Directional Scalping Pre Off Guardian Automation Bot

ShaunWhite

Use the Advanced Settings tab in Guardian to restrict the refresh, there's little point refreshing markets that have past or are much into the future.
BlackHat Betting

With the WOM... in the manual the description implies that if you are looking for a runner thats drifting out the WOM needs to be less than 50%

but here you show that it has to be greater than 50% ie 65%....

I am a little confused
Dallas

BlackHat Betting wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:14 pm
With the WOM... in the manual the description implies that if you are looking for a runner thats drifting out the WOM needs to be less than 50%

I am a little confused
The WOM condition only looks at the lay side of the book, so if you wanted to test that the WOM on the back side is greater than 65% you would set the condition to <35% (as <35% on lay side is the same as saying >65% on the back side)
BlackHat Betting

Dallas wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:32 pm
BlackHat Betting wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:14 pm

I am a little confused
The WOM condition only looks at the lay side of the book, so if you wanted to test that the WOM on the back side is greater than 65% you would set the condition to <35% (as <35% on lay side is the same as saying >65% on the back side)
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/wei ... money.html
Weight of Money

This condition allows the automation rule's trigger to be filtered by the weight of money of its selection.

The weight of money will be < 50% if there is more money waiting to be matched on the lay side of the selection than on the back side.
It will be > 50% if there is more money waiting to be matched on the back side of the selection than on the lay side.

In the screenshot below the condition is set to allow a trigger if the Weight of Money (WOM) is less than 20%; indicating pressure in the market for the price to shorten.
BlackHat Betting

That reads like the opposite to you @dallas
the woodworker

Hi Dallas, thanks for this download which works great. I have however added an offset trade with greening at 10 points and a stop loss at 5, and whilst it works well, it tends to place another lay bet immediately after the offset activation, presumably because the movement has been sufficient to trigger the next lay. This can negate the initial profit. Is there a way to defer the next lay on the same horse whilst permitting lays on others to continue to activate if they meet the price movement criteria.
Dallas

the woodworker wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:09 pm
Hi Dallas, thanks for this download which works great. I have however added an offset trade with greening at 10 points and a stop loss at 5, and whilst it works well, it tends to place another lay bet immediately after the offset activation, presumably because the movement has been sufficient to trigger the next lay. This can negate the initial profit. Is there a way to defer the next lay on the same horse whilst permitting lays on others to continue to activate if they meet the price movement criteria.
If you add the following condition to the lay rule;
'Fill or Kill bet time delay' is greater than 2 secs

That would stop any further lays appearing between the millisecond gap of the opening bet being matched and the offset being placed - once the offset is placed the current unmatched bet condition will prevent further lays until its matched
kening

With apologies for my undoubted naivity.

I have been trialling this bot for a few days with reasonable success.

However, today I had a real reverse where it looks like a selection went in play without greening. I had an open lay position at 8.80. The horse, inevitably, won so I am down £78.

I thought that the greening condition was supposed to prevent that happening.

Have I got that wrong?
Dallas

kening wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:10 pm

However, today I had a real reverse where it looks like a selection went in play without greening. I had an open lay position at 8.80. The horse, inevitably, won so I am down £78.

Have I got that wrong?
The green-up rule is armed for 8 secs (between 10 and 2 secs before official start) and will trigger twice within this time

How many markets did you have in guardian approx and what guardian refresh rate are you using?
kening

Dallas wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:38 pm
kening wrote:

Have I got that wrong?
The green-up rule is armed for 8 secs (between 10 and 2 secs before official start) and will trigger twice within this time

How many markets did you have in guardian approx and what guardian refresh rate are you using?
Thanks, Dallas

I had set guardian to hit each UK horse race so probably more than 30.

The refresh rate was 350 ms - so far as I can see.

Cheers

Ken
Dallas

kening wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:36 pm
Dallas wrote:
kening wrote:

Have I got that wrong?

Thanks, Dallas

Cheers

Ken
For the number of markets, it was a bit to slow so didn't manage to refresh the market and fire the green-up rule.

If we say it was only 30 markets, thats 30 x 350ms is 10500ms (10.5 secs) to refresh each market one time
the green-up rule was armed for 8 secs so will have been missed (armed and disarmed before the market was refreshed and the rule triggered)

The following thread explains further about how guardian cycles and refreshes markets, and also how you can speed up the refresh rate and configure it better
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
kening

Dallas wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:02 pm
kening wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:36 pm
Dallas wrote:

Thanks, Dallas

Cheers

Ken
For the number of markets, it was a bit to slow so didn't manage to refresh the market and fire the green-up rule.

If we say it was only 30 markets, thats 30 x 350ms is 10500ms (10.5 secs) to refresh each market one time
the green-up rule was armed for 8 secs so will have been missed (armed and disarmed before the market was refreshed and the rule triggered)

The following thread explains further about how guardian cycles and refreshes markets, and also how you can speed up the refresh rate and configure it better
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
Brilliant- Thanks Dallas.

I will give this a go.

Ken
RayC

Hi,

Sorry if I am being thick, but pretty new here and I just can't seem to work out how to do this.

You know how in the trap trading bot, it says don't place trade/cancel if less than £100 on the other side. Well I am trying to do something similar in that I do not want this to place trade if the amount in the next back box is greater than that of the lay side box ie is equal or less.

To clarify if the bot is triggered to place a trade or even has placed the trade but not matched at say 3.6 on the lay side were there is £100 and the amount on the back side at 3.65 (1tick up) is £101 or more than the bot will either not place the opening trade or cancel the existing should it go above that. I am trying to do it as a % not an amount - less then 100% of volume in lay box.

I would be really grateful for any help with this as I just can't seem to find the right instructions or conditions.

Thanks
Ray C
Dallas

RayC wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:37 pm
Hi,

Sorry if I am being thick, but pretty new here and I just can't seem to work out how to do this.

You know how in the trap trading bot, it says don't place trade/cancel if less than £100 on the other side. Well I am trying to do something similar in that I do not want this to place trade if the amount in the next back box is greater than that of the lay side box ie is equal or less.

To clarify if the bot is triggered to place a trade or even has placed the trade but not matched at say 3.6 on the lay side were there is £100 and the amount on the back side at 3.65 (1tick up) is £101 or more than the bot will either not place the opening trade or cancel the existing should it go above that. I am trying to do it as a % not an amount - less then 100% of volume in lay box.

I would be really grateful for any help with this as I just can't seem to find the right instructions or conditions.

Thanks
Ray C
If you add a Stored Value condition configured like in the image below, that will give you want you want

Capture.JPG
You can use the Adjustment option near the bottom to increase/decrease by an amount/percentage etc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RayC

Thank you Dallas for such a quick reply.
I will give it a go, though I did switch it around as I need the lay side more than the back side. (Not a phrase to be used when courting :lol: :lol: )

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”