Scalp at the Top & Bottom of a Range Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

Atm1981 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:22 pm
Hi how do I add the following rules:
-add a scratch trade to be taken if after my trade is matched for example back trade entered at top of range however the lay money increase more and back side money reduces so then I want to scratch trade or take 1-2 tick loss ?"

- Take back trade at top of range when money reduces on the lay side
- Take lay trade at bottom of range when money reduces on the back side and increase on the lay side
The best way (which applies to both) is to use a series of stored value conditions to test the money available at the best prices
There is a servant that uses this and tests the money waiting at the best 3 prices so if you have a read of the following thread and maybe download it you'll see exactly how its set up.
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=18645

To translate that into this rule on the current back/lay rules you would add up to 6 SV conditions to test the 3 best back and 3 best lay prices before they are allowed to trigger.
Also on the signal tab of the back rule add a 'Set Signal' on selection (name it back)
and on the signal tab of the lay rule add a 'Set Signal' on selection (name it lay)
You'll see why you need this shortly

Regarding scratching, the best way here is to add 2x green up rules

On one of them add a signal set condition
is signal named 'back' on selection set with a value
you'll also need up to 6 SV to test the money waiting as you have done above.
Finally on the signal tab use 'Clear signal' named back on selection (thats so the whole loop can begin again)

Then do something similar for your lay rule but change the signal tab to 'Clear signal' named lay on selection
and of course you'll likely want to reverse the values used in the SV conditions

and that will do it
Atm1981

Thank you,

I have updated the file and hoping it will now do the following:
-Enter the Back trade at the top of range when the current lay price money drops below £80
-Enter the Lay trade at the bottom of range when the current back price money drops below £80

Scratching trades
- Back scratch if current lay price money is greater than current back price money
-lay scratch if current back price money is greater than current lay price money

Could you check the attached for me ? So for taking up your time and thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Atm1981

Hi again,

What I am trying to automate for the scratch trade is to do what I do manually today as this is probably the must important part of trading in betfair.

Example:
If the horse top range was 4.3 I would back at 4.2 once the money on the lay side has reduced under £80

So then i am looking for 1 offset or scratch trade :
4.2 200
100 4.1

So I would be in a back trade at 4.2 and hoping for a 1 tick offset however if the 200 at 4.2 reduces to below 80 and the money at the lay side on 4.1 increases I want to scratch at 4.2 asap. If the price jumps over 4.2 before scratch exit at best price.

If I can have help with this i will work out my entry of trade. I work in IT so hopefully I pick this up quickly :) thank you
Dallas

Atm1981 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:39 am
Hi again,

What I trying to automate for the scratch trade is to do what I do manually today as this is probably the must important part of trading in betfair.

Example:
If the horse top range was 4.3 I would back at 4.2 once the money on the lay side has reduced under £80

So then i am looking for 1 offset or scratch trade :
4.2 200
100 4.1

So I would be in a back trade at 4.2 and hoping for a 1 tick offset however if the 200 at 4.2 reduces to below 80 and the money at the lay side on 4.1 increases I want to scratch at 4.2 asap. If the price jumps over 4.2 before scratch exit at best price.

If I can have help with this i will work out my entry of trade. I work in IT so hopefully I pick this up quickly :) thank you
I've attached a sample rule with the required SV conditions to scratch a back bet if the Lay side looks to be stronger.

The first 3 conditions state there must be at least £100 at each of the best 3 back prices in the image below that would be at 5.9, 6.0 & 6.2 (i never included this in yesterdays post but it helps give the following a basis to work from - however you could remove these 3 if you wish)

Capture.JPG

The next 3 test the money waiting at;
the best back price (6.2) is 20% greater than the money waiting at the best lay price (6.4)
the 2nd best back price (6.0) is 20% greater than the money waiting at the best lay price (6.6)
the 3rd best back price (5.9) is 20% greater than the money waiting at the best lay price (6.8)

That's the general foundation, feel free to switch around the values, change from % to fixed amounts or remove some if you don't want to test all 3 prices either side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Atm1981

Thank you again ,

I will see how I get on:)
Atm1981

Ok i create an entry back bet with your sample file. Do I need to put a time on the scratch trade or leave it 0?

My back bet enter when the best available price money reduces by an amount. Just for testing scratch trade functionality.

Thank you again for quick response 😀

Would you mind if I send you a pm about setting up my method later as don't want to post it publicly ?
Dallas

Atm1981 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:59 am
Ok i create an entry back bet with your sample file. Do I need to put a time on the scratch trade or leave it 0?

My back bet enter when the best available price money reduces by an amount. Just for testing scratch trade functionality.

Thank you again for quick response 😀

Would you mind if I send you a pm about setting up my method later as don't want to post it publicly ?
It can be armed for the same durations as the back/lay bets are, if you included the signal details advised earlier that will keep it to only being able to trigger after an opening bet is tiggered

I'm happy for you to send a PM but its fair to let you know because of the amount I receive it can take several days before I'll even get to open it.
Atm1981

Sorry me again:)

How do add the wom of money to this , as I want to only enter the trade if either side increases by 30% ?

Also how to do I create a stop loss to be 2 ticks from the bottom of current range for lay bet and 2 ticks away from the top range for the back bet ?

Thanks
Dallas

Atm1981 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:28 pm
Sorry me again:)

How do add the wom of money to this , as I want to only enter the trade if either side increases by 30% ?

Also how to do I create a stop loss to be 2 ticks from the bottom of current range for lay bet and 2 ticks away from the top range for the back bet ?

Thanks
The WOM figure will bounce about a lot so adding a 30% increase will unlikely help in any way, but you could add a WOM condition is greater than 70% on the lay bet and WOM condition is less than 30% on the back bet
Will will prevent them from triggering until that's satisfied.

There is already a Stop Loss of 3 ticks on the original file, so just changing this to 2 on the parameters tab will do it
Atm1981

Thanks again how do I set the file to stop trading if I made two successful trades or if I made 4 tick loss? I want it to stop trading that market If two successful trades or 4 tick loss? Is that possible ?

If I use liability set to 70% that will place a bet on the lay side using say £70 of my 100 bank, this won't stop me matching the offset as have £30 available?
Dallas

Atm1981 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:18 am
Thanks again how do I set the file to stop trading if I made two successful trades or if I made 4 tick loss? I want it to stop trading that market If two successful trades or 4 tick loss? Is that possible ?
The best way would be to add a profit condition to your opening rules, you just need to know roughly how much a four tick loss will cost you based on the stakes your using
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11656
Atm1981 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:18 am

If I use liability set to 70% that will place a bet on the lay side using say £70 of my 100 bank, this won't stop me matching the offset as have £30 available?
I'm not sure I understand this question, can you clarify?
Atm1981

Great thanks,

I want to use all my bank or as much of it on each trade.
Atm1981

Hi,

How do I get this file to look for bets 2 when the price is 2 ticks or less from the top and bottom of the range ?

When the price is 2 ticks away or less from the bottom or top , I then want to place a bet at the current best price when there less than £100 waiting as the current price.

For example horse at its bottom of its range at 3.85 , when the back amount at 3.90 is less than £100 I want to lay at current best price and do the opposite if at the top of range is this possible?
Dallas

Atm1981 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:47 pm
Hi,

How do I get this file to look for bets 2 when the price is 2 ticks or less from the top and bottom of the range ?

When the price is 2 ticks away or less from the bottom or top , I then want to place a bet at the current best price when there less than £100 waiting as the current price.

For example horse at its bottom of its range at 3.85 , when the back amount at 3.90 is less than £100 I want to lay at current best price and do the opposite if at the top of range is this possible?
You'll need to add a further stored value condition to test the money waiting at the best lay price is < £100

The current Stored Value conditions that already look for the traded amount at the top and bottom of the range just need an adjustment of + or - 1 adding
Atm1981

Thank you again,

is there a way to identify the amount matched at back_price or laay_price instead of volume?example there might be 1000 matched at back_price but volume is only 400. i want to identify the 1000 matched.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”