Swing Trade using Top & Bottom of Traded Range Guardian Automation Bot

Autolearner

Once again thanks

Will play around with the stops, and will also look at applying to the sorts of markets you indicate

Real sense that there is a whole bunch of benefits to be gained from exploring Automation more, which from my perspective are just “over the next hill” but with the insights of yourself and others on this wonderfully supportive forum are getting ever nearer.
MobiusGrey

Just want to say thanks to Dallas for this one. Tweaked a few conditions and added in a couple of my own and it's had some great results. I can only get it profitable if I run it as a servant and screen which races to apply it to rather than a blanket bot on all markets but it's become a pretty powerful tool in my arsenal.

Hoping it's scalable now :geek:
luckytrader

done about 120 races in practice mode with this automation olso the back the fav then lay it in running close at 15 ticks its the quickest way for any newbie to lose all his bank. 0f the 120 races 60 each 57 of the back the fave and lay of in running ended in red. of the swing trade using top and bottom traded range i had 53 in the red of the 60 . dont know if whoever created the files ever tested them i would advise any newbie to stay away from them and try do manual trading.
greenmark

What were you expecting? Instant pofit from the base rules?
The bots that Dallas creates are just to illuminate what you can do with BA.
I apologise if I sound harsh but you can explore the forum as well as I can (probably better).
No-one will share a profitable bot. If they did it would immediately become unprofitable as everyone jumps on the bandwagon.
luckytrader

was not after profit i ran them in practice mode you must admit its a very bad strike rate .But everyone on this wants to make profit but i dont think anyone will be in profit with that automation IMO. would love anybody to prove me wrong am not having a go at anyone just the results suprised me so i will be avoiding them.
BetBuddy

luckytrader wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:59 pm
was not after profit i ran them in practice mode you must admit its a very bad strike rate .But everyone on this wants to make profit but i dont think anyone will be in profit with that automation IMO. would love anybody to prove me wrong am not having a go at anyone just the results suprised me so i will be avoiding them.
Run it on Hcap races where 1st favourite is > 3.5 and the 4th favourite is < 10. Let it run on all 4 horses from 10 mins out. Then adjust the amount settings until you see a pattern happen > 60% of the time and finally adjust the TP and SL.

There is no point with practice mode because your money is not in the market and therefore FAKE.
luckytrader

cheers will try that out not a big fan of automation never looked into it much just wanted to explore what it is capable of . did it on the lay over 2.5 goals market before kick of on 10 games with a greening out after 15 mins and it worked fantastic had 8 out of 10 profitable trades. maybe i should stick with football and tennis cricket as there my main passion. cheers.
sniffer66

Been playing with this and a few other posted BAF files lately and have managed to set up a number of servants replicating what I'm doing manual trading. Looking good so far.

What I've been struggling to get my head around this morning is how I can set a trading range for the last x seconds, as opposed to being based on volume since the market opened. I'm thinking of tracking highest\lowest traded prices in stored values from the time I run the bot but would have to shift either way as the recent traded range decreased\increased. I've been up all night working so head isnt 100%.
Not looking for something complete and happy to put something together myself if anyone can suggest how\if this can be done.

Thanks in advance
mcgoo

sniffer66 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:55 pm
Been playing with this and a few other posted BAF files lately and have managed to set up a number of servants replicating what I'm doing manual trading. Looking good so far.

What I've been struggling to get my head around this morning is how I can set a trading range for the last x seconds, as opposed to being based on volume since the market opened. I'm thinking of tracking highest\lowest traded prices in stored values from the time I run the bot but would have to shift either way as the recent traded range decreased\increased. I've been up all night working so head isnt 100%.
Not looking for something complete and happy to put something together myself if anyone can suggest how\if this can be done.

Thanks in advance
Thought about this a lot recently and couldn't come up with anything elegant.It would appear to be a very good idea to be able to do this. I know there was a suggestion not so long ago to re BA being able to do similar with VWAP (i.e being able to vary when the measurement starts) I think having the option as to when to track highest and lowest traded prices is a very good idea too :ugeek:
BetBuddy

If you make some changes then this file goes nuts on greyhound markets. ;)
MobiusGrey

Thought about this a lot recently and couldn't come up with anything elegant.It would appear to be a very good idea to be able to do this. I know there was a suggestion not so long ago to re BA being able to do similar with VWAP (i.e being able to vary when the measurement starts) I think having the option as to when to track highest and lowest traded prices is a very good idea too
I tried a few things last night to see if I could come up with anything, the closest I got was modifying a bot Dallas had made that uses historic relative odds looking back over (x) seconds as 3 or 4 separate rules but it doesn't quite give the desired effect in that it's not looking for a true range but only if that price has been traded at some point. The 'show last traded volume' setting on the ladder interface is incredibly handy set to clear after 300 milliseconds, not entirely sure how that would work if you could use it as a rule in Guardian somehow?
sniffer66

I was considering something along the lines of starting an SV at current price and replacing that value every time the price went above. That would give you the highest traded price since the rule started. Same for a lowering SV. You could test for traded volume at the same time

The problem with that approach is that it doesn't then account for a shifting range if both/one then lowered. Any reset trashes your previous range data :(

I tend to use the dark pink (by default) recently traded volume bar within the volume column to denote the recent range. If we could replicate that data in the automation that would be excellent
mcgoo

sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:50 am
I was considering something along the lines of starting an SV at current price and replacing that value every time the price went above. That would give you the highest traded price since the rule started. Same for a lowering SV. You could test for traded volume at the same time

The problem with that approach is that it doesn't then account for a shifting range if both/one then lowered. Any reset trashes your previous range data :(

I tend to use the dark pink (by default) recently traded volume bar within the volume column to denote the recent range. If we could replicate that data in the automation that would be excellent
I tried doing something something similar on the fav and tried using signals +SV's for when the threshold was crossed in either direction.It quickly became unwieldy and let alone if you had to track more than one runner :shock: BA slowed and the clock began to stick (I've seen this before with other complex bots)so I gave up. I think that being able to track this, with the addition of OR conditions functionality, would greatly simplify the rule-set and give you the added functionality while keeping within performance limits. :ugeek:
sniffer66

mcgoo wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:14 am
sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:50 am

I tried doing something something similar on the fav and tried using signals +SV's for when the threshold was crossed in either direction.It quickly became unwieldy and let alone if you had to track more than one runner :shock: BA slowed and the clock began to stick (I've seen this before with other complex bots)so I gave up. I think that being able to track this, with the addition of OR conditions functionality, would greatly simplify the rule-set and give you the added functionality while keeping within performance limits. :ugeek:
That's the only way I can work out how to do it using the existing framework as well - increase an SV if the last traded price is above/below the previous value. I've seen the same thing with a complex bot I've written, it just slows right down.
I'm used to writing scripts with IF, ELSE IF, loops and calling sub routines or functions so finding this a little frustrating. But it is what it is.
I understand this is possible in Excel so it might be time to look into using that.
sniffer66

I've no idea if this is going to work in the real world yet as I only came up with the idea this morning and threw it together as a POC. I based it on the idea of current LTP over-writing a previously lower/higher value to denote the range - yet to test on a moving horse market due to time of day.
The problem with this approach is that it only addresses a growing range, not a shrinking one.

So....

Sets 4 SV's, 2 long term and 2 short term. The short term values loop every 0.2s and overwrite themselves if the upper & Lower LTP's have moved - building a growing range.
The long term SV's then get written with current short term values every x seconds (120s to 60s based on time to off) and reset the short term at the same time.
The reset short term values start to rebuild a new range from scratch while I can use the long term values in a bet condition. Long term values get re-written with the new range x seconds later

Obviously it's always a little out of date but have tried to mitigate that a little by writing any new breach to the long term values immediately. It's any contraction of the range that takes time to build.
All the timings used are purely finger in the air at the moment

As I've said I've yet to test but comments\updates happily accepted. Or just tell me it aint gonna work :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”