Trade the LTP Crossing over the VWAP Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation file for use on Pre-Race Horse Racing markets
The purpose of this bot is to back or lay if a runners LTP (last traded price) crosses the VWAP (volume Weighted average price).

For those who don’t know the VWAP gives the average price a selection/runner has traded at throughout the day, based on both volume and price.
When the LTP crosses over the VWAP this could be a sign that the long term trend has now reversed

How it Works

20 minutes before post time all rules will be armed and active and every 5 seconds a rule will store the value of the runner in Betfair’s row 1 Back book%, Lay book% and VWAP book%.

If the back book% reaches 3% greater than the VWAP book% a signal is set on the selection named ‘greater’
If the lay book% reaches 3% less than the VWAP book% a signal is set on the selection named ‘less’

If the ‘greater’ signal is set and the back book% now crosses over and becomes less than the VWAP book% (ie, the price now appears to be drifting) then a lay bet for £10 is placed at the best market price.

If the ‘less’ signal is set and the lay book% now crosses over and becomes greater than the VWAP book% (ie, the price now appears to be shortening) then a back bet for £10 is placed at the best market price.

At post time a Green up rule will trigger and green up any open trades.

NB, if you don't want to fully automate this then I have created a similar variation of this which will instead alert you to the LTP crossing over the VWAP leaving the final decision on what action to take up to you and you can download this from the following link
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=18341

To use the file just click on the following Trade the VWAP Crossover.baf and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.
Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BetScalper

Awesome stuff, as usual Dallas. :)
JTEDL

Nice work Dallas!
Dallas

BetScalper

Hi Dallas,

Any reason why you went for 3% or was that just an example ?

Thanks,
Dallas

BetScalper wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:55 pm
Hi Dallas,

Thanks,
No reason, it was just an example, 3% gives a decent amount of ticks 7-12 depending on the odds of the runner to set the signal at
BetScalper

Dallas wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:09 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Hi Dallas,

Thanks,
No reason, it was just an example, 3% gives a decent amount of ticks 7-12 depending on the odds of the runner to set the signal at
Would 5% be way too much ?
Dallas

BetScalper wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:18 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:09 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Hi Dallas,

Thanks,
Would 5% be way too much ?
That will be giving you around 15 ticks gap between the LTP & VWAP so is on the high side - depending on your strategy around that amount maybe time to oppose as it retracts back to the VWAP
teambulldog

Thanks Dallas
Julian :D
PantherSports21

How can I change the Rules files to trade on e.g. fav 1-3?
Dallas

PantherSports21 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:18 am
What you'd need to do is change the 'applies to' Betfair order of favourtism 1
on the first 5 rules

Then select each one in turn and click the icon with two green arrows to duplicate it and change the 'applies to' Betfair order of favourtism 2
Then do that again to create a set of rules for the 3rd fav

Finally to avoid them all getting messed up if the order of favouritism changes you'll need to add a 'Fix order of market selections' rule and arm it to trigger once just before those rules start triggering
BrianDee

PantherSports21 wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:18 am
Change the selection in all rules from 'by row index' to 'by nomination'.
Then apply the bot to a race and select the runner you want it to act on by picking from the 'Automation Nominated Selection 1' list for the race.
Korattt

I've just migrated this for the first time within numerous other rules for a bot within Guardian & I'm getting this, so unable to employ it, any clues?, just seeing if it will fire on the last race this evening as a servant but I really would like it to fire as a bot
error.png
my other rules fired ok until I inserted this file,

EDIT.. worked fine as a servant
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Korattt wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:48 pm
I've just migrated this for the first time within numerous other rules for a bot within Guardian & I'm getting this, so unable to employ it, any clues?, just seeing if it will fire on the last race this evening as a servant but I really would like it to fire as a bot

error.png

my other rules fired ok until I inserted this file,

EDIT.. worked fine as a servant
You'll get that type of error if one of the rules, parameters or conditions within the file uses servant context in some way, removing/changing any reference to a servant context will allow you to use it as a Guardian automation file
Korattt

OK, now I've solved that problem (removed store entry / marked entry) etc, I'm looking for it to fire over a number of positions, just tested it on one of the markets at Newcastle & it only fired one position, how am I able to achieve this?

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”