Back the Steamer Guardian Automation Bot for Horse Racing

LaMaquinaVerde

Thanks Wearthefoxhat. I managed to change the odds parameters to under 20.0 I found that the file I downloaded was triggering on any odds. Been playing around with this bot for a few days and,although early days,I can see a lot of potential in it. Considering putting in a trailing stop also.
smitdog

Hello Dallas , Wondering if you can help please as i am not familiar with setting up signals ?
With this file for example how do you add and link to the BAF a pre bet signal to meet a specified price criteria .

Just for example sake - how do you add a signal that only places a steamer bet only if the below signal criteria is meet .
1st Fav is between $2.00 to $3.00 and the 2nd Fav is between 2.50 to 3.50

Any help would greatly appreciated

Attached is file

Thanks David.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

smitdog wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:38 am
Hello Dallas , Wondering if you can help please as i am not familiar with setting up signals ?
With this file for example how do you add and link to the BAF a pre bet signal to meet a specified price criteria .

Just for example sake - how do you add a signal that only places a steamer bet only if the below signal criteria is meet .
1st Fav is between $2.00 to $3.00 and the 2nd Fav is between 2.50 to 3.50

Any help would greatly appreciated

Attached is file

Thanks David.
Not had a chance to look at the file but to achieve the principal you can do it without signals by adding 4 X fixed odds conditions to the back bet rule, two to test the range of odds for the fav then another two to test the range of odds for the 2nd fav
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=17622

You could do it with signals if you wanted by adding a 'Set/Modify signal' rule type with those same 4 conditions so that a signal is set on the selection when they are met

Then on your back bet rule add a signal set condition so that the back bet triggers upon condition the signal from above is now set

The 2nd post of the following thread steps through that principal
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17725
smitdog

Thanks Dallas , Thanks and had a try but i am still struggling in adding a pricing signal set up before i go to the next step of placing a back or lay bet .
So for example if i were to use the attached file and wanted to add a back bet or lay bet outside the 1st and 2nd favourite .
providing it meets the price range of the 1st and 2nd Fav in the market.
For example -
2 minutes Before race -
Critera for a bet back or lay bet must be -
1st Fav must be between 2.00 to 3.00 ,
2nd fav it must be between 2.50 to 3.00
If critera for the above prices doesn't match then no bet
One minute before race -
If the signal is ok and meets price criteria on 1st and 2nd Fav then proceed to back or lay as per steamer or drifter file attached

Hope this makes sense and appreciate your help with this
Cheers David..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

smitdog wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:45 pm
Thanks Dallas , Thanks and had a try but i am still struggling in adding a pricing signal set up before i go to the next step of placing a back or lay bet .
So for example if i were to use the attached file and wanted to add a back bet or lay bet outside the 1st and 2nd favourite .
providing it meets the price range of the 1st and 2nd Fav in the market.
For example -
2 minutes Before race -
Critera for a bet back or lay bet must be -
1st Fav must be between 2.00 to 3.00 ,
2nd fav it must be between 2.50 to 3.00
If critera for the above prices doesn't match then no bet
One minute before race -
If the signal is ok and meets price criteria on 1st and 2nd Fav then proceed to back or lay as per steamer or drifter file attached

Hope this makes sense and appreciate your help with this
Cheers David..
Ill have a look in the morning when I next fire up BA, if I've not responded by dinner time give the thread a bump to remind me
smitdog

Thanks Dallas , No worries will do .
Dallas

Managed to have a quick look at this now and think I'ce done it as you have asked for (or it should be close enough for you to amend)

I've added a signal rule to check for the price criteria of fav and 2nd fav between 2 & 1 min before post
then on the back/lay rules added that signal being set as a condition

Any problems let me know - it might worth posting to a new thread if so to keep this one on topic of the rule that's in the OP
smitdog

Hello Dallas , Thanks for your help on this . And will let you know if any issues .

Much appreciated

Thanks David...
Dallas

smitdog wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:03 pm
Hello Dallas , Thanks for your help on this . And will let you know if any issues .

Much appreciated

Thanks David...
I popped a reply on here for you earlier
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17825
Trading96

How do bots like this deal with non runners?

Does betangel retrospectively apply the reduction factor?
Bri1980

Hi,

How would you know when to enter the market to catch the steamer or get in for the potential reverse and catch the drift ?

Thanks
greenmark

Bri1980 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:29 pm
Hi,

How would you know when to enter the market to catch the steamer or get in for the potential reverse and catch the drift ?

Thanks
So, you're asking "how do i make money"?
Bri1980

No, I’m asking, as someone new to automation, are there any indicators that would be helpfultntondecode whether to set the bit up to back the selection, or lay.
ShaunWhite

Bri1980 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:53 pm
No, I’m asking, as someone new to automation, are there any indicators that would be helpfultntondecode whether to set the bit up to back the selection, or lay.
You could start with something like a relative odds condition to measure the direction, speed and size of price moves. Or maybe look at a selection reaching a new high or new low price. https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/con ... 3D&mw=Mzcy
Bri1980

Thanks Shaun

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”