Scalp at the Top & Bottom of a Range Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

Atm1981 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:18 am
Thanks again how do I set the file to stop trading if I made two successful trades or if I made 4 tick loss? I want it to stop trading that market If two successful trades or 4 tick loss? Is that possible ?
The best way would be to add a profit condition to your opening rules, you just need to know roughly how much a four tick loss will cost you based on the stakes your using
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11656
Atm1981 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:18 am

If I use liability set to 70% that will place a bet on the lay side using say £70 of my 100 bank, this won't stop me matching the offset as have £30 available?
I'm not sure I understand this question, can you clarify?
Atm1981

Great thanks,

I want to use all my bank or as much of it on each trade.
Atm1981

Hi,

How do I get this file to look for bets 2 when the price is 2 ticks or less from the top and bottom of the range ?

When the price is 2 ticks away or less from the bottom or top , I then want to place a bet at the current best price when there less than £100 waiting as the current price.

For example horse at its bottom of its range at 3.85 , when the back amount at 3.90 is less than £100 I want to lay at current best price and do the opposite if at the top of range is this possible?
Dallas

Atm1981 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:47 pm
Hi,

How do I get this file to look for bets 2 when the price is 2 ticks or less from the top and bottom of the range ?

When the price is 2 ticks away or less from the bottom or top , I then want to place a bet at the current best price when there less than £100 waiting as the current price.

For example horse at its bottom of its range at 3.85 , when the back amount at 3.90 is less than £100 I want to lay at current best price and do the opposite if at the top of range is this possible?
You'll need to add a further stored value condition to test the money waiting at the best lay price is < £100

The current Stored Value conditions that already look for the traded amount at the top and bottom of the range just need an adjustment of + or - 1 adding
Atm1981

Thank you again,

is there a way to identify the amount matched at back_price or laay_price instead of volume?example there might be 1000 matched at back_price but volume is only 400. i want to identify the 1000 matched.
Dallas

Atm1981 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:45 pm
Thank you again,

is there a way to identify the amount matched at back_price or laay_price instead of volume?example there might be 1000 matched at back_price but volume is only 400. i want to identify the 1000 matched.
Do you mean the amount matched in a single bet/between refreshes?
ubfxu

Still a rank beginner finding my way around Bet Angel Automation, but just a technical question to ensure that I understand things correctly here.

From what I can gather the "Betfair Order" on UK Racing sorts the Selections in increasing order of the Back Price from lowest to highest.
On Australian Racing the "Betfair Order" is presented strictly by order of Saddlecloth Number, ie 1,2,3,4 etc.

In any case, wouldn't this bot need a "Fix the Order of the Market Selections" Rule Type to ensure that the Back and Lay Bets that are triggered up to 10 times apply to the same runner ?

The Back and Lay Rules are intended to start triggering on the first three in the betting, 5 minutes before the advertised Start TIme. Should those 3 Selections remain the same throughout the entire triggering process or does that not matter?
Dallas

ubfxu wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:37 am
Still a rank beginner finding my way around Bet Angel Automation, but just a technical question to ensure that I understand things correctly here.

From what I can gather the "Betfair Order" on UK Racing sorts the Selections in increasing order of the Back Price from lowest to highest.
On Australian Racing the "Betfair Order" is presented strictly by order of Saddlecloth Number, ie 1,2,3,4 etc.

In any case, wouldn't this bot need a "Fix the Order of the Market Selections" Rule Type to ensure that the Back and Lay Bets that are triggered up to 10 times apply to the same runner ?

The Back and Lay Rules are intended to start triggering on the first three in the betting, 5 minutes before the advertised Start TIme. Should those 3 Selections remain the same throughout the entire triggering process or does that not matter?
You could fix the order if you wanted but as the rules use offsetting closing a position even if it changed order or slipped out the top 3 after the opeing bet is placed isn't a problem.
The way its setp up in a competative market it could trigger on several different runners
mtrehearn

Thanks Dallas, another great bot example.

Is there a way to make this look at the short term changes range (the pink bars on the ladder) instead of an overall range? Or maybe even to consider has any volume being traded above the current price point in the last say 60 seconds?

Thanks.
Dallas

mtrehearn wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:36 am

Is there a way to make this look at the short term changes range (the pink bars on the ladder) instead of an overall range? Or maybe even to consider has any volume being traded above the current price point in the last say 60 seconds?

Thanks.
Short answer is no, but what you could do though is maybe use rolling high/low traded prices which can be easily configured to cover any time you want and trigger bets if a new high/low price is set

and this example has a rules file which stores the rolling high/low during the last 30secs
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=22504
mtrehearn

Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:12 am
mtrehearn wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:36 am

Thanks.
Short answer is no, but what you could do though is maybe use rolling high/low traded prices which can be easily configured to cover any time you want and trigger bets if a new high/low price is set

and this example has a rules file which stores the rolling high/low during the last 30secs
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=22504
Thank you that looks like just the ticket.

Bit of a newbie - how can I use the stored values to then place a trade? What i am aiming for is to scalp the back when it hits the top of the most recently traded? So could i add some sort of "if current back traded price = top rolling traded price then place back bet"?

Thanks again.
EasyRead

Has the market changed since this was first put up? e.g. Matched Betting, big money algos.

I know these are basic bots which are meant to be built upon to be profitable.

However, I tried the Bot mentioned in the thread on perhaps a limited number of races and they all seemed to lose.

I know it is probably me looking for an easy profit. Perhaps I should put set up an algo to do the opposite.

Anyway, going back to the original question, do you think the market has changed with Matched Betters etc?
adryan87

EasyRead wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:07 pm
Has the market changed since this was first put up? e.g. Matched Betting, big money algos.

I know these are basic bots which are meant to be built upon to be profitable.

However, I tried the Bot mentioned in the thread on perhaps a limited number of races and they all seemed to lose.

I know it is probably me looking for an easy profit. Perhaps I should put set up an algo to do the opposite.

Anyway, going back to the original question, do you think the market has changed with Matched Betters etc?
My opinion is,not. Only this bot,and all bots from here will not work. They are just an idea..I have not seen one user to Say IT worked for him. Only if he made n tweaks...and for this,you need to know a lot of things 😅😅
Step93

Someone can show me all the steps for create this automation on BETDAQ?
thanks at all!
Dallas

Step93 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:12 pm
Someone can show me all the steps for create this automation on BETDAQ?
thanks at all!
Same as the other file you enquired about not all the required options are available in the Betdaq version to recreate this

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”