Trigger a Rule on same Selection in a Different Market (Template)

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation file that can be used on any sport where you might want to bet on the same selection in different markets
For example in horse racing you may want to back the same runner in both the Win and Place markets

The purpose of these two files are to be used as a raw template, there are no conditions used on the back bet rule in the 'Place Bet on Market (A)' file
So unless you add any conditions it will trigger as soon as you apply it to a market on the selection in Betfairs row 1

The second file 'Trigger bet on Same Selection in Market (B)' only has one condition which is a stored value condition to look for the selection ID from the first file, as soon as it has this (ie, the rule in the first file has triggered), this file will then trigger

How it works and using the Rules File
Once you have it imported into your Guardian you can edit those (or any other parts of the file) anyway you want or remove them and add your own rules to use the recent form very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

Please refer to the 'Note' tab for a more detailed explanation on how each rule works and how it may be connected/linked to other rules within the file
Notes.JPG

Downloading and Importing the Files
To use the file just click on the 'Place Bet on Selection in Market (A)' and 'Trigger Bet on same Selection in Market (B)'.baf' links below and that will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the pick list area just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g

Guardian Import.jpg
Place Bet on Selection in Market (A).baf
Trigger Bet on same Selection Market (B).baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stever78

Thanks for this DALLAS, it was very helpful and nice notes describing whats going on, cheers
Dallas

stever78 wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:14 pm
Thanks for this DALLAS, it was very helpful and nice notes describing whats going on, cheers
HarryB

Hi dallas any chance you can PM me I have some automation work I need help with. Paid. Can't find the subject on the forum and have no idea how to get started myself

All the best
Dallas

HarryB wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:28 pm
Hi dallas any chance you can PM me I have some automation work I need help with. Paid. Can't find the subject on the forum and have no idea how to get started myself

All the best
Unfortunately I don't have the time to build/edit bots on users behalf (paid or unpaid), i'm happy to try and steer you in the right direction and help with what you might need to do in order for it to perform a specfic task

But if you are needing someone to build the the whole thing for you then you'd best off posting a new topic in the automation area of what your looking for, i'm sure someone on here might be able to do something for you
jamesedwards

HarryB wrote:

All the best
Many people here will help you out for free if you post what you require. It's also great experience to get involved in the programming yourself as the more you fiddle with rules the more you understand.

If not then I can build automations for you from scratch for a fee in return for my time. PM me if you are interested.
HarryB

Dallas wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:47 pm
HarryB wrote:

All the best
Unfortunately I don't have the time to build/edit bots on users behalf (paid or unpaid), i'm happy to try and steer you in the right direction and help with what you might need to do in order for it to perform a specfic task

But if you are needing someone to build the the whole thing for you then you'd best off posting a new topic in the automation area of what your looking for, i'm sure someone on here might be able to do something for you
Ok thankyou ☺
Stockman365

Hi Dallas

I am trying to use this on the over 1.5G and 2.5G markets....if the price of 1.5 reaches certain odds then trigger a bet on this market then if this triggers a bet is placed on the over 2.5G....I changed the markets and the 1.5G bet triggered but not the 2.5G...is it possible to do this with this automation?

Thanks for all your help bud
Dallas

Stockman365 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:53 am
Hi Dallas

I am trying to use this on the over 1.5G and 2.5G markets....if the price of 1.5 reaches certain odds then trigger a bet on this market then if this triggers a bet is placed on the over 2.5G....I changed the markets and the 1.5G bet triggered but not the 2.5G...is it possible to do this with this automation?

Thanks for all your help bud
This example is designed more for racing markets where you are triggering on the same selection name but in another market

But what I think you are asking for is possible but just need some further clarification so I can point you at the best example to work from

So O1.5 prices reaches 'X' trigger a bet on it, and also the O2.5 at the same time?
Stockman365

Thanks for the reply bud....yes...if 1.5G reaches say 1.80 by between the 40 min and 55 min mark it triggers the bet on the 1.5 market then as soon as this bet is triggered at the same time a 2.5G bet is triggered but if the 1.5G doesn't trigger, ie and early goal, and the market drops to 1.2G and won't get to 1.80 by 40 mins then the 1.5 wont trigger so the 2.5 wont either....
Dallas

Stockman365 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:15 pm
Thanks for the reply bud....yes...if 1.5G reaches say 1.80 by between the 40 min and 55 min mark it triggers the bet on the 1.5 market then as soon as this bet is triggered at the same time a 2.5G bet is triggered but if the 1.5G doesn't trigger, ie and early goal, and the market drops to 1.2G and won't get to 1.80 by 40 mins then the 1.5 wont trigger so the 2.5 wont either....
This example will be the best one to use
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=16232

The Store Value.baf file can be applied to your O1.5 market
(you just need to change the rule type to a back/lay rule, edit the time its armed for, and edit the price of the fixed odds condition

The Lay the Draw.baf can be applied to your O2.5 market
(all you need do with this one is remove all rules except for the lay bet rule but change that to a back bet if needed, then set the times its to trigger in

That should do it
Stockman365

Fantastic...thanks Dallas....will put it into action....thanks again bud
sloanie

Hi. I have imported the two files and they are working great. However if I want to place a second bet on the win market on a different selection I cant get the place market (B) to work or fire, I have tried loads of different variations but it doesn't work for me once I add in a second rule in the win market (A). Any ideas on what I am missing? Thanks
Dallas

sloanie wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:28 pm
Hi. I have imported the two files and they are working great. However if I want to place a second bet on the win market on a different selection I cant get the place market (B) to work or fire, I have tried loads of different variations but it doesn't work for me once I add in a second rule in the win market (A). Any ideas on what I am missing? Thanks
How have you the (A) set up to bet a second time?
Is it storing the id of the second runner it bets on?
sloanie

yes I have "A" set to bet a second time.A second rule to bet on a different selection and I have stored a value on this selection id the same as the first bet

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”