B2L-with trailing-money-stop

sgeorgepa62

Good morning all, i have been putting together a mixture of a few automation bits in order to create a Back to Lay on guardian nominated runner that looks to take profit using a trialing stop method, now in running yesterday each race would of secured nice profit had the method worked correctly but everytime the Lay was unmatched and then wasnt taken at the end, i tried a few things then went back to just enabling offset bet with greening 20 ticks which worked for one race and then the last did same again unmatched. Im sure its not just me that gets really annoyed by this so i was hoping some suggestions could be made? i have included the bot and it was my first real attempt to throw a multiude of bots together so might be completely wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

sgeorgepa62 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:12 am
Good morning all, i have been putting together a mixture of a few automation bits in order to create a Back to Lay on guardian nominated runner that looks to take profit using a trialing stop method, now in running yesterday each race would of secured nice profit had the method worked correctly but everytime the Lay was unmatched and then wasnt taken at the end, i tried a few things then went back to just enabling offset bet with greening 20 ticks which worked for one race and then the last did same again unmatched. Im sure its not just me that gets really annoyed by this so i was hoping some suggestions could be made? i have included the bot and it was my first real attempt to throw a multiude of bots together so might be completely wrong.

Here's one Dallas knocked together which does something similar. Might be worth comparing your rules with the one below.

DOB with moving exit.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=19933
Dallas

sgeorgepa62 wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:12 am
Using stops in-play is not really recommended due to a combination of the increased volatility and in-play bet delay imposed by Betfair. ie, if a horse falls or is beaten in the closing stages its odds will go from 1.80 (or whatever its trading at) to 1000 in a fraction of a second, even just a stumble could send its odds out to triple figures in the blink of an eye
Which mean by the time your stop is actually placed in the market the odds are trading miles away from it leaving it sat in no-mans land unmatched
sgeorgepa62

Afternoon all, at a bit of a loss now as i have used the bot mentioned in here as well and still no lay bets matched to remove some profit, Is there anything else that anyone can recommend or asisst on pulling even a tiny bit of profit from your lay bets.
candybaby2526

Hi I'm a Newby to this but have had 30 plus years in horse racing . It seem everyone trying to get the lay bet in to green up to make a profit is havingvthe same problem I thought it was me . I used dallas's file it works one minute and not the next so I decided you can't risk your money on something you can't trust 100% so with your help I hope someone can come up with a good idea on how to solve this . Cheers
Dallas

candybaby2526 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:40 am
Hi I'm a Newby to this but have had 30 plus years in horse racing . It seem everyone trying to get the lay bet in to green up to make a profit is havingvthe same problem I thought it was me . I used dallas's file it works one minute and not the next so I decided you can't risk your money on something you can't trust 100% so with your help I hope someone can come up with a good idea on how to solve this . Cheers
It won't ever be resolved until someone comes along with enough money (ie, at least a five figure bank) and is willing to use it all on backing a runner at lower odds after its already fallen or has been well beaten/beaten late, until then there isn't anyway of ensuring you get your bet matched 100% of the time
decomez6

Dallas wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:58 pm
candybaby2526 wrote:
It won't ever be resolved until someone comes along with enough money (ie, at least a five figure bank) and is willing to use it all on backing a runner at lower odds after its already fallen or has been well beaten/beaten late, until then there isn't anyway of ensuring you get your bet matched 100% of the time
would be interesting to know how many horses trade @1000 then recover for win ? OR @ 1.01 and go on to loose .
- the horse ` He knows no fear' broke the record @300/1 longest Odds ....does that mean a new world record if you back OR lay any horse above 350 and it goes ahead and win ?

https://youtu.be/qU7LT4LWfzE
ShaunWhite

decomez6 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:54 am
would be interesting to know how many horses trade @1000 then recover for win ? OR @ 1.01 and go on to loose .
I think about 3.something a month hit 1000 in-running then win out of roughly 7000 horses a month. Although month to month that varies a lot with such a low frequency. 1.01s losing? A hunch says it's 1 in 100.

There was talk at one time of allowing prices above 1,000 and below 1.01 which could have been fun but I think they realised it might be hard to find enough people prepared to play at those prices.
ShaunWhite

candybaby2526 wrote:
Hi I'm a Newby to this but have had 30 plus years in horse racing . It seem everyone trying to get the lay bet in to green up to make a profit is havingvthe same problem I thought it was me .
It's an exchange, if everyone is trying to lay then to get matched you'd need an equal number of 'everyones' willing to take their bets. When you want to act on something you see, you'll either need others to disagree or be fastest, and tbh you won't be fastest.
decomez6

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:54 am
decomez6 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:54 am
I think about 3.something a month hit 1000 in-running then win out of roughly 7000 horses a month. Although month to month that varies a lot with such a low frequency. 1.01s losing? A hunch says it's 1 in 100.

There was talk at one time of allowing prices above 1,000 and below 1.01 which could have been fun but I think they realised it might be hard to find enough people prepared to play at those prices.
i think most punters/traders would take up any prize , so long as the bank is not at risk.
3 out of 7000 looks interesting , if only one can isolate the races involved . i am guessing its a two horse race or a super competitive unknown maidens.

what was the fuss all about the 300/1 win . if its not that special .
ShaunWhite

decomez6 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:02 am
]
i think most punters/traders would take up any prize , so long as the bank is not at risk. .

You're mixing up SP and in-running. The 300/1 was sp and the 1000s are in-running. Your money is always at risk, you might not be able to close or you might lose connection. I don't know anyone who'd risk 10,000 to win 1.
decomez6

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:18 pm
decomez6 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:02 am
]
i think most punters/traders would take up any prize , so long as the bank is not at risk. .

You're mixing up SP and in-running. The 300/1 was sp and the 1000s are in-running. Your money is always at risk, you might not be able to close or you might lose connection. I don't know anyone who'd risk 10,000 to win 1.
Yes you right was mixing up the two .I would’ve thought, it makes no difference if the winning odds are sp or in running .
It’s impossible to eliminate all risks , but highly improbable to loose if you are looking at 3 out 7000 while using a combination of technologies like TPD/BA /BM. to find value and execute accordingly.
I remember you saying “ value is available at any odds”
StewTabs

Amoola Gold recently at Ascot traded at 1000 and won on the line. Rated 156 i believe - not just maidens and the like.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”