Dutch the Three Outsiders and Green up for 50% of potential Liability Guardian Automation Bot

jackrob

Hi Dallas, I read in your earlier post about changing to 3 nominations and Im not sure if I have this right , also how do I name the horses? Many thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

jackrob wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:43 am
Hi Dallas, I read in your earlier post about changing to 3 nominations and Im not sure if I have this right , also how do I name the horses? Many thanks
You need to change the selection the rules are applied to and set them as
Guardian nominated selection 1
Guardian nominated selection 2
Guardian nominated selection 3

You'll then be able to nominated your runners each race using the main Guardian page
jackrob

thank you for coming back to me - but I can only see on the main guardian page where you can only nominate 2 selections - think Im looking in the right place
Dallas

jackrob wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 4:12 pm
thank you for coming back to me - but I can only see on the main guardian page where you can only nominate 2 selections - think Im looking in the right place
Yes, but you need to enable the additional columns via the 'Column Chooser' icon on the list tab
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/market_list.html
jackrob

brilliant - thank you so much
rtthane

Hi Dallas,

Really like this bot . I want to modify it to instead lay 2nd, 3rd and 4th favorites. I know i need to change the custom rankings to ascending, and modify lines 4, 5 and 6 to align to the selections in the custom list, but the bit that is frying my head is how to engineer it to say lay selections 2,3 and 4 for a total of £15 liability and green up for % of profit.

Is this something you could help me figure out please?
-
Dallas

rtthane wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 6:53 pm
Hi Dallas,

Really like this bot . I want to modify it to instead lay 2nd, 3rd and 4th favorites. I know i need to change the custom rankings to ascending, and modify lines 4, 5 and 6 to align to the selections in the custom list, but the bit that is frying my head is how to engineer it to say lay selections 2,3 and 4 for a total of £15 liability and green up for % of profit.

Is this something you could help me figure out please?
-
There isn't the staking method within automation to dutch to a liability, the staking method book% (which us used by these rules) is the closest you can get to a 'dutch' bet, ie, those backed will all have the same profit

Regarding getting it to dutch the 2nd-4th fav, another way you could do it is to delete the 'Update custom ranking' rule and then apply the dutch rules to 'By Position (sorted in order of favouritism) 2
and so on for the other 2 rules

The green up for a profit percentage is calculated on the 'Stored Value' tab of the 'Store Liability' rule, you can edit the existing ones or add a new one and then just change the stored value name on the green up rule
rtthane

There isn't the staking method within automation to dutch to a liability, the staking method book% (which us used by these rules) is the closest you can get to a 'dutch' bet, ie, those backed will all have the same profit

Regarding getting it to dutch the 2nd-4th fav, another way you could do it is to delete the 'Update custom ranking' rule and then apply the dutch rules to 'By Position (sorted in order of favouritism) 2
and so on for the other 2 rules

The green up for a profit percentage is calculated on the 'Stored Value' tab of the 'Store Liability' rule, you can edit the existing ones or add a new one and then just change the stored value name on the green up rule
Thanks Dallas.

I have reconfigured it, and the bot executes and makes the correct selections but as soon as the race goes in play it greens up instantly, regardless of whether in profit or loss.

I have attached it to this post and wondered if you wouldn't mind casting your eye over it please? It's only the green up part which seems to be an issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Archangel

Theres a note on this stating "If a race has less than 8 runners this rule won't be able to trigger, which means a custom ranking is not created therefore non of the subsequent dutching rules will be able to trigger either."

I cant see this as a Condition in the rules file so I am just wondering how that 8 runner rule is defined ?
Dallas

Archangel wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 11:40 am
Theres a note on this stating "If a race has less than 8 runners this rule won't be able to trigger, which means a custom ranking is not created therefore non of the subsequent dutching rules will be able to trigger either."

I cant see this as a Condition in the rules file so I am just wondering how that 8 runner rule is defined ?
That is a typo or rather I will of copied and pasted the note text from another rule/file and after editing what I needed must have forgotten to remove that final sentence - there isn't any max number of runners for this example

So the notes on that rule should end when it says;
It also uses a number of selections condition to test there is greater than 6 runners.
Archangel

Dallas wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 1:23 pm

That is a typo or rather I will of copied and pasted the note text from another rule/file and after editing what I needed must have forgotten to remove that final sentence - there isn't any max number of runners for this example

So the notes on that rule should end when it says;
It also uses a number of selections condition to test there is greater than 6 runners.
Cool, thanks for clarifying
merlywdd23

ive tried modifying this rule to dutch the first second and third favs which is fine but i cant get the green up to work it just greens as soon as it goes in play any ideas?

many thanks
Dallas

merlywdd23 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:31 pm
ive tried modifying this rule to dutch the first second and third favs which is fine but i cant get the green up to work it just greens as soon as it goes in play any ideas?

many thanks
You'll just need to change the Stored Value rule which stores the liability (detailed in the red box in the image in the OP)

This rule originally stores the liability of the fav (as it was the three outsiders being dutched), so as long as this is changed and applied to any other runner except the three front runners you are now dutching it will work again
merlywdd23

great thanks for that so as long as i pick a runner outside of the front 3 it will work
Dallas

merlywdd23 wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:11 pm
great thanks for that so as long as i pick a runner outside of the front 3 it will work
Yes, it just needs to be applied to any runner that hasn't been dutched

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”