Back the Steamer Guardian Automation Bot for Horse Racing

Bri1980

Hi,

How would you know when to enter the market to catch the steamer or get in for the potential reverse and catch the drift ?

Thanks
greenmark

Bri1980 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:29 pm
Hi,

How would you know when to enter the market to catch the steamer or get in for the potential reverse and catch the drift ?

Thanks
So, you're asking "how do i make money"?
Bri1980

No, I’m asking, as someone new to automation, are there any indicators that would be helpfultntondecode whether to set the bit up to back the selection, or lay.
ShaunWhite

Bri1980 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:53 pm
No, I’m asking, as someone new to automation, are there any indicators that would be helpfultntondecode whether to set the bit up to back the selection, or lay.
You could start with something like a relative odds condition to measure the direction, speed and size of price moves. Or maybe look at a selection reaching a new high or new low price. https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/con ... 3D&mw=Mzcy
Bri1980

Thanks Shaun
tootatoota

Hi,
I am a newbie and trying to employ the steamer market.
I have made some changes to the system and need some information on how to do some others.
I have it set for a certain number of ticks below for triggering which is fine,but sometimes price hits that mark for a millisecond and the BOT triggers.Can i add a condition where it has to stay within that range (couple of ticks) for a bit longer before the BOT triggers.
What i am finding is the price then drifts and are losing on the LAY bet?
i would also like the lay bet to trigger when it shows a % profit rather than the last minute?
I would appreciate any help?
Thanks
Dallas

tootatoota wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:10 am
Hi,
I am a newbie and trying to employ the steamer market.
I have made some changes to the system and need some information on how to do some others.
I have it set for a certain number of ticks below for triggering which is fine,but sometimes price hits that mark for a millisecond and the BOT triggers.Can i add a condition where it has to stay within that range (couple of ticks) for a bit longer before the BOT triggers.
What i am finding is the price then drifts and are losing on the LAY bet?
i would also like the lay bet to trigger when it shows a % profit rather than the last minute?
I would appreciate any help?
Thanks
Yes, you can use signals to test a price has been above or below something for a certain amount of time
There is an example he thats shows the pricipal
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=14157

It tests the WOM is greater than for a period of time, so you'd just change this condition to test the price with 'Fixed Odds Conditions'
tootatoota

Thanks appreciate your help
HampshireIan

Morning folks,

I've uploaded this and just messing about with it on a race to see what it does and I have a question.

I have one horse showing at £4.00 profit which I greened up manually and another that is showing as £0.20 loss, also greened up, so I was expecting a profit of £3.80 overall, on the One Click screen.

But when I looked in ladder view, it showed a profit of around £0.35

Any ideas?
Dallas

HampshireIan wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:11 am
Morning folks,

I've uploaded this and just messing about with it on a race to see what it does and I have a question.

I have one horse showing at £4.00 profit which I greened up manually and another that is showing as £0.20 loss, also greened up, so I was expecting a profit of £3.80 overall, on the One Click screen.

But when I looked in ladder view, it showed a profit of around £0.35

Any ideas?
You only get the amount thats shown next to the winning selection, if you have green up successfully you will have the same P/L amount next to every selections name so it won't matter which one wins you'll get the same amount
waywyrd

Hi,

How do I set this bot up to back the most backed horse at a set time before the race, say 1-2 hours, where the last price is say 15.0.

Then cash out across all runners, after a sudden price drop or a predetermined time before the race starts.

Also add a profit and loss green-up/cash out rule to take a certain profit or minimise potential losses.

Regards,

Waywyrd.
Dallas

waywyrd wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:44 am
Hi,

How do I set this bot up to back the most backed horse at a set time before the race, say 1-2 hours, where the last price is say 15.0.

Then cash out across all runners, after a sudden price drop or a predetermined time before the race starts.

Also add a profit and loss green-up/cash out rule to take a certain profit or minimise potential losses.

Regards,

Waywyrd.

How are you defining the most backed horse?

By number of ticks moved, the IP% move, amount traded on it etc?

If only trading the one runner the other two (cash outs) are done using ' Close Trade on Selection Greening' rules, you'll need an 'Historical relative odds condition' to test a price move within a time frame
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/his ... _odds.html

The other would use a 'Trade Profit Condition'
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/clo ... rofit.html
waywyrd

Dallas wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:04 am
waywyrd wrote:
Hi,

Regards,

Waywyrd.

If only trading the one runner the other two (cash outs) are done using ' Close Trade on Selection Greening' rules, you'll need an 'Historical relative odds condition' to test a price move within a time frame

Hi,

I would be defining the most backed horse as the favourite at the time of first monitoring.

Regards,

Waywyrd.
Dallas

waywyrd wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:16 pm
Dallas wrote:
waywyrd wrote:
Hi,

Regards,

Waywyrd.

Hi,

I would be defining the most backed horse as the favourite at the time of first monitoring.

Regards,

Waywyrd.
You said earlier 'Where the last price was 15.0'

There'd only be a very small number of races were the fav would be 15.0
Unless i've mis-understood something?
waywyrd

Dallas wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:04 pm
waywyrd wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:16 pm
Dallas wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

Waywyrd.
You said earlier 'Where the last price was 15.0'

There'd only be a very small number of races were the fav would be 15.0
Unless i've mis-understood something?
Hi Dallas,

Apologies, not the favourite, should have been the most backed in traded amount or volume.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”