Back or Lay at Betfair SP Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on Horse Racing Markets.

The bot will place either a £10 Back or Lay bet into the market well outside the current trading price 1 min before the off time and then convert this to be matched at the SP price as the race goes in-running.

Once you have applied the rule to the days races on the guardian main page

If you want to Back a runner at BSP you would select it in "Automation Nomination Selection 1" column

If you want to Lay a runner at BSP you would select it in "Automation Nomination Selection 2" column

If you dont wish to back or lay a runner in a race by leaving the box blank nothing will happen

See bottom image below All the runners in "ANS 1" will be backed at BSP and all those in "ANS 2" will be layed at BSP

The Bot is currently set to lay at 1.01 when using this rule you should change the lay odds to something closer to the odds your betting on - so for example if your stratergy is laying runners around 5.0-9.0 then set the lay bets at odds around 4.3 (this is because of the way BF handles the SP lay bets you want its as near to the odds but without matching as you can get it.

To use the file just click on the Back or Lay at Betfair SP.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size as with all other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "General, Parameters & Conditions" tab and change to whatever you require.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Even if your not into trading this is a very useful bot for straight betting that will allow you to quickly select and place all your back and lays for the day @ BSP without the need to go into each market individually and manually place the bet and tick "Take SP"
megarain

I am not sure if this is still working.

I slightly amended the bot .. see attached.

I placed a valid horse in ANS1, and it placed the 2 bets, at the right time, and I saw them, in the unmatched bets tab, at 200.

(The log doesnt show the placing of bets, which is really wierd, but, I know I saw them).

As the race went in-play, the bets appear to have been cancelled.

21/09/2016 20:39:19: Market changed to Kemp 21st Sep - 20:40 1m4f Hcap
21/09/2016 20:42:52: Market has been suspended
21/09/2016 20:42:52: Market is in-play
21/09/2016 20:42:52: Market has been unsuspended
21/09/2016 20:45:24: Market has been suspended

Can u see anything wrong, with my version ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
megarain

Next race it did same .. but, I tried to place a bet on a place mkt, and ot gave an error msg .. still, I would have thght win bets would have worked.

21/09/2016 21:09:00: [G_Auto] : £ 17.00 Back bet placed on Misu Pete at 200. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 75194236127
21/09/2016 21:09:00: [G_Auto] : £ 14.00 Back bet placed on Misu Pete at 200. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 75194236143 ( Offsetting by 45 ticks with greening. )
21/09/2016 21:09:00: [G_Auto] : Unable to place bet on Misu Pete at 17.5. The order cannot be processed as your betfair account does not have enough funds (or has exceeded its exposure limit).
21/09/2016 21:11:35: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
21/09/2016 21:11:36: Guardian has detected that the market is in-play
21/09/2016 21:11:36: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended

Thx
Dallas

Its likely because the 2nd back bet you have added also includes offsetting, and this offset is being placed and matched at the moment the back bet triggers.

If your going to try and use any sort of offsetting even with fill/kill selected from a SP bet your best placing the bet after the race has gone in-play at or just below the actual SP
megarain

Ok .. thx
Sicknote

Hi, I have tried to adapt the bet at BSP file (attached) to green up inplay for a £2.50 profit or close out for a £2.50 loss. It seems to place the unmatched bet but doesnt place the bet at BSP? Be very grateful if someone could tell me where i have gone wrong?
Dallas

Your using different 'applies to' for each rule type - they should all be the same as your 'back bet' rule.
(Your currently backing nom 1, taking SP on nom 2 & have your stop loss on Betfair Row 1)

Also on your 'Stop loss' rule change the condition to 'Close trade profit condition' ;)
Sicknote

Just a few things wrong then! lol
Thanks for your help!
Sicknote

Dallas wrote:Your using different 'applies to' for each rule type - they should all be the same as your 'back bet' rule.
(Your currently backing nom 1, taking SP on nom 2 & have your stop loss on Betfair Row 1)

Also on your 'Stop loss' rule change the condition to 'Close trade profit condition' ;)

Hi, Sorry I don't seem to have an option to select which horse it 'applies to' for taking SP on unmatched bets and on the close position it does say nom 1?
Dallas

2 mins ill have another look at the rule
Sicknote

Thank you. Help very much appreciated!
Dallas

Sorry about that originally I imported it into a older version of BA so i was nt seeing the 'applies to' section the same way as its shown now.

Anyway just had a look in the current version and your setting up of the rule is actually correct. The problem is just a very minor bug effecting take SP and noms under certain circumstances - BA development are already aware of this and it will be addressed in the next build.
I have amended this rule for you so should work fine now and have just changed the arm times and tested it and its now taking SP as it should so no reason why the close parts wont work in-running.

I did also make the change to the close rule condition for you as i detailed in my original reply and also amended the re-arm time to 2 secs.

(when ever greening in-play due to the 1 sec delay on all bets you need at least 2 secs between re-arms to avoid a further green up being triggered before the first has reached the market)

If you have any further probs just post another message.
Sicknote

Thank you so much! Guna give it a try today! Cheers!
uspurs

Hi,

I am looking to lay a horse in each race at bsp regardless of the price. I have imported the rules file, applied the rule to all markets, and selected a horse in automation nominated selection 2 for each race. However, I'm not managing to match any bets for some reason. Is there something else i need to change?

Many thanks

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”