Back or Lay at Betfair SP Guardian Automation Bot

humanoid769

so just place it as a normal lay bet
ChrisB

Hi Dallas - I hope you can help!

I'm looking for automation that will Back at SP (More than one selection if possible) and have a max odds limit of 200, even better if there is also a rule that will also Back at SP in the PLACE market, if the WIN market is no higher than 200 and no lower than 8.

Is this possible? Does it already exist? Can't seem to find anything that can be adapted?

Thanks in advance!

Chris
Dallas

ChrisB wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:44 pm

I'm looking for automation that will Back at SP (More than one selection if possible) and have a max odds limit of 200, even better if there is also a rule that will also Back at SP in the PLACE market, if the WIN market is no higher than 200 and no lower than 8.

Is this possible? Does it already exist? Can't seem to find anything that can be adapted?

Thanks in advance!

Chris
Since this example was created a few years ago a specfic rule now exists to back (or lay) at SP (5th and 6th rules down in the list)
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/rule_types.html

These are the same as placing SP bets via the Betfair website and when used on the parameters tab you'll be able to set your limit
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/tak ... ters_.html

You can also test prices from other markets but the SP needs to first be known, so the closest you could get to that is place the bet as the race turns in-running at the SP price but that means there is a risk its not matched 100% of the time ie, if a horse gets off to a flyer and romps home
Superkal

ChrisB wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:44 pm

Thanks in advance!

Chris
Hey Chris

Although, the above appears to be a simple strategy, it certainly can be very effective, particularly, if you pick the right type of races, with the right number of horses and odds are within a specific range.

Good shout for sure! Do you do this manually at the moment? If so, have you had much success?

Regards

Super
ChrisB

Thanks Dallas - Much appreciated!

Chris
sandip12

Hi Dallas, I'm hoping you are able to help.

I'm looking to automate bets that will lay at SP when the race goes in play, on all place markets with more than one selection under set criteria of odds in any given race. I have already tried to set the automation in the guardian to lay at SP and for the bet to trigger between 1 to 50 seconds after the off but it doesn't seem to do so. Is there something else I can try or any advice on how to get this set up properly?

Kind Regards,

Sandip
Dallas

sandip12 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:42 pm
Hi Dallas, I'm hoping you are able to help.

I'm looking to automate bets that will lay at SP when the race goes in play, on all place markets with more than one selection under set criteria of odds in any given race. I have already tried to set the automation in the guardian to lay at SP and for the bet to trigger between 1 to 50 seconds after the off but it doesn't seem to do so. Is there something else I can try or any advice on how to get this set up properly?

Kind Regards,

Sandip
Just to clarify how many runners and/or which runner are you laying if more than one of them is less than your required odds?

Also just in case you already have that part set up right is your lay bet/s greater than £10 liability?
Betfair will reject any SP lay bets that are under a £10 liability
sandip12

HI Dallas,

Thank for you the quick response

I have no limits for the amount of runner per race. instead I want to lay runner at under or equal to a set odds for example SP of <= 2.5 in the 4 TBP markets
To give a race example there 11 runner in that race and we have the automation to lay at SP for all under or equal to SP of <=2.5 the races gone in play live and only 4 out off 11 have bets matched as they met the criteria
General = rule type place lay SP bets
rules trigger time = set to in-play time tick arm trigger time 00.00.01 after event goes in-play until 00.00.50 after event goes in-play applies to selection with ANY selection
Parameters = maximum = Entered maximum price limit odds 2.5 Fixed Liability £10
Conditions 1 number of place bet Triggers condition = place bet triggers on the market > 1
Conditions 2 Fixed odds condition = lay price < 2.5
Conditions 3 in-play condition = the market is in-play

These are the Condition I set up and it not working what I am I doing wrong please, or can you help me out with these setting
Thanks
Sandip
Dallas

sandip12 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:44 pm
HI Dallas,

Thank for you the quick response

I have no limits for the amount of runner per race. instead I want to lay runner at under or equal to a set odds for example SP of <= 2.5 in the 4 TBP markets
To give a race example there 11 runner in that race and we have the automation to lay at SP for all under or equal to SP of <=2.5 the races gone in play live and only 4 out off 11 have bets matched as they met the criteria
General = rule type place lay SP bets
rules trigger time = set to in-play time tick arm trigger time 00.00.01 after event goes in-play until 00.00.50 after event goes in-play applies to selection with ANY selection
Parameters = maximum = Entered maximum price limit odds 2.5 Fixed Liability £10
Conditions 1 number of place bet Triggers condition = place bet triggers on the market > 1
Conditions 2 Fixed odds condition = lay price < 2.5
Conditions 3 in-play condition = the market is in-play

These are the Condition I set up and it not working what I am I doing wrong please, or can you help me out with these setting
Thanks
Sandip
Im not sure if the TBP markets have SP betting but if they do you'll need to use a regular 'place lay bet' if betting once the market has gone in-play
The rule type you've used is only for placing the bet pre-off to be matched at SP - which you could then do without any conditions as you can set the minimum price on the parameters tab when using this rule type

Regarding the rest of your file its just your 'Number of place bet triggers condition' thats preventing it from working
This should be set to equal to 0 (ie, it can only trigger on a selection if it hasn't already done so)

I'd also change the applies from ANY selection to Every selection, that way you can set the rule to just trigger 1 time and it will do so on all runners which meet your conditions

When using ANY, you'd have to set multiple triggers and have it rearm and then it will work through each selection in turn - where as the Every option will trigger on all the required selections in one go
sandip12

Hi Dallas,

Thank you for you help yesterday I will try tomorrow as I got a day off.

Thanks
Sandip12
cjw

Hey everyone,

Can someone please modify this file or explain how to add in a lay trade (no greening) at 2 tics below opening betfair SP bet please?

cheers

Corey
Dallas

cjw wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:45 am
Hey everyone,

Can someone please modify this file or explain how to add in a lay trade (no greening) at 2 tics below opening betfair SP bet please?

cheers

Corey
Easier just to create a new file with a 'Place a Lay bet' rule

and on the parameters tab place at 'custom ticks below actual SP'
cjw

so will it run next to the one click screen back at bsp as per context selection button if i allocate another button?
Dallas

cjw wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:06 pm
so will it run next to the one click screen back at bsp as per context selection button if i allocate another button?
It can be run from there if you create another custom column and button for it
cjw

Hi Dallas.

could you please create it for me? Ill setup the custom column part. my creations wont trigger. i just want it to lay at 2 ticks below BSP in order to be the closing bet to the BSP opening back bet when market goes in play.

is it something to do with two servants possibly confusing each other?

i notice the traffic light is 'yellow' upon pressing the second command to trigger (the lay at 2 ticks below bsp)

only if you have time Dallas and when have time... thanks.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”