Back 2 Lay the Late Mover Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation file for use on in-running horse racing market markets.

The purpose of this bot is to back 2 lay a late mover, if a runner receives late backing and shortens in the final two minutes of the pre-off market a £10 back bet will be placed at post time with an offset bet and greening placed 20% lower with the intention of having it matched in running.

How it Works

There are 3 parts to this rule which helps demonstrate how Stored Values, Signals and placing back/lay bet rules can be linked together.

The first rule to trigger (on each of the first four selections) is a Set/Modify Stored Value rule, this will trigger 2 minutes before post time this will store the value of the selections back book% with the name ‘mover’ and adjust that figure by adding 5% (so if a selections price was 4.0 the back book% would be 25% add on the adjustment of 5% to that and the target back book% is now 30%, this selection must, therefore, shorten to odds of 3.35 or lower).

The second rule to trigger is a Set/Modify Signal rule, this rule will trigger 10secs before post and uses a Stored value condition to test if a selections current back book% is greater than the Stored Value named ‘mover’ (ie, has the price shortened by 5% or more), if it has then a signal is set on the selection named ‘back’.

The third rule to trigger 4 seconds before post time is the back bet rule, this uses a signal set condition to test if the signal named ‘back’ has been set, if it has a £10 back bet and an offset bet with greening will be placed.

If a selection hasn’t shortened by 5% then no signal can be set by the Set/Modify Signal rule, therefore, the back bet rule will not trigger.
Finally, a ‘Keep unmatched bets’ rule will trigger to keep those unmatched bets hopefully to be matched in-running.

To use the file just click on the following Back 2 Lay the Late Mover.baf and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

TIP

To edit the percentage of pre-off movement you want to see from 5% to another value before the back2lay bet is able to trigger open each of the ‘Store Price @2mins’ rule go onto the Stored Value tab and change the ‘Amounted Entered’ as shown in the image below.

B2LMover.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stanman

Thanks Dallas. I'm beginning to get my head around Signals and Stored Values, so it is true that you can :lol: teach an old dog new tricks! :lol:
Dallas

Stanman wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:31 pm
Thanks Dallas. I'm beginning to get my head around Signals and Stored Values, so it is true that you can :lol: teach an old dog new tricks! :lol:
Good to hear, quite often it just takes those one or two things to fall into place and the rest becomes very easy thereafter and hopefully that's what's happened/happening for you.

Shaung89

Hi @dallas

when storing a value plus / minus a number of ticks, which way does this calculation get applied.

For example, if 2 minutes pre-off i store a value of 6.4 with an adjusment of "Minus 2 ticks", does this imply a drifter at 6.8 or a shortener at 6.0?

Im working on a new automation file including stored values (first attempt with them) so using your template with adjustments and may have a few more questions going forward if thats ok?
Dallas

Shaung89 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:57 am
Hi @dallas

when storing a value plus / minus a number of ticks, which way does this calculation get applied.

For example, if 2 minutes pre-off i store a value of 6.4 with an adjusment of "Minus 2 ticks", does this imply a drifter at 6.8 or a shortener at 6.0?

Im working on a new automation file including stored values (first attempt with them) so using your template with adjustments and may have a few more questions going forward if thats ok?
Its done in numerical values so 6.4 minus 2 ticks would be 6.0

and yes any further questions just fire away, if they don't relate directly to an example bot its best to start a new thread for them so the threads can be kept on topic for the bot they relate to
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16838
Shaung89

Thanks,

i started this thread already with a few questions - cheers.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=20191
tootatoota

Dallas,
As i understand it you would need all 3 triggers before the bet is placed?
Also what would happen if after the back bet is placed say at 2.0 and the 1.61 lay did not get matched in the run?
How do you get out if you have to?
Can there be another rule added to it ?
Thanks Brendan
MemphisFlash

the figure of "5" as you have set it is a numerical figure not 5% as you have set it as an entered amount not a percentage?
so the odds of 4 would have 5 adding to it making 9 in your example?
Dallas

MemphisFlash wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:57 am
the figure of "5" as you have set it is a numerical figure not 5% as you have set it as an entered amount not a percentage?
so the odds of 4 would have 5 adding to it making 9 in your example?
Its storing the back book% plus an entered amount of 5
So if the back book% was 50% (2.0) the stored value would be 55% (1.80)
Dallas

tootatoota wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:40 am
Dallas,
As i understand it you would need all 3 triggers before the bet is placed?
Also what would happen if after the back bet is placed say at 2.0 and the 1.61 lay did not get matched in the run?
How do you get out if you have to?
Can there be another rule added to it ?
Thanks Brendan
Its upto the user to add any exit stratergy they want if the offset isn't matched/doen't look like it will be matched.
You can add as many other rules to this or any other example as you want
tootatoota

Thanks Dallas
Is there a condition where it voids bets under a certain number of starters?
I have had a look a cannot see one
Regards Brendan
Dallas

tootatoota wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:37 am
Thanks Dallas
Is there a condition where it voids bets under a certain number of starters?
I have had a look a cannot see one
Regards Brendan
You can't have a bet voided once matched unless BF do it
tootatoota

Sorry you misunderstood.
Is there a condition that will trigger if there is say 7 starters or less?
So my rule is working fine but i have been losing on races under 6 or 7 starters.
So i would like to not bet in that race.
i have a rule that says the automation doesnt start until over 5k in volume of bets.
i would also like it to say automation doesnt start due to insufficient starters?
Thanks Brendan
ShaunWhite

tootatoota wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:35 pm
i would also like it to say automation doesnt start due to insufficient starters?
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/con ... 3D&mw=MzIw#
Screenshot_2.png

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”