Back or Lay at Betfair SP Guardian Automation Bot

tootatoota

Dallas,
Beauty i have done that.
I also worked out i had 2 hours instead of 2 min for backbet do that should be all good.
Thanks Brendan
tootatoota

Ok,
So my Baf doesnt work the way i need it to.
Toota special.baf
I would like it to do as below
• Lay the favourite when market percentage is between certain % (97-99.9%) for ex
• All good with that.
• But this LAY BET is triggering more than once
• I only want it to trigger 1 time.
• Then I want to put on a Back bet at SP to show a profit if the horse wins.
• If the market is against me I make a small loss?
Any help to my Formula attached would be Fantastic?
Thanks Brendan
MemphisFlash

is it because you have the back bet and the take sp bet on guardian selection1 instead of the favourite?
tootatoota

Thanks Memphis but what happens if the favourite changes from when i layed it til post time?
tootatoota

And why does my laybet trigger more than Once?
All help needed?
Thanks Toota
Dallas

tootatoota wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:12 am
Thanks Memphis but what happens if the favourite changes from when i layed it til post time?
See my 3rd from bottom post on the last page

The lay bet is only armed to trigger once so shouldn't be triggering more than this, unless you've removed and re-applied the rule to the same market or made some changes and saved while its applied to a market?
Ian G

hello, i am new and would like to use the betangel system to lay 3rd favorites in uk horse racing at betfair starting price to a fixed risk amount of £300 per race, regardless of the odds of that horse, is it possible to set that requirement up easily using betangel? i have basic knowledge of computers only. if this is the wrong thread, please direct me to the correct area?
best wishes ian g
Dallas

Ian G wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 11:05 am
hello, i am new and would like to use the betangel system to lay 3rd favorites in uk horse racing at betfair starting price to a fixed risk amount of £300 per race, regardless of the odds of that horse, is it possible to set that requirement up easily using betangel? i have basic knowledge of computers only. if this is the wrong thread, please direct me to the correct area?
best wishes ian g
Yes you can use the file from the opening post of this thread and change the staking method on the parameters tab to 'By Liability'

As per the instructions in that opening post you'll need to try and place the lay just outside the price and as late as possible so its not matched before the start.
It will calculate the stake to achieve the £300 liability on the odds its placed at so come the SP being calculated you may not get exactly £300 (but it won't be more than that).
Anbell

Dallas wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 1:25 pm
As per the instructions in that opening post you'll need to try and place the lay just outside the price and as late as possible so its not matched before the start.
It will calculate the stake to achieve the £300 liability on the odds its placed at so come the SP being calculated you may not get exactly £300 (but it won't be more than that).
Dallas, do you have a 'technical' description of why this happens? Or how the bet is calculated?

I find I usually get between 85% and 95% but I have no idea why the difference.
samcoopz

Interested in this one and will try today. Thanks.

How do you specify a ‘greening’ stake when you take BSP?

For context, I would like to place a back bet pre race and a corresponding lay bet at BSP with greening.
Anbell

samcoopz wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:56 am
Interested in this one and will try today. Thanks.

How do you specify a ‘greening’ stake when you take BSP?

For context, I would like to place a back bet pre race and a corresponding lay bet at BSP with greening.
IT's difficult to green at BSP because BSP is unknown until the race starts
Bally

SoI downloaded the file in the OP and used it at is - i made no changes to it - It placed the back bet at 200 but at the start of the race it didn't back at BSP, nothing happened - has the file been updated somewhere?
Dallas

Bally wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:43 pm
SoI downloaded the file in the OP and used it at is - i made no changes to it - It placed the back bet at 200 but at the start of the race it didn't back at BSP, nothing happened - has the file been updated somewhere?
What market did you use it on?

Was there anything in the log saying if BF rejected it?
Bally

I used it on the first 2 races today - in both it placed the initial bets at 200 - but then nothing - the log shows nothing until the races go in play and suspended.
Dallas

Bally wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:13 pm
I used it on the first 2 races today - in both it placed the initial bets at 200 - but then nothing - the log shows nothing until the races go in play and suspended.
There are no conditions on the Take SP rule so providing the market gets refreshed during the 8 seconds its armed for (between 10 and 2 secs before the start) the rule will trigger.

What refresh rate are you using in Guardian and how many markets do you have in to approx?

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”