Back and Lay Runners Depending on their Recent Form / Finishing Positions Guardian Automation Bot

Hanson36

Hi Dallas,

I'm struggling to get a matched lay bet on the favourite if it lost it's previous race (doesn't necessarily have to be unplaced, could of finished 2nd).

Could you help please?

Thanks,
Dallas

Hanson36 wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:39 pm
Hi Dallas,

I'm struggling to get a matched lay bet on the favourite if it lost it's previous race (doesn't necessarily have to be unplaced, could of finished 2nd).

Could you help please?

Thanks,
If you remove the two back fav rules, then make the following edits the conditions of the 'Lay if unplaced' rule
Delete all conditions except for the 10 conditions in the first group, and the signal_recent condition near the bottom

Then in the group of conditions copy the first stored value (which is storing a value of 0)
and change the value to 2
Repeat that and change the next value to 3
(so you are adding two additional stored values to the group)

and that will allow the rule to trigger if its ran at least one previous race and finished anywhere but 1st
Hanson36

Hi Dallas,

Does this look correct?
Conditions.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Hanson36 wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:32 am
Hi Dallas,

Does this look correct?

Conditions.jpg
Yep, thats spot on

Hanson36

1 thing i did notice, i obviously need to change every selection to just the favourite?
Dallas

Hanson36 wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:03 am
1 thing i did notice, i obviously need to change every selection to just the favourite?
Yes, you'll still need to set up the general tab with the selection its to be applied to and the times it triggers etc
Hanson36

Thanks for your help :)

Ill apply it to all markets today and hopefully it triggers
MemphisFlash

bigpapaperry wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:51 pm
Hello
is there anyway to make this work with greyhounds?
I have tried to run this but as form isnt loaded like horses i wondered if there was a way to find the dog form

It works perfect for horses but could i change it to look for days since last run?

Many Thanks as always for you help
yes it will work with greyhounds, but you have to scrape the form data into BA.
then create custom columns and modify dallas's automation
Capture.PNG
Capture 2a.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hepburn

Hi all :) If a horse has no form, can I set a condition to ignore it so my bet doesn't trigger?
Dallas

Hepburn wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 5:32 pm
Hi all :) If a horse has no form, can I set a condition to ignore it so my bet doesn't trigger?
Yes, just use text comparison condition to check if any of the possible stored values for the form are there
ie, 1, 2, 3, P, U, /, etc etc
Hepburn

Dallas wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 9:22 pm
Hepburn wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 5:32 pm
Yes, just use text comparison condition to check if any of the possible stored values for the form are there
ie, 1, 2, 3, P, U, /, etc etc
That'l do it thank you v much
TJSN1

For the lay bet if the horse hasn't placed in the last three, is there a way of limiting the number of bets it will place? I've tried the bet triggers condition but that doesn't seem to work. I'm guessing because this might be there's only one trigger on 'EVERY' horse, although I'm not totally sure.
Dallas

TJSN1 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:42 pm
For the lay bet if the horse hasn't placed in the last three, is there a way of limiting the number of bets it will place? I've tried the bet triggers condition but that doesn't seem to work. I'm guessing because this might be there's only one trigger on 'EVERY' horse, although I'm not totally sure.
So assuming 5 meet the criteria how many are you wanting it to trigger on and which ones will it be?
ajanthony

Hi Dallas,
I have a similar issue to TJSN1 in the previous post but it is to do with backing a runner depending on previous form. I have modified the original to back the first two favourites if they have run 1st, 2nd or 3rd in their previous 3 runs. What I have discovered is that the results improve if I only back one of those. I want that to be the favourite when both selections qualify so that only one bet is placed. On the odd occasion the favourite is favourite but does not meet the my conditions so I still want the 2nd favourite to be selected. Having trouble working out how to do that, can you suggest something.
Regards,
Anthony
ajanthony

Hi Dallas,
Just thought of something. Under general rules all the store form values from last time out to third last time out are listed and then back favourite and second favourite are listed. If I took all those stored form rules out of general and placed them under each of the back favourite and 2nd favourite rules, would that work as it would only test the first two favourites and if one didn't meet the stored from values it would not be executed.
Regards,
Anthony

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”