Back if Within 10% of Highest Traded Price at Post Time Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation file for use on horse racing markets

The purpose of this bot is to monitor the runners in Betfair rows 1 to 3 starting 20mins before post time and back any runner at post time for £10 if its last traded price is within 10% of its highest traded price during the those final 20mins.

So, if during the those 20mins a horse traded as high as 4.4 the bot would trigger and place the bet at post time if its price is trading greater than 3.95 at post time or within 1 minute after post.

How it Works

The first three rules will store the initial lay prices of each runner 20mins before the off, with the name ‘high’.

The next three rules (named New High) are armed from 20mins to post time, each use’s a stored value condition to test if the last traded price is ‘greater than’ the current stored value named ‘high’, if it is it will trigger and re-store the new price with a stored value named ‘high’.

The final three rules (named Back) are armed from post time till 59 secs after post time, also each use a Stored Value condition to test the last traded price is greater than the stored value named ‘high’, adjusted by minus 10% - its this condition and adjustment which ensures the last traded price is within 10% of the highest stored price during the last 20mins, if it isn’t then no bet will be placed.
There is also an in-play condition to test the market is NOT in-play, just in case it does go in-play during the 59 seconds the rule is armed for after post time.

Once the back bet is placed nothing further will happen, its up to you how you want to proceed ie, leave it as a straight bet or add some offsetting, etc.

Shortly before this was uploaded the following tweet by Peter is a perfect example of what this bot would have caught
https://twitter.com/betangel/status/1213439481380048896

To use the file just click on the following Back if within 10% of Highest Traded Price at Post.baf and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

TIP

To edit the percentage adjustment from 10% open the ‘Back Bet’ rule/s and on the stored value condition change the value as highlighted in the image below.

Adjustment.JPG

If you want the price to be closer to its highest traded price before the back bet can trigger then you would reduce this value, to allow it to be further away from its highest traded price then you would increase this value
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Valda

Is there a way to say that the second stored high must be x percent higher than the first stored high for it to trigger - so that you can make sure that you are following a drift and not little movements.

Thanks for any help.
Valda

I think I’ve answered my own question here - can be done using adjustment but what is the difference between “percent” and “percent using price” - not quite sure which I should use.
Dallas

Valda wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:22 pm
I think I’ve answered my own question here - can be done using adjustment but what is the difference between “percent” and “percent using price” - not quite sure which I should use.
Sorry for the delay in responding, 'Percent using price -1' just allows you to specify which price it uses to start its calculation from.

So if the price was 4.0 then 50% would be 2.0
When using Price -1 if the price was 4.0 then 50% would be 1.5 (4.0 - 1 = 3.0)

Its mainly used if your trading odds on prices, ie, using price -1, if the price was 1.80 then 50% would be 1.40 (as the 1 is removed and its half of 0.8)
Valda

Thanks for the explanation
bests3lleruk

How do you define what rows 1 to 3 are? Because in certain markets the rows don't seem to be in order of the current traded price. Like row 1 which I presume is the first row in any given market is not always the favourite, and the 2nd row, the 2nd favourite, if you know what I mean? Sometimes they're all jumbled up particularly in low liquidity markets. So if this automation file is only monitoring rows 1-3 wouldn't it sometimes be monitoring the wrong horses? aka, not the front of the market? Apologies I'm just new to the automation side.
Dallas

bests3lleruk wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:24 am
How do you define what rows 1 to 3 are? Because in certain markets the rows don't seem to be in order of the current traded price. Like row 1 which I presume is the first row in any given market is not always the favourite, and the 2nd row, the 2nd favourite, if you know what I mean? Sometimes they're all jumbled up particularly in low liquidity markets. So if this automation file is only monitoring rows 1-3 wouldn't it sometimes be monitoring the wrong horses? aka, not the front of the market? Apologies I'm just new to the automation side.
It was mainly set up for UK horse racing markets which by 20mins to post will be in there fav order and remain unchanged by Betfair (unless a withdrawal).

If you want to use it on other market types like Aus racing and Greyhound where the Betfair order is always sorted bu saddle/stall number then you can change each rule to be applied to 'Betfair order of Favourtism.

If you do this to ensure the orders dont change as the prices move (and mess up the rules) you'll just need to add a
Fix the Order of market selections rules and arm it to trigger once a few seconds before the other rules start.
Derek2783

Made a decent profit on this today using only £2 stakes.

Thanks
gstar1975

1 year since your post have you had much success with this not?
gstar1975

Another year has passed and no one has responded to my question which could mean there has been good success with this bot. As no one is having problems with it. If there is a thread where lots of people are responding with problems it would suggest no one is having success.

Has anyone tried laying at within 10% of its low?
gstar1975

How would you go about backing if the price was within 10% of its high with regards to its range?

So High is say 6.0 low 3.0 range = 3.0
10% of 3.0 = 0.3 so back anything below 6.0 and above 5.7

Is that correct?
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:55 am
How would you go about backing if the price was within 10% of its high with regards to its range?

So High is say 6.0 low 3.0 range = 3.0
10% of 3.0 = 0.3 so back anything below 6.0 and above 5.7

Is that correct?
There is an example here that does it
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=21326

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”