Scalping if the VWAP% is 10% Greater or Less than the Current Price using IP% - Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation file for use on Pre-Race Horse Racing markets

The bot will monitor all selections with a lay price less than 17.0 during the final 20mins before the start and will trigger if the VWAP% reaches 10% greater or less than the current price using IP%

If the VWAP% goes 10% above the IP% it will place a £10 back bet at the best reverse price, if the VWAP% goes 10% less than the IP% it will place a £10 lay bet at the best reverse price

If that opening bet isn't matched within 20secs its killed and another will be placed if either of the above happens again, if its matched then an offset bet with greening is placed 1 tick away, this also has a stop loss attached should the price move against you by 3 ticks

It will only allow 1 unmatched bet at a time on each selection, so once one is placed another won't be triggered until either its killed or its been greened up/stopped out

With 5 secs to go before the start time a green all selections rule will trigger to ensure all trades are evenly greened up before the race goes in-running.

How it works and using the Rules File
Once you have it imported into your Guardian you can edit those (or any other parts of the file) anyway you want or remove them and add your own rules to use the recent form very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

Please refer to the 'Note' tab for a more detailed explanation on how each rule works and how it may be connected/linked to other rules within the file
Notes.JPG

Downloading and Importing the Files
To use the file just click on the 'Scalp if the VWAP% is Greater or Less than the IP%.baf' link below and that will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click on a rules file as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the pick list area just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

TIP

To adjust the percentage difference between the VWAP book% and LTP book% from the default 10% select the rule named 'Store Values of IP% of LTP with Adjustments' and go onto the Stored Value Tab, and change the value shown in the image below for both the stored values 'ip_plus' and 'ip_minus' in that rule

Adjustment.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
krisp81

Hi Dallas,

I am new to the traging and automation, just testing and learning. I tried to import this automation rule to Bet Angel and were unable to do that. It says that rule was created with a different version of Bet Angel and is not compatible. Is there a way to overcome it. I am using the newest one. Please advise.
Dallas

krisp81 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:17 pm
Hi Dallas,

I am new to the traging and automation, just testing and learning. I tried to import this automation rule to Bet Angel and were unable to do that. It says that rule was created with a different version of Bet Angel and is not compatible. Is there a way to overcome it. I am using the newest one. Please advise.
Did you import it into Guardian as shown in the image next to the download link?

It was created with V1.59 which you can download from the link below (your version number is displayed in the top left corner)
https://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro
krisp81

Thank you Dallas, much appreciated.
llugo73

Hi Dallas, nice to say hello.

I've been testing this bot today but I haven't been able to get a win in 5 out of 6 races.
How can I adjust the percentage value to get better results. Thanks in advance!

LL
Dallas

llugo73 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:39 pm
Hi Dallas, nice to say hello.

I've been testing this bot today but I haven't been able to get a win in 5 out of 6 races.
How can I adjust the percentage value to get better results. Thanks in advance!

LL
The image in the second post shows were to adjust the percentage
henry.lee

Hi Dallas,

Thank you for the automation on VWAP.

How do I got about amending this so that it is not based on a %, but based on the VWAP values display on the attached screenshot.

For example back or lay as per below:

If VWAP is between 6 to 10
if VWAP is greater than 4
if VWAP is less than 8

Is this possible?

Cheers,
Henry
Dallas

henry.lee wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:06 am
Hi Dallas,

Thank you for the automation on VWAP.

How do I got about amending this so that it is not based on a %, but based on the VWAP values display on the attached screenshot.

For example back or lay as per below:

If VWAP is between 6 to 10
if VWAP is greater than 4
if VWAP is less than 8

Is this possible?

Cheers,
Henry
Did you want to compare the VWAP against price or just test the VWAP is between certain values?
henry.lee

Hi Dallas,

Thanks for getting back to me, so promptly.

I would love to be able to test just between the certain values that is shown in the VWAP column (pre-race) as per the screenshot I provided.

Thanks heaps!

Cheers,
Henry
Dallas

henry.lee wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:11 pm
Hi Dallas,

Thanks for getting back to me, so promptly.

I would love to be able to test just between the certain values that is shown in the VWAP column (pre-race) as per the screenshot I provided.

Thanks heaps!

Cheers,
Henry

The image below shows how to store the VWAP price

VWAP.jpg

If you were just looking to compare that against other selections rather than editing this file it'll probably easier to create a new file with a
Set/Modify Stored Value rule configured like in the image above

Then add s Stored value condition to your back/lay rules to test the stored value named 'vwap_price' (or whatever you name it) against whatever it is you want to test it against
henry.lee

Thanks Dallas!

I will create a new rule and give this a go.

Cheers,
Henry
NotBothered

Here is the original version with different time periods you can configure different values

I found its better to not have too narrow of a band because you will find runners blow out or come in alot

Also it may be good to add if there is one scalp that makes money just stop - and not risk further bets

probably will also consider using pure vwap values as someone else said

see attached
NotBothered

I was thinking on the one I uploaded OK how can I make it better ?

what you could do it make 1 for F1 1 for F2 and identify the values needed for each one

So F1 your values maybe narrower than what you use for F2

Also dallas mentioned in another automation about only trading in there was some anti move or some slowdown in trend

If we set it up for F1 last 3 minutes at lets say 15% for that time period -- well by adding Dallas;s extra filter that would allow you to 1. make sure the entry is good and 2. use a stop loss more accurately -- because if it is still moving - you do not want to stand in front of a train

Multiple time parameters - check -- can now set up different price triggers as time to start narrows

Potential Improvements
1. make one for F1 one for F2 and one for F3 as an example ///// with values for each one
2. anti trend filter from dallas
3. volatility + stop loss
4. identify races that align closely with VWAP and avoid races where it is one way traffic (number of runners / distance / race grade / price )
Fugazi

NotBothered wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:26 pm
I was thinking on the one I uploaded OK how can I make it better ?

what you could do it make 1 for F1 1 for F2 and identify the values needed for each one

So F1 your values maybe narrower than what you use for F2

Also dallas mentioned in another automation about only trading in there was some anti move or some slowdown in trend

If we set it up for F1 last 3 minutes at lets say 15% for that time period -- well by adding Dallas;s extra filter that would allow you to 1. make sure the entry is good and 2. use a stop loss more accurately -- because if it is still moving - you do not want to stand in front of a train

Multiple time parameters - check -- can now set up different price triggers as time to start narrows

Potential Improvements
1. make one for F1 one for F2 and one for F3 as an example ///// with values for each one
2. anti trend filter from dallas
3. volatility + stop loss
4. identify races that align closely with VWAP and avoid races where it is one way traffic (number of runners / distance / race grade / price )
Im curious how you spot the one way traffic markets ? I see them happen but can't figure out what causes it.

Also, if I can identify one way traffic markets they would be great for a large offset or just straight value vet?

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”