Stop Loss & Green Up at VWAP (Volume Weighted Average Price) - Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on pre-off racing markets but could be adapted for use on many other types

The purpose of this bot is to green up either for a profit or loss if the price trades at the current VWAP price.
In the image below I've displayed the VWAP for each selection in the odds column and it will green up if the price trades at those odds

So this rules file could be used as both a stop loss or greening up exit depending if you were backing or laying a selection and which side of the VWAP the price was trading when you placed your opening bet.

Ladder.JPG
I've included a screenshot in the next post of the settings needed to display this market on your ladder screen, but the green up rule will trigger with or without it - its just a visual indicator for you which you might want to have displayed

In the image above I’ve backed the 3rd runner at 6.4 which was below the VWAP at the time, so the VWAP will act as the stop loss price - if the price trades at 7.0 the green up rule will trigger

I’ve also backed the 4th runner but this time the price was above the VWAP, so this time the VWAP price will act as the exit for a profitable green up if the price trades at 7.0
The same principals apply if laying so it’s entirely up to you how you use this, or you may want to edit the Stored Value itself and have the green up rule trigger a tick or two above/below the VWAP

Remember the VWAP is updated every time the market is refreshed so is a dynamic moving price which is what can make it so useful as a exit price.

How it works and using the Rules File
Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

Please refer to the 'Note' tab for each rule understand how each rule works and how it may be connected to other rules within the file

Notes.JPG
**As with any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes**

Edit;
Before using the file there is a slight edit you'll need to after importing it into your Bet Angel.
On the Stored value tab of the VWAP rule, it currently rounds the VWAP to the nearest whole number, this should be set as 'Round to nearest valid price' as shown in the screenshot below

VWAP.JPG

Downloading and Importing the Files
To use the file just click on the Green Up at VWAP.baf' link below and that will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the pick list area just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Tip

If you would like to display the VWAP as a marker on your ladder screen as seen in the image in the post above open your ladder settings editor by clicking the ‘Spanner’ icon then click the ‘Markers’ tab and enter the information shown in the screenshot below
Marker Settings.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
agog

Hi Dallas. I've amended this rule file by removing the green up step to simply display the VWAP on my ladders. This has worked but the VWAP is only moving occasionally and in big steps and on some selections is completely outside of the traded range - which obviously can't be correct. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?
agog

Think I've sorted ot thanks.
adryan87

When is the bet placed? How much before the start of the race?
Dallas

adryan87 wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:19 am
When is the bet placed? How much before the start of the race?
Whenever you choose to place it

This example is only to trigger a green up or stop loss bet when the price reaches the VWAP
adryan87

I thought to do manually, that's why i asked..
elbowmiss

adryan87 wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:19 pm
I thought to do manually, that's why i asked.. doodle cricket
Isn't there a more convenient and time-saving way?

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”