Automating overnight lay bets to trade out next day

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
stigblomquist

Hi folks, any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I have a trading method that works like this:

Lay selections (up to 5 per race) overnight in a number of races scheduled for the next day, then trade out at the off, the expectation being that most of thses selections will drift.

I can do this to a fixed stake, by drip feeding small lays into the market overnight at the best reverse price +1, e.g. lay £3 on Nominated selection 1 at best reverse price+1, fill or kill 5 minutes, until total matched bets for selection > £30. This works well for a fixed stake, but this only works for selections up to a certain price as I would run out of money at higher prices.
What would be better would be to do the above until the liability of matched bets > say £250, then I would know that if there were 10 races I would need £2,500.
What I really need is a condition that says "total liability of matched bets", but it doesn't exist.
Does anyone have an automation file that manages to do something like this with some kind of workaround. I have seen some examples that use servants and stored values but that stuff is too complicated for me to get my head round.
Thanks in advance
sionascaig

You can do it by runner (set a max liability) but will need to use a stored value rule using "profit & loss on selection". So you will know if, say max liability per runner is £100 and there are 5 runners the total liability can't exceed £500... That's probably the easiest solution...

You could (probably) set a max liability for the full book and stop laying when that is reached but that would be a bit more work (and use a lot more SV's)... Might end up with a very squint book though...

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”