Scalping if Pressure has Built Guardian Automation Bot

wearthefoxhat

ajanthony wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:18 pm
Hi Dallas,
Probably easier if I attach the baf file. As it turns out the bot as is ran without a single loss on 5 UK meetings overnight. It also ran at a profit on Aus races yesterday so it must be close to correct I would assume. Anyway, if you wouldn't mind just looking at the settings and advising on whether I got it like you explained apart from the names and a few additions I made. I know you don't test bots so a just an eye over it would be appreciated.
Regards,
Anthony
Dallas is better to give you feedback on this.

FWIW, one suggestion would be to add a volume condition if you want to add it to other markets like greyhound racing. (£2000 is sufficient)
Dallas

ajanthony wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:18 pm
Hi Dallas,
Probably easier if I attach the baf file. As it turns out the bot as is ran without a single loss on 5 UK meetings overnight. It also ran at a profit on Aus races yesterday so it must be close to correct I would assume. Anyway, if you wouldn't mind just looking at the settings and advising on whether I got it like you explained apart from the names and a few additions I made. I know you don't test bots so a just an eye over it would be appreciated.
Regards,
Anthony
I've added the three rules to the top of the file, which does everything down to the clearing part of my earlier post
Scalping if Pressure has Built.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ajanthony

Thank you Dallas,
Much appreciated.
Anthony
ajanthony

Hi Dallas,
I have been away and only just getting back to this. Can you clarify one point for me. Just looking at the high lighted back bet and then the condition, it almost seems like the condition has the > symbol the wrong way around. Is it the way I am reading it because it reads to me like there is more money on lay side which you would expect to be laying but instead it is backing. Once I have this clarified I will tidy it all up and label everything correctly.
Regards,
Anthony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grimm

Hi
How I add lay bet max liability say around £50. Thanks
Dallas

grimm wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:35 pm
Hi
How I add lay bet max liability say around £50. Thanks
Change the Staking method of the Lay rule to 'By Liability (back & Lay)' and enter 50
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/sta ... ters_.html
robchampion

Just downloaded the original file and noticed that there are a bunch of conditions attached to the Green Up rule which stops it firing.
tommo

I'm a newbie to Bet Angel and today I ran this bot on 4 races and I like it a lot!

My question is, up until now my bets have been slow, maybe one an hour or so, but this bot was placing bets at an amazing rate. 31 lay and backs on one race alone! Can this flag Betfair and potentially damage my account?

Many thanks in advance.
tommo

I'm a newbie to Bet Angel and today I ran this bot on 4 races and I like it a lot!

My question is, up until now my bets have been slow, maybe one an hour or so, but this bot was placing bets at an amazing rate. 31 lay and backs on one race alone! Can this flag Betfair and potentially damage my account?

Many thanks in advance.
Dallas

tommo wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 8:51 pm

Many thanks in advance.
No, Betfair are fully aware people use automation to place high volumes of bets quickly and fully embrace the concept

They even host events and meet ups from time to time for people using their own software to create bots etc
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=20313&p=209377
tommo

Thankyou Dallas.
I suspected that but I wasn't completely sure.
ShaunWhite

tommo wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 6:05 pm
Thankyou Dallas.
I suspected that but I wasn't completely sure.
You'll see here -> <https://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Betfair ... anCharges2 that the number of transactions isn't an issue unless you go over 5000 in any one hour (place and cancel being 2 transactions) . But even then it's not a limit and you just get charged 0.2p per transaction which you can offset with any commission you paid that day. So pay £10 commission through the day and you can have an extra 5000 (£10 / 0.2p) for nothing at anytime in the day.

Strange as it may seem, betting 23hrs a day, tens of thousands of bets a day and a couple of million staked in month doesn't consitute problem gambling. What's more likely to bring you the attention of the authorities are things like excalating stakes and mid-session bank top-ups. eg things like this -> https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 22-10144-4
tommo

Thank you Shaun.
Very interesting. I never realised how many bets it is possible to make with Betfair.
Obviously, I get the problem gambler flag. And it makes sense!

This particular strategy I've run 4 times so far and on all, full days racing in the UK and Ireland. All just £2 bets. Very slightly in profit!
I'll continue it for another month or so and see where I am then. If it does start to pick up, I'll increase it by 2% of my bank every day.
I'm not sure if I'm completely doing it right, but for the very small Gains/losses (- 50p +50p here and there) it's well worth the experiment.
Mike Miller
Location: 1401 K St NW ,Washington, D.C. United States of America

does it work?
ShaunWhite

tommo wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 4:05 pm
Thank you Shaun.
Very interesting. I never realised how many bets it is possible to make with Betfair.
Obviously, I get the problem gambler flag. And it makes sense!

This particular strategy I've run 4 times so far and on all, full days racing in the UK and Ireland. All just £2 bets. Very slightly in profit!
I'll continue it for another month or so and see where I am then. If it does start to pick up, I'll increase it by 2% of my bank every day.
I'm not sure if I'm completely doing it right, but for the very small Gains/losses (- 50p +50p here and there) it's well worth the experiment.
Staking will depend on your effect on the market not the depth of your pockets so just let the stake build slowley rather than x% of bank. Tbh "bank" is term people use that doesn't mean much, is it the random amount in a Betfair wallet, or what you plan to invest in learning in total before quitting. And if you're inclined to top up your bank occasionally then what is it.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”