Lay front runner (automation)

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Bet007

Hi,

I would if someone could help me please.

I am trying to create an automation rule that will lay the front runner towards the end of the race if it starts to drift. So for example, on a 6f sprint, I would like to lay the front runner after 50 seconds at best market price if it starts to drift by 15 ticks. Is this possible? I have had a read through the manual and I am not sure I can achieve this. This is becasue, when I am looking at telling BA to select the front runner, I can't see a way I can do that, as the FR I want to lay will not always be the lowest price horse, so I can't use the 'by position (order of favourism)' for the lay reason. So is there an actual way I can achieve this?

Many thanks
Dave
iggypop37

i cant see why it shouldnt be possible but of course you would need to be specific about which horse it is you want to lay, e.g. the pre race favourite, the current front runner or some other, . when you've sorted that its a matter of storing (via a stored value) the last traded price at 50 secs or whenever, and triggering a bet on a 15 tick drift on that ?
iggypop37

Im not that up with the servants side of things but maybe its best done using a servant rather than guardian and you may be able to click on the runner you want in play . just a thought ...
Dallas

Automation has no way of knowing what position a horse is in on a course, that would require the use of some accurate GPS transmitted from the horses to software which Bet Angel can then be plugged into.

Until such time you'll only be able to trigger rules based on market information retrieved from Betfair such as price movements, volumes traded etc
Bet007

iggypop37 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:41 am
Im not that up with the servants side of things but maybe its best done using a servant rather than guardian and you may be able to click on the runner you want in play . just a thought ...
Yes, I'd like to do something similar with a servant for my manual trading. I'll have a play about with it. Thanks for the reply.
Bet007

Dallas wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:16 pm
Automation has no way of knowing what position a horse is in on a course, that would require the use of some accurate GPS transmitted from the horses to software which Bet Angel can then be plugged into.

Until such time you'll only be able to trigger rules based on market information retrieved from Betfair such as price movements, volumes traded etc
Well technology is always moving fast, so perhaps one day! :-)

thanks for the reply.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”