100 has been matched on any price below half the Fav's SP. Is this possible?

Many thanks
steven17

two days ago the bot correctly work.

Now don'insert, not work....

if I reinstall betangel can i resolve?
Dallas

steven17 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:02 pm
two days ago the bot correctly work.

Now don'insert, not work....

if I reinstall betangel can i resolve?
It can't just stop working unless you've edited the bot in some way, if so re-downloading the bot will resolve that.
Or you may have changed some other settings within Guardian

If you be more specfic ie, is any of the rules triggering?

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”