Scalp the Fav During the First 25% of a Race - Guardian Automation Bot

r00ster76

Hi Dallas,
I was wondering if you could help me. Would it be possible to use the In-running STD Timer to place Dutch bets on the two favourites with, say, 85% of the race time left? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again.
R.
Dallas

r00ster76 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 6:35 am
Hi Dallas,
I was wondering if you could help me. Would it be possible to use the In-running STD Timer to place Dutch bets on the two favourites with, say, 85% of the race time left? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again.
R.
Yes that can be done, you can use this file for the Dutching, you then just need to add in the same conditions from the 'Scalp fav at 25%' file (and adjust that to whatever % you want to use)
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11265
r00ster76

Thanks Dallas....Whenever convenient, could you look the file I've attached. I want to Dutch the 3 in-running favs with 30% on the race remaining.
However I'm struggling to get the bets to fire when I want them to...(they are being placed at the start of the race) Any help would be great....
Thanks again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

r00ster76 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 4:25 pm
Thanks Dallas....Whenever convenient, could you look the file I've attached. I want to Dutch the 3 in-running favs with 30% on the race remaining.
However I'm struggling to get the bets to fire when I want them to...(they are being placed at the start of the race) Any help would be great....
Thanks again.
They need to be armed relative to in-play time 00:00:00 till 00:10:00
Then copy the condition from the scalp the fav rule which checks the IP timer stored value
r00ster76

Excellent... thanks Dallas
BelgianPS

Hi Dallas
I'm new to Bet Angel (newbie)and trying to navigate my way around your bots to understand them. I was wondering if there is any reason within this bot that the General rules section of the editing has different 'Applies to selection rule' values-.Please see attached images
Back Bet.jpg
Store in play delay time.jpg
Many thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

BelgianPS wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:39 am
Hi Dallas
I'm new to Bet Angel (newbie)and trying to navigate my way around your bots to understand them. I was wondering if there is any reason within this bot that the General rules section of the editing has different 'Applies to selection rule' values-.Please see attached imagesBack Bet.jpgStore in play delay time.jpg
Many thanks
The first rule is only storing Betfair-in-play delay for the race so could be applied to any runner as it would be the same for all of them
Where as the second rule that places the bet needs to target the fav each time it triggers
BelgianPS

Thanks for your time
panda32

Newbie question.

Must be doing something wrong because its not placing any trades. I have added the in running STD time to the end of the file in scalp the fav. Loaded the markets in guardian and selected automation rules 1 ?

Am i missing something....

Edit: its working now.
panda32

Has anyone tried this with larger stakes? or is it not advisable?
ShaunWhite

panda32 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:28 pm
Has anyone tried this with larger stakes? or is it not advisable?
With anything like this, start small and see if you can make a profit and then scale up slowly. There'll be a tipping point where you start to affect the market and it might even start to lose. So finding the sweet spot takes time and you'll probably want to run it for a week at each stake level to start to get the feel for the effect.
Bubace

hi

is it possible to add a condition that will exit any open trades on the fav if it's not fav anymore

i tool the relative odds condition from the "back the fav and exit when it's not bot" but that doesn't seem to work?

anyone any ideas what ive done wrong?

cheers
Dallas

Bubace wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:13 am
hi

is it possible to add a condition that will exit any open trades on the fav if it's not fav anymore

i tool the relative odds condition from the "back the fav and exit when it's not bot" but that doesn't seem to work?

anyone any ideas what ive done wrong?

cheers
If you use a 'Close Trade on Selection with Greening' rule applied to Every selection with the following two conditions

Relative odds condition
Selections back price
is greater than
back price of selection by order of favouritism 1

Number of place bet triggers condition is greater than 0

That should do it
kenprior129

The first race I tried this it worked ok and backed and layed and greened up for a small profit. The second race I tried it on it backed,layed,greened up the pre race favourite but then it placed a back bet on another horse that was only favourite in running. this £10 back bet was not layed and so I lost £10 minus the small profit on the pre race favourite.
What went wrong please ? I thought it only backed the horse that was favourite t the off, not the in race favourite ?
Dallas

kenprior129 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:11 pm
The first race I tried this it worked ok and backed and layed and greened up for a small profit. The second race I tried it on it backed,layed,greened up the pre race favourite but then it placed a back bet on another horse that was only favourite in running. this £10 back bet was not layed and so I lost £10 minus the small profit on the pre race favourite.
What went wrong please ? I thought it only backed the horse that was favourite t the off, not the in race favourite ?
No, it triggers on who ever is the fav if they have a three tick gap and there are no unmatched in the market

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”