DOB with free lay

ungthjerta

I often use the dobbing strategy and many times I will find a horse that I think will shorten to half the BSP or better but fail to win the race frequently enough that a free lay will return more over time than would a straight dob. So I made a bot for such occasions. It places an additional lay bet to an amount that gives a free bet, once the odds have dropped, that your runner not win the race. If the horse dobs and goes on to win, you lose nothing.

The free lay bet rule will not fire unless there is at least one back bet on the selected runner. I limited the rule (named "free lay") to execute only when the back odds for the dob are 10 or less (in which case it returns 25% on top of the dob), as the extra return from a free lay at n odds doesn't justify giving up the double-up in case the horse does win. Feel free to judge the value of n and adjust the free lay rule's max odds condition and add one for min odds if you wish. I have some other (standard) conditions for the dob bet as well (minimum number of runners, min and max odds, no back/lay spread and minimum odds for the favourite).

I like to watch the race and if my horse looks dangerous or like he'll dob toward the end of the race, have the mouse pointer over "cancel" on the free lay or the green up amount to hedge or salvage. Very often instead it will front-run, run out of steam and pay out so much as 2/3 more than the straight dob.

Use (in practice mode at first, of course) and give feedback if you wish.

Edit: I got an extraneous space in one of the stored value names, causing the bot not to fire the free lay and whilst looking at it, also noticed that it grabs the original back price a second later than the dob bet is placed. I corrected both problems, tested and saved a revised version.
DOB with Free Lay (revised).baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ungthjerta

Hit one today at Exeter 15.10 (cont. time) on Sheldon for a 44.6% premium.
ungthjerta

I noticed another little thing (sorry, I'm kind of new at this). It won't affect the general functioning of the bot but I have a condition in all my dob/trob bots that the favourite must be at odds over 2.5 (you don't want to be dobbing in a race with an odds-on favourite.) Somehow I changed the runner for this condition from the favourite to the dob horse. You''ll want to change it (DOB rule > conditions > first condition) from current to nominated > in position 1 in order of favouritism and from there you can change the min odds of the favourite if you wish.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”