Scalping if Pressure has Built Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation file for use on pre-off horse racing market markets.

The purpose of this rules file is to scalp for 1 tick profits if the pressure of money has built on one side of the book.

5 minutes before the off until post time both back and lay rules will become armed, if one of the rules triggers it will place a £10 bet on the selection in Betfair row 1 at the best price and offset with greening by 1 tick when matched, (it will also trigger a stop loss if the price moves against the opening bet by 3 ticks).

Once either greened up or stopped out and there are no unmatched bets on the selection it will be ready to repeat the process again once the pressure has built.

At post time a green-up rule will trigger and green up any open trade at the best price

So, what is defined as pressure?

This is when the money waiting at each of the best 3 prices on one side is significantly more than the money waiting on the other side of the book at the respective best 3 prices (so it’s far more sophisticated than just using WOM).

For the purposes of this example when the money waiting at the two best prices are compared and one side must be 100% greater (or double the other side), the money then waiting at the two second-best prices are compared to each other and one side must have 50% more money waiting, its then the same for the 3rd best prices.
Only when the money waiting on one side is greater than the other plus 100%, 50% and 50% will the rule trigger.

So, using the back bet rule for this explanation the following image should explain further

Ladder.JPG

It's then the opposite way around for the lay bet rule to trigger

How it Works

There are 3 Stored value condition on each back and lay rule, the first compares the best prices on either side, the second compares the 2nd best prices on either side and of course the third condition tests the 3rd best prices on either side.
The fourth condition ensures there are no unmatched bets bet’s on the selection, so another opening back/lay bet can not trigger until the first is greened up.

To use the file just click on the following Scalping if Pressure has Built.baf and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.
Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
teambulldog

Thanks again Dallas
Julian :D
Freespeechfiona

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:55 am
This is a basic Guardian automation file for use on pre-off horse racing market markets.
Hi Dallas,

Is there an updated version of this file? It's telling me it's incompatible with my version of Bet Angel.

Cheers
Freespeechfiona

Ah, just seen there's a new version of Bet Angel I needed to install, working now.

Thanks
Freespeechfiona

Very interested in this script. In the first race it was about as good at scalping as I am...about a second behind everyone else :D Only playing for £2 stakes though so lost a whole 4p and got to watch the race....NOT because the feed was down :D

Great little script though, thanks Dallas. I tend to be crap at closing down trades that are going wrong so this is ideal for me.
BetBuddy

i change the settings to 100, 50 and 25. Seem to get allot more trades on that way.
Freespeechfiona

One thing I've noticed is that it can't seem to cope with the hectic trading near the off....a bit like me! I'm going to set it to scalp 10 mins before the off until 2 mins before the off to see if that helps.
Freespeechfiona

Ran it all with varying settings from 100% - 85%, changing the scalping times etc. No luck in finding anything that worked, most races showed a loss. I'd like to think there's a way of making this work though.
BetBuddy

Freespeechfiona wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:22 pm
Ran it all with varying settings from 100% - 85%, changing the scalping times etc. No luck in finding anything that worked, most races showed a loss. I'd like to think there's a way of making this work though.
Hcap races where the 1st favoruite odds > 3 and and 4th favourite odds < 10.

Each type of race needs a different type of automation.

One type of automation does not fit all types of markets.
wearthefoxhat

BetBuddy wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:35 pm
Freespeechfiona wrote:

Also, try and avoid volatile markets.
Atho55

I have tinkered with (Best Back 1 + Best Back 2 + Best Back 3) > (Lay Best 1 + Lay Best 2 + Lay Best 3) + 100-200% It works to some degree but needs a few more conditions like WOM.

Decreasing the traded range time in settings from 30 to 10 on the Ladder view looked to show over the 10s a small trading range of 3-4 ticks. X Amount over Y seconds type thing. Not got round to integrating that yet but think it might help
BetBuddy

BetBuddy wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:35 pm
Freespeechfiona wrote:

Or

Find races where the difference in odds between 1st and 4th Favourite is < 4 odds.

1st = 3
2nd = 4
3rd = 5
4th = 6

1st = 4
2nd = 5
3rd = 6
4th = 7

1st = 5
2nd = 6
3rd = 7
4th = 8

1st = 6
2nd = 7
3rd = 8
4th = 9

You get the point....
enigma1978

Guys, sorry for reviving a fairly old post, but a quick question. Is there a way through automation to automatically pick hcap races, or only use the automation on the odds you've set out above, i.e no more than a 4 odd gap between 1st and 4th runners?
Dallas

enigma1978 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:45 pm
Guys, sorry for reviving a fairly old post, but a quick question. Is there a way through automation to automatically pick hcap races, or only use the automation on the odds you've set out above, i.e no more than a 4 odd gap between 1st and 4th runners?
You would need to filter for race types like H'cap races at search, there is an example market filter you can download from the following thread which just requires the text changing from Chs and Hur to H'cap
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=18681

To test the price between the 1st and 4th runner you can add a 'Relative odds' condition to the back/lay rule
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/relative_odds.html
BetBuddy

Hi,

I have found it works best when the following conditions are met:

- From 10 minutes to 5 minutes
- Favourite >= 4.00
- Any Selection Between 4.00 and 10.00
- BTL if Best Lay Amount > (1% Of Selections Traded Volume Amount) AND Best Lay Amount > (Best Back Amount + 100%) AND WOM(56,33,11) < 30%
- LTB if Best Back Amount > (1% Of Selections Traded Volume Amount) AND Best Back Amount > (Best Lay Amount + 100%) AND WOM(56,33,11) > 70%

However, you need to build in additional triggers to cancel unmatched trades if certain things move against you before your initial trade is matched. You can also get it to cancel if/when spoof money appears in the 3rd Best back/Lay columns. Also, if opening with Offset/Stop then you need to makesure it accounts for the fact that the offset and/or stop could get rejected by BF. Yes, it happens.

And finally, dont take the best market price when opening your trades. :D

Goodluck,

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”