Help-L2B bot not cutting loss

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
sgeorgepa62

Good day all, i have been ripping my hair out with this bot and the way i want it to cut losses, i have tried trailing stops and stops i have tried close all trade conditions but no matter what i do the occasional horse that i have laid will go on and win and loss all the stake where as i just want it to take a 50% loss, i have included the bot here for all to look at and this really is my first try at putting a few things together so will be keen to understand what people think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gazuty

If in play and the horse is going on to win then you are possibly just not getting matched because the price is running away from you too quickly.
sgeorgepa62

gazuty wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:57 am
If in play and the horse is going on to win then you are possibly just not getting matched because the price is running away from you too quickly.
Cheers for the reply, so maybe put the rule in for not in play? its mad because the signal value is all there and tells me the 50% odds for a loss but never closes the trade and like i said yesterday i had two horses that went on to win and took a big part of my funds with it.
Archery1969

A stop loss in play rarely works properly, especially in fast moving markets.
whimsies

How I do it in play is a bit crude, when the stop loss price is hit (LTP) using stored value I fire in an amount at 1.01 that guarantees I get matched but not very accurate but does stop a complete wipe out.
Anbell

sgeorgepa62 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:17 am
Good day all, i have been ripping my hair out with this bot and the way i want it to cut losses, i have tried trailing stops and stops i have tried close all trade conditions but no matter what i do the occasional horse that i have laid will go on and win and loss all the stake where as i just want it to take a 50% loss, i have included the bot here for all to look at and this really is my first try at putting a few things together so will be keen to understand what people think.
I presume that you're aware that there is a 1-second delay for IP bets, so that's a big hurdle to always getting matched.
sgeorgepa62

whimsies wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:16 pm
How I do it in play is a bit crude, when the stop loss price is hit (LTP) using stored value I fire in an amount at 1.01 that guarantees I get matched but not very accurate but does stop a complete wipe out.
Thanks for the reply there, so once the stored value is hit you then put a back order in at fixed odds of 1.01, so do you look try and level out loss or just a nominal amount to ensure not all stake has been lost? its really annoying the only other thing i was thinking was to lower the green % and take like a 1-2 tick trade each time if it means the orders get matched better.
n1jaq

whimsies wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:16 pm
[hi how would i write this condition into the bot?]

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”