Scalp at the Top & Bottom of a Range Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation file for use on Pre-Race Horse Racing markets.

To use this bot you'll need to be using the latest beta version of Bet Angel Professional V1.52
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=18643

The purpose of this bot is to look for the top and bottom of the traded range of the runners in row’s 1, 2 and 3, the bot will be armed and active during the final 5 minutes up till post time, then at post time it will green up just to ensure there are no bets taken in-play.

If the prices get's to the top of the range a £10 back bet is placed at the best reverse price, if not matched within 30secs it will be killed, if it is matched it will place a offset with greening bet at 1 tick with a stop loss at 3 ticks
If the prices get's to the bottom of the range a £10 lay bet is placed at the best reverse price if not matched within 30secs it will be killed, if it is matched it will place a offset with greening bet at 1 tick with a stop loss at 3 ticks

The above will be repeated so long as there are no unmatched bets in the market (ie, both the opening and offset bet have been matched before it can trigger again).

Defining a Range

The bot will define a range as follows;
When approaching the top of the range the traded volume at the best lay price must have more than £1000 traded but be less than 50% of the traded volume of the best back price, the 2nd and 3rd best lay prices must then have less than £1000 traded, on a ladder it would look like this

Ladder Back.JPG

When approaching the bottom of the range the traded volume at the best back price must have more than £1000 traded but be less than 50% of the traded volume of the best lay price, the 2nd and 3rd best back prices must then have less than £1000 traded, on a ladder it would look like this

Ladder Lay.JPG

How it Works

Each back and lay rule uses three ‘Stored Value’ conditions to test for the range.

On the back bet rule, the first condition tests the traded volume at the lay price is less than 50% of the traded volume at the back price
The next two conditions, test that there is less than £1000 at the 2nd and 3rd best lay prices
The ‘Number of unmatched bets’ condition tests to ensure there are no unmatched bets on the selection
The ‘Fill/Kill bet time condition’ ensures another opening bet is not accidentally triggered between the opening bet being matched and the offset bet being placed (ie, it’s a safe guard to further ensure another opening bet can’t trigger until both the previous opening and offset bet have been matched)
The last condition tests there has also been at least £1000 been traded at the lay price (this prevents the rule triggering if it goes through the top of a range and into prices where only a few hundred has been matched.

On the lay bet rule the first condition tests the traded volume at the back price is less than 50% of the traded volume at the lay price
The next two conditions, test that there is less than £1000 at the 2nd and 3rd best back prices
The ‘Number of unmatched bets and ‘Time since Fill/Kill’ conditions are the same as described above for the back bet rule.
The last condition here is also identical to the one used in the back bet rule except it tests there has been at least £1000 traded at the back price for the same reasons detailed above.

To use the file just click on the following Scalp the Top and Bottom of Range.baf and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.
Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
teambulldog

Thanks Dallas
Am looking forward to trying this one
Julian
BetScalper

Hi Dallas,

Is it OK to run this on Hcap and non Hcap races or just the latter ?

Cheers,

Mark
Dallas

BetScalper wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:22 pm
Hi Dallas,

Cheers,

Mark
I'd go for just the H'cap and more competitive races where you get more defined and solid ranges.

Also, I'm sure you'd know but for others who may not be aware I'd change the values used in the bot, the ones I've used are just generic for the purposes of setting it up
BetScalper

Dallas wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:26 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:22 pm
Hi Dallas,

Cheers,

Mark
I'd go for just the H'cap and more competitive races where you get more defined and solid ranges.

Also, I'm sure you'd know but for others who may not be aware I'd change the values used in the bot, the ones I've used are just generic for the purposes of setting it up
Yep, understood, awesome stuff. :)
sionascaig

Yes, thanks Dallas.... I have a bot that does something similar but by a completely different mechanism / conditions... Looking forward to see the differences in behaviour )
jimibt

cheers for this Dallas - i can see a nice tweak here to change the rule lines to be signals (rather than straight bet placement rules). using that approach would allow you to pressure test the edge of these ranges a number of times before committing the outcome to a final bet...

again, nice starting point.
Dallas

Some nice thinking there Jim
BetScalper

jimibt wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:32 am
cheers for this Dallas - i can see a nice tweak here to change the rule lines to be signals (rather than straight bet placement rules). using that approach would allow you to pressure test the edge of these ranges a number of times before committing the outcome to a final bet...

again, nice starting point.
+ 1

Stop giving away all your secrets Rodney. :)
Atm1981

Hi how do I add the following rules:
-add a scratch trade to be taken if after my trade is matched for example back trade entered at top of range however the lay money increase more and back side money reduces so then I want to scratch trade or take 1-2 tick loss ?"

- Take back trade at top of range when money reduces on the lay side
- Take lay trade at bottom of range when money reduces on the back side and increase on the lay side
Dallas

Atm1981 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:22 pm
Hi how do I add the following rules:
-add a scratch trade to be taken if after my trade is matched for example back trade entered at top of range however the lay money increase more and back side money reduces so then I want to scratch trade or take 1-2 tick loss ?"

- Take back trade at top of range when money reduces on the lay side
- Take lay trade at bottom of range when money reduces on the back side and increase on the lay side
The best way (which applies to both) is to use a series of stored value conditions to test the money available at the best prices
There is a servant that uses this and tests the money waiting at the best 3 prices so if you have a read of the following thread and maybe download it you'll see exactly how its set up.
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=18645

To translate that into this rule on the current back/lay rules you would add up to 6 SV conditions to test the 3 best back and 3 best lay prices before they are allowed to trigger.
Also on the signal tab of the back rule add a 'Set Signal' on selection (name it back)
and on the signal tab of the lay rule add a 'Set Signal' on selection (name it lay)
You'll see why you need this shortly

Regarding scratching, the best way here is to add 2x green up rules

On one of them add a signal set condition
is signal named 'back' on selection set with a value
you'll also need up to 6 SV to test the money waiting as you have done above.
Finally on the signal tab use 'Clear signal' named back on selection (thats so the whole loop can begin again)

Then do something similar for your lay rule but change the signal tab to 'Clear signal' named lay on selection
and of course you'll likely want to reverse the values used in the SV conditions

and that will do it
Atm1981

Thank you,

I have updated the file and hoping it will now do the following:
-Enter the Back trade at the top of range when the current lay price money drops below £80
-Enter the Lay trade at the bottom of range when the current back price money drops below £80

Scratching trades
- Back scratch if current lay price money is greater than current back price money
-lay scratch if current back price money is greater than current lay price money

Could you check the attached for me ? So for taking up your time and thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Atm1981

Hi again,

What I am trying to automate for the scratch trade is to do what I do manually today as this is probably the must important part of trading in betfair.

Example:
If the horse top range was 4.3 I would back at 4.2 once the money on the lay side has reduced under £80

So then i am looking for 1 offset or scratch trade :
4.2 200
100 4.1

So I would be in a back trade at 4.2 and hoping for a 1 tick offset however if the 200 at 4.2 reduces to below 80 and the money at the lay side on 4.1 increases I want to scratch at 4.2 asap. If the price jumps over 4.2 before scratch exit at best price.

If I can have help with this i will work out my entry of trade. I work in IT so hopefully I pick this up quickly :) thank you
Dallas

Atm1981 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:39 am
Hi again,

What I trying to automate for the scratch trade is to do what I do manually today as this is probably the must important part of trading in betfair.

Example:
If the horse top range was 4.3 I would back at 4.2 once the money on the lay side has reduced under £80

So then i am looking for 1 offset or scratch trade :
4.2 200
100 4.1

So I would be in a back trade at 4.2 and hoping for a 1 tick offset however if the 200 at 4.2 reduces to below 80 and the money at the lay side on 4.1 increases I want to scratch at 4.2 asap. If the price jumps over 4.2 before scratch exit at best price.

If I can have help with this i will work out my entry of trade. I work in IT so hopefully I pick this up quickly :) thank you
I've attached a sample rule with the required SV conditions to scratch a back bet if the Lay side looks to be stronger.

The first 3 conditions state there must be at least £100 at each of the best 3 back prices in the image below that would be at 5.9, 6.0 & 6.2 (i never included this in yesterdays post but it helps give the following a basis to work from - however you could remove these 3 if you wish)

Capture.JPG

The next 3 test the money waiting at;
the best back price (6.2) is 20% greater than the money waiting at the best lay price (6.4)
the 2nd best back price (6.0) is 20% greater than the money waiting at the best lay price (6.6)
the 3rd best back price (5.9) is 20% greater than the money waiting at the best lay price (6.8)

That's the general foundation, feel free to switch around the values, change from % to fixed amounts or remove some if you don't want to test all 3 prices either side.
Atm1981

Thank you again ,

I will see how I get on:)

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”