Back the Steamer Guardian Automation Bot for Horse Racing

waywyrd

Hi,

How do you keep to just one selection that trades within you price range, per race? Basically only want to trade one horse per race.

Waywyrd
waywyrd

Hi,

How do I link Lay if WOM is Greater than 'X' for 5 Secs.baf rule to the selection made by the Back the Steamer.baf?

Basically ensuring, as much as you can, that the drift in odds isn't just a blip, and the price goes back in the wrong direction for greening up.

I've got both files loaded into BetAngel as 1 file, so just got stuck on which rules to alter and which to remove.

Waywyrd.
Naffman

What would happen if there was a NR within this period and say the odds on the fav moved from 2.7 to 2.1, when in fact they really didn't move it all, would BA recognise this or would it think it firmed 30 ticks?
tootatoota

Hi,
All
I have been trialling following the money on certain races and going OK.
What i would like to do is check ANY selection that steams from the Back price say at 5mins from the jump to a certain %.
This %(calculated in last 5 secs) that meets my criteria.
Can i get some help in Maybe (storing a value at 5min) if that is the way to do it and place a Back bet a 5secs before jump?
Thanks All
Dallas

tootatoota wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:01 am
Hi,
All
I have been trialling following the money on certain races and going OK.
What i would like to do is check ANY selection that steams from the Back price say at 5mins from the jump to a certain %.
This %(calculated in last 5 secs) that meets my criteria.
Can i get some help in Maybe (storing a value at 5min) if that is the way to do it and place a Back bet a 5secs before jump?
Thanks All
You could just use this one and arm it at 5 secs before post time and edit the 'Historical Relative Odds' condition to check back over 300secs and change the ticks to percentage
RCHRAINBOW

Hi dallas
Can I ask what condition means to be in place so it does not back the same horse more than once which I have found in practice mode?
Thanks
ShaunWhite

RCHRAINBOW wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:18 pm
Hi dallas
Can I ask what condition means to be in place so it does not back the same horse more than once which I have found in practice mode?
Thanks
The back rule should check Number of unmatched bets on the selection = 0 and Number of matched bets = 0. Then you'll only get a bet if there aren't any already.
Dallas

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:34 pm
RCHRAINBOW wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:18 pm
Hi dallas
Thanks
The back rule should check Number of unmatched bets on the selection = 0 and Number of matched bets = 0. Then you'll only get a bet if there aren't any already.
You could also so use 'Number of place bet triggers condition' on the selection = 0, that will stop it triggering again on the same selection even if the bet is unmatched or has been cancelled
MartinJWilliams

Thank you, these shared files are really helpful for someone just getting started with automation. I wanted to use this example as my first step into automation but had a newbie query... Apologies if it sounds stupid.

If I want to add a trailing stop to this I'm assuming it would be done via the global settings. I usually have my odds display via these settings in reverse as it just feels more intuitive that way. Would I therefore have to set the rule type to placing a lay bet rather than a back bet?
Dallas

MartinJWilliams wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:05 am
Thank you, these shared files are really helpful for someone just getting started with automation. I wanted to use this example as my first step into automation but had a newbie query... Apologies if it sounds stupid.

If I want to add a trailing stop to this I'm assuming it would be done via the global settings. I usually have my odds display via these settings in reverse as it just feels more intuitive that way. Would I therefore have to set the rule type to placing a lay bet rather than a back bet?
Glad you are finding them useful

Yes, a trailing stop is added in the Global Settings area on the Parameters tab of a rule

Most people who use the ladder screen tend to have the odds display set to reverse, but it's just a visual thing when manually trading
It has no bearing on automation rules
MartinJWilliams

Got it. Thankyou.
MartinJWilliams

Help.... please.

I've been playing around with this for a few days but am having trouble getting it to initiate when I want it to.

What I'm trying to achieve is for the automation to scan the markets at a predetermined time, which is fine via the fixed date and time rule trigger. I ran into problems though as the back bet rule would keep firing after it had greened up. I therefore added a set/modify signal that stored a value of 'the seconds until the Event Start Time', the back bet rule would then reference this so as not to fire again after the time specified.
The problem I'm having now though is that the back bet rule doesn't seem to want to fire at all. Could someone please have a look at this and let me know where I'm going wrong... I'm stuck?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dabbla

Your setting a stored value not a signal. Change the condition (Signal value condition to STORED value condition )
MartinJWilliams

Yes, got it now. Thank you.
MIYAGI52

Hi,

Just after some guidance please.

I want to place a lay bet on the favourite just before the off.

Only if it hasn't steamed in, in the last 2 mins.

So, I've added a condition

Relative Historic Odds Condition

Selection A's (Fav)
Back Price NOW is
greater Than Selection B's (FAV)
2mins ago minus 10 ticks

Is this the right way to stop bet triggering if horse comes in by 10 ticks in the last 2 mins?

Any confirmation would be much appreciated,

Thank you

Miyagi

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”