DOB with Moving Exit Guardian Automation Bot

DrJAT

Dallas wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:33 pm
200ms Guardian rate is way to slow for an in-play bot like this, you should be using 20ms and also if you've nothing else running restrict the refresh to 60secs before IP to 1200 secs after IP, that will ensure you are refreshing fast enough
Thanks Dallas. 200ms is the lowest option it gives me. Is this a limitation of my hardware and/or connection speed, or is there an option somewhere for me to improve the refresh rate?
DrJAT

DrJAT wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:36 pm
Dallas wrote:
200ms Guardian rate is way to slow for an in-play bot like this, you should be using 20ms and also if you've nothing else running restrict the refresh to 60secs before IP to 1200 secs after IP, that will ensure you are refreshing fast enough
Thanks Dallas. 200ms is the lowest option it gives me. Is this a limitation of my hardware and/or connection speed, or is there an option somewhere for me to improve the refresh rate?
The guide says something about Betfair streaming allows 20ms, but it doesn't say how to enable that.
Dallas

DrJAT wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:47 pm
DrJAT wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:36 pm
Dallas wrote:
The guide says something about Betfair streaming allows 20ms, but it doesn't say how to enable that.
Try these pages
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/ret ... ation.html
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/sup ... rates.html
DrJAT

Perfect. thanks Dallas! Sorted now :)
DrJAT

I'm just interested to see what people's P&L vs. strike rates have been with this, compared to a regular DOBbing strategy, and what tweaks people have made, if any?

I've been using it as-is since yesterday and have a strike rate of 62.5% so far. A regular DOBbing strategy would be 2 units of profit up per 8 races with that strike rate (5 wins to 3 losers). However, I'm only 1.15 as I've not actually doubled my stake on any race. On most races where my selection has halved in price they have dropped back again to below the DOB price, so the bot has greened up at the trailing exit position. I realise that's a trade-off in order to let the winners run, but that hasn't happened either. I happened to catch a winner last night at 14.0, but instead of making 13 units profit, I only made 1.4 (I presume it must have dropped back again and triggered the early exit, despite then going on to win). What have other people's experiences been with this strategy? I realise I have a small sample so far so it's too early to draw any conclusions before tailoring, but is the main value of this approach when you hit the occasional winner for full value?
doubletrio

Dallas wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:55 pm
Morrisman wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:43 pm
Hi

Has anyone had trouble with the green not triggering?
Every file gets fully tested for several days prior to it being uploaded so the rules will always work as described in the OP

Have you checked your log to see if the Green up rule is triggering - but just not getting matched?
If it is triggering what Guardian refresh rate are you using and how many markets do you have loaded on a typical day?
Is the market also on your main trading screen and if so what refresh rate does that use?
Or are they all run only from Guardian in the back ground
On question on " not getting match", can I ask if I am testing a system live , but using a GBP 0.1 stack. Which mean some of my back bets would be 0.06 or 0.12. Sometime green fail, is it because the amount is too small and fail to match ? Is this such a thing ?
Dallas

doubletrio wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:29 am
Dallas wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:55 pm
Morrisman wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:43 pm
Hi

Has anyone had trouble with the green not triggering?
Every file gets fully tested for several days prior to it being uploaded so the rules will always work as described in the OP

Have you checked your log to see if the Green up rule is triggering - but just not getting matched?
If it is triggering what Guardian refresh rate are you using and how many markets do you have loaded on a typical day?
Is the market also on your main trading screen and if so what refresh rate does that use?
Or are they all run only from Guardian in the back ground
On question on " not getting match", can I ask if I am testing a system live , but using a GBP 0.1 stack. Which mean some of my back bets would be 0.06 or 0.12. Sometime green fail, is it because the amount is too small and fail to match ? Is this such a thing ?
Yes, BF recently introduced new rules to close an long standing loop hole around the way small bets were rounded, if this happens to any of your bets it should report it in your Bet Angel log
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... ut-issues/
mtrehearn

DrJAT wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:32 pm
I'm just interested to see what people's P&L vs. strike rates have been with this, compared to a regular DOBbing strategy, and what tweaks people have made, if any?

I've been using it as-is since yesterday and have a strike rate of 62.5% so far. A regular DOBbing strategy would be 2 units of profit up per 8 races with that strike rate (5 wins to 3 losers). However, I'm only 1.15 as I've not actually doubled my stake on any race. On most races where my selection has halved in price they have dropped back again to below the DOB price, so the bot has greened up at the trailing exit position. I realise that's a trade-off in order to let the winners run, but that hasn't happened either. I happened to catch a winner last night at 14.0, but instead of making 13 units profit, I only made 1.4 (I presume it must have dropped back again and triggered the early exit, despite then going on to win). What have other people's experiences been with this strategy? I realise I have a small sample so far so it's too early to draw any conclusions before tailoring, but is the main value of this approach when you hit the occasional winner for full value?
Speaking of P&L how are you getting on with this strategy / bot now if you are still using it? Hope all good.
jackrob

Please can someone help me with this - I have been using ticks instead of % (say 5 ticks) on this and when it goes below my number of ticks and then price starts to go back out again - how can i get it to green up at the original 5 ticks, so that it doesnt go into a loss?
Many thanks
Dallas

jackrob wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:46 pm
Please can someone help me with this - I have been using ticks instead of % (say 5 ticks) on this and when it goes below my number of ticks and then price starts to go back out again - how can i get it to green up at the original 5 ticks, so that it doesnt go into a loss?
Many thanks
You can add a 'Close Trade on Selection with Greening' rule with the following two conditions;

'Close trade profit condition'
is less than £0.00

'Number of Matched Bets Condition'
is greater than 0
jackrob

thank you very much - do I add those in the green up rule and do I need to remove any of the rules in that part? is this right? also on 1 horse today it came right in and was £28.00 in profit but i had to manually trade out at £11.00 profit as didnt seem to be greening up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jackrob

Hi Dallas where you able to have a look at this for me? its been working really well on the selections I have made - but I must be doing something wrong in the green up as no matter how much its in green I have to trade it manually! sorry if its really obvious

Many thanks
Dallas

jackrob wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:57 pm
thank you very much - do I add those in the green up rule and do I need to remove any of the rules in that part? is this right? also on 1 horse today it came right in and was £28.00 in profit but i had to manually trade out at £11.00 profit as didnt seem to be greening up
The two conditions you've added are correct, but they need to be on a new 'Close Trade on Selection with Greening' rule

So you have the original green up rule doing its job, then another in case the price reverses, only one of which would ever trigger each race
jackrob

thank you very much - sorry 1 last question - can you tell me why its not greening up? when in profit? Many thanks
jackrob

21/10/2022 12:31:03: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
21/10/2022 12:31:06: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
21/10/2022 13:09:55: [G_Auto 1] : Store Value for Gulmarg: exit = 2.64 - 4 ticks = 2.56
21/10/2022 13:09:55: [G_Auto 1] : £ 5.00 Back bet placed on Gulmarg at 2.62. Fully matched at 2.64. Ref: 284969286486
21/10/2022 13:10:03: [G_Auto 1] : Placed closure bet with greening on Gulmarg by Laying 4.93 at 2.68
21/10/2022 13:11:56: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
21/10/2022 13:11:56: Guardian has detected that the market is in-play
21/10/2022 13:11:56: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended

just tried this and its closing me out before race even starts

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”