DOB with Moving Exit Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

Derekmclaughlin73 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:45 pm
I have created another file to close the trade with greening and then clear both of the stored values (exit and new exit) and this seems to allow me to re-enter on the same selection after manually closing.

I could not figure out how to do it within the original rules file.

If I wanted to add to my position, is the only way to do this by adding extra rules files and applying them seperately to the selection giving them different stored value names?
With the original rules file if you are targeting the same selection again, then you could set a signal with the green up rule that triggers at the end

Then add a 'Set/Modify SV' rule' to clear the SV's, using a signal changed condition that the signal changed between X seconds ago
(I'd use 5-6 secs to allow time for the greening rule to trigger and be matched).

You'd then need to edit the number of triggers for the back bet rule etc
Derekmclaughlin73

Thanks a million for your help. I'll have a go at trying that.
RenegadeIX

Thanks Dallas for the earlier reply.

A question I had was regarding the refresh timing on the store price when <50% of back bet.

Theoretically speaking, if I were to reduce the refresh rate to rearm every refresh (20 ms) , wouldnt that be better since the checks would be more frequent?
Practically ,however, it seems like from my limited sample size, your bot lets the winner run more often whereas the one I have with reduced refresh rate seems to close trades quick ( still a bigger profit than the original DOB so thats amazing).
I seem to have got bigger profits with your bot but the catch might be if the horse suddenly fell back, I would lose my stake right?

I suppose lesser checks is making this happen but your thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

Basically I would like the bot to leave winning trades longer but I know this if it was that easy , we'd all be millionaires.
Gravesen33

HI All,
Is there any way to have a rule for L2B automation and the back bet to be placed if only the lay bet is placed already ?
Thanks
Gravesen33

so, what I want to do is to create a L2B automation bot ...
let say I would like to Lay the horse @ 9 and back @ 11

first: how to create a rule where the Lay price wont be match before get to 9 ?
second : how to create a rule that will place the Back bet @ 11 - ONLY if the Lay bet was match before that?

Thank you
eatyourgreens

I think you could :-

Add fixed odds conditions to your lay bet rule," lay price is equal to 9."

If you offset the lay bet 7 ticks (I think ), it will place your back bet at 11. if you tick "fill or kill" with maybe a 9999sec delay, your back bet will not be placed until your lay bet is matched.

Hope Im right, and understood your question correctly! :-)

good luck!
Gravesen33

eatyourgreens wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:43 pm
I think you could :-

Add fixed odds conditions to your lay bet rule," lay price is equal to 9."

If you offset the lay bet 7 ticks (I think ), it will place your back bet at 11. if you tick "fill or kill" with maybe a 9999sec delay, your back bet will not be placed until your lay bet is matched.

Hope Im right, and understood your question correctly! :-)

good luck!
thanks ,
I will try it in this way
Shuggiemac1

Hi
I started using this a week ago, successfully. But now its just doing the initial back bet and nothing else.
Any idea whati might be doing wrong?
Dallas

Shuggiemac1 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:21 pm
Hi
I started using this a week ago, successfully. But now its just doing the initial back bet and nothing else.
Any idea whati might be doing wrong?
Assuming you've not edited any part of the rule/s it sounds like you may have changed the refresh rate of Guardian, or now have more markets than before and your current (possibly still default refresh rate) is not fast enough
This post will explain it in more detail and show where to make the changes
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
Shuggiemac1

Thanks Dalas that seems to have done the trick, although i dont have 20 ms i have set it at 200 ms. Is that ok?
Dallas

Shuggiemac1 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:13 pm
Thanks Dalas that seems to have done the trick, although i dont have 20 ms i have set it at 200 ms. Is that ok?
This post shows where to enable streaming so you can refresh at 20ms
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=13949
censura

Hi Dallas this looks great - I was hoping to try and work out how to do this and then found your automation.

Can you clarify how i woud make this work as i am currently trading, I select the horse i want to back often sometime before the off.

So how would i do this with your authomation can i simply make my back bet manually then in guardian on that race select selection 1 dropdown with the horse i have backed and if so would i need to remove the automated back rule in the automation.

Thank you for you great work
Dallas

censura wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:32 am
Hi Dallas this looks great - I was hoping to try and work out how to do this and then found your automation.

Can you clarify how i woud make this work as i am currently trading, I select the horse i want to back often sometime before the off.

So how would i do this with your authomation can i simply make my back bet manually then in guardian on that race select selection 1 dropdown with the horse i have backed and if so would i need to remove the automated back rule in the automation.

Thank you for you great work
If you are always wanting to manually back the selection then let the rules take over the in-running part (and your not doing any other trading pre-off on that market) all you need to do is

1), delete the 'place back bet' rule from the automation file
2), on the general tab of the remaining three rules change them from being applied to nominated selection 1 to ANY selection
3), on those same there rules add a 'number of matched bets' condition on selection is greater than 0

If you'll be placing other bets on runners pre-off ie, doing some scalping or swing trading then it'll need to be done a little differently and i'll need to know roughly what you'll be doing so conditions etc can be added to ignore those trades, but otherwise the above will allow you to manually back one selection pre-off then the rules will trigger on it to exit the trade
censura

Fantastic you are an amazing guy and so selfless thank you so much
censura

Hi sorry to be a pain but this is how i have set this up now is this correct for what i want to do ie place my back bet manually
dob.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”