WOM Scalping Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

These are basic Guardian automation files for use on pre-race Horse Racing markets, but it could easily be edited to suit others like greyhound markets.

During the final 5 minutes, the bot will target the 2nd fav and perform 1 ticks scalps with a stake of £10 by offering a back or lay bet at the best reverse price if the WOM is greater than 60% on that side of the book.

When an opening bet is placed (either back or lay WOM is greater than 60%) if the WOM then drops below 50% the bet is canceled and will be re-submitted next time either side is greater than 60%

If the price moves away from your opening bet before its matched it is also canceled and will be re-submitted next time either side is greater than 60%

If the opening bet is matched an offset bet for £10 is placed 1 tick away, when that is matched the whole process can start again beginning when either the back or lay WOM is greater than 60%, should the price move against you by 4 ticks a stop loss will trigger to close the position and the process can begin again.

30 seconds from post time the rule will stop placing new bets, with 15 seconds to post it will green up your position

To use the file just click on the Scalping WOM.Baf’ and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.
To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g

If you wish to use this in a semi-automated way you can download it in the form of a servant from the following thread
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=16730&p=158676#p158676
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sionascaig

Thanks for posting this Dallas.. I was struggling to understand how the price dependent parameters worked and this provides a great example...

Running a versions on dogs atm and noticed that on one occasion the 2nd favourite changed and was left with a lay in the market on the old 2nd fav but no offset had been triggered - maybe just a combination of prices changing very fast and poor connection speed but it looked a bit odd (even if it did result in a nice profit!)...

Just wondering if there may be an issue in general if the 2nd fav changes as the closure rules are 2nd fav dependent?

Regards
J
Dallas

sionascaig wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:16 pm
Thanks for posting this Dallas.. I was struggling to understand how the price dependent parameters worked and this provides a great example...
Thanks for that, part of the purpose of the bots uploaded is to incorporate and show a working way in which the options can be used so im glad its helped you understand ways which it can be used

sionascaig wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:16 pm

Running a versions on dogs atm and noticed that on one occasion the 2nd favourite changed and was left with a lay in the market on the old 2nd fav but no offset had been triggered - maybe just a combination of prices changing very fast and poor connection speed but it looked a bit odd (even if it did result in a nice profit!)...

Just wondering if there may be an issue in general if the 2nd fav changes as the closure rules are 2nd fav dependent?

Regards
J

If running on dogs it might be wise to fix the market order so it focuses just on one selection as they do flip-flop alot.

In its current setup the rule its self will leave an unmatched on a selection if another becomes 2nd fav, (it will cancel or offset if it becomes 2nd fav again or when greened near the off)

Or assuming you don't have other bets going in you could add another 2 x 'cancel unmatched bets' rules, one for the fav and one for the 3rd fav and have them trigger if its the opening bet that's left should the order flip-flop
sionascaig

Perfect....

Thanks again )
darren777

Hi there, this maybe a dumb question as I am just lookin at how great Betangel can be and discovered 'scalping ..being a novis, can someone please aswner this question to me so I can understand the value of learning the software:
1. Can I totally automate Scalping using the servants - so it will place bets to my set criteria while I amway at work for the day
2. can I set up the scalping so it will also work while I am at work...
Do I use the Guardian ' as protection. ie can I set up a system automated that if my scalping criteria is not matched the bet is cancleed. so effectively through scaling, can I set up a system that my best will only be placed if I will be able to make money out of the scalping? and I should not lookse as the cardian will protect my position.
is this correct or am I missing something here.
would appreciate anyon clarifying this and what the % of win / loss ratio around this strategy looks like for someon who does this regualry using bet Agenl
Dallas

darren777 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:43 am
Hi there, this maybe a dumb question as I am just lookin at how great Betangel can be and discovered 'scalping ..being a novis, can someone please aswner this question to me so I can understand the value of learning the software:
1. Can I totally automate Scalping using the servants - so it will place bets to my set criteria while I amway at work for the day
2. can I set up the scalping so it will also work while I am at work...
Do I use the Guardian ' as protection. ie can I set up a system automated that if my scalping criteria is not matched the bet is cancleed. so effectively through scaling, can I set up a system that my best will only be placed if I will be able to make money out of the scalping? and I should not lookse as the cardian will protect my position.
is this correct or am I missing something here.
would appreciate anyon clarifying this and what the % of win / loss ratio around this strategy looks like for someon who does this regualry using bet Agenl
Servants are intended to be started by the users on individual markets and will cancel if you switch to another.

Guardians automation allows you to assign a set of rules (an automation file) to a market and it will do everything in the background even while your away from your PC.

Guardian will trigger the rules when the conditions and parameters you set are met, it cant magic away or avoid losses, these will still occur if the market moves against you after you have opened a position.

Every rule/automation file will incur losses its the user's job to tweak and play about with them and find the correct type of markets etc to get the profits to outweigh the losses over time, with automation this only has to be by a small % as your usually looking to churn through volumes of markets
gptuk

ive ran this file dozens of times and NEVER seen a green situation should this be targeted at specific markets to improve the opportunity ? (if so what are the recommendations ? )
Dallas

gptuk wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:23 pm
ive ran this file dozens of times and NEVER seen a green situation should this be targeted at specific markets to improve the opportunity ? (if so what are the recommendations ? )
Almost every scalping bot should be used on competitive markets where runners are trading within and tight/steady range
Races like maidens, novices etc should definitely be avoided

The majority of files uploaded will require some modifying by the users if they are to make a profit from them long term, the intention is for them to be used as a starting point or to demonstrate how to set something up for the user to then build on.
Even if I uploaded the most profitable bot ever made once the 6th-7th person has downloaded and begun using it then it will seize to be profitable

The only ones which 'could' be used as they are and still turn a profit are those which are selected based ie, lay the draw, back server if facing break point etc
These will work as they are providing you select the right matches to run them on
gptuk

All week (6 full days) i have have run 2 bots, 1 B2L for 1 tick and 1 L2B for 1 tick (yes just one tick ) i ran them every day, every race this week at ALL meetings UK & IRE every single race.

BOTH strats lost over the day every day WTF !!

Can some super trader please explain how we can reduce these losses to at least cover this expensive premium subscriptions
Dallas

gptuk wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:38 pm
All week (6 full days) i have have run 2 bots, 1 B2L for 1 tick and 1 L2B for 1 tick (yes just one tick ) i ran them every day, every race this week at ALL meetings UK & IRE every single race.

BOTH strats lost over the day every day WTF !!

Can some super trader please explain how we can reduce these losses to at least cover this expensive premium subscriptions
If it was as simple as running a b2l and l2b bot on every race of every day then everyone would be doing it, as Peter as often said (and repeated it in a YT video last week 'For every market, there is a strategy and for every strategy, there is a market - the job of a trader is to match them up'

The first step now would be to back through all those markets and look for the ones where you made the losses and see if there is any pattern by analyzing the results
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=12327

Finding any edge/profitable strategy whatever you want to call it requires a lot of trial and error, I've got bots which I'm up to V20+ and still tweaking and refining

Aso using Bet Angel Professional works out at 0.41p day, I don't think there is any other profession/trade someone can do where the tools required to carry it out cost anyway near as low as a subscription of BA
gptuk

Yes they are your Baf files that i have slightly tweaked adding a fix condition trying to grab just 1 tick.
I have a b2l & a l2b version to use pre-race.

For ref my sole aim and expectation was to determine which method was a better start point back first or lay first, i usually determine this by the size of my bank with laying ! All it has proved to me is that neither worked really in this instance over the last 6 days.

You are correct i have plenty of race data to look through but tbh i see no point as they weren't the results i was expecting with significantly more losing trades than winning ones. With multiple fires what i do not know is if any were green prior to closing out / "greening" up 10 seconds out for a loss as this ran whilst i was away working.

I love the flexibility and usability of the BA software and its by far the best ive used, the most intuitive and user friendly for sure, but it would be better paying for it with someone else's money not my own !

Im sick of people of all media platforms telling me how much money they make trading this is the most part is fantasy on what i have experienced over the last few years, i have yet to find ANY market that regularly greens for any amount of money, (ive tried tennis, football & racing) but my search continues even with a diminishing bank.

Having been a gambler for 30+ years and used BF for the last 14 years or so i realized a couple of years back that i need to be more controlled in my approach and i was hoping this approach "trading" (lol) would assist with my strike rate, profitability & reduce my losses.

As im sure you have concluded this to date has not been the case !
kaylan731

Hi I am a newbie to BA. Having done the free trails and watched dozens of the excellent videos I took the plunge and signed up. Amazed at the amount of info and tips on here.
Anyway can someone help me please. I am interested in the automation and have been playing around a little.
Can download some of the files but the WOM scalping file comes up with a message
Saying:-

Unable to import the Automation Rules File WOM.baf
It was created with a different versionof Bet Angel and is not compatible.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do.
As I am new I assume my v1.49.0 is the latest
Sorry if it is a dumb question.
Thanks
Dallas

kaylan731 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:31 am
Hi I am a newbie to BA. Having done the free trails and watched dozens of the excellent videos I took the plunge and signed up. Amazed at the amount of info and tips on here.
Anyway can someone help me please. I am interested in the automation and have been playing around a little.
Can download some of the files but the WOM scalping file comes up with a message
Saying:-

Unable to import the Automation Rules File WOM.baf
It was created with a different versionof Bet Angel and is not compatible.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do.
As I am new I assume my v1.49.0 is the latest
Sorry if it is a dumb question.
Thanks
The latest version is V1.51.1
https://www.betangel.com/securedownload ... _beta1.exe
kaylan731

Thank you, that sorted it.
Just shows you should never assume.
Dallas

kaylan731 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:55 am
Thank you, that sorted it.
Just shows you should never assume.
There's been a ton of new features added since V1.49, so it's worth reading the opening posts of these two threads for full details all new additions
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16227
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=17234

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”