Back & Lay the Biggest Pre-Off Movers - Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule for pre-off racing markets.

It will monitor all the runners from 20mins before the start and with 29secs to go till post will place a back bet of £10 at the best price on the runner that's been back in (steamed) the most, and place a lay bet for a £10 liability at the best price on the runner that has drifted the furthest.

The main purpose of this example is to show the setting up required to back/lay the biggest movers, so once those bets trigger nothing more will happen, its up to you if you want you want to do with it ie, add a green up rule, turn it into a B2L or aL2B or do some scalping etc etc

How it works and using the Rules File
Once you have it imported into your Guardian you can edit those (or any other parts of the file) anyway you want or remove them and add your own rules to use the recent form very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

Please refer to the 'Note' tab for a more detailed explanation on how each rule works and how it may be connected/linked to other rules within the file
Notes.JPG

Downloading and Importing the Files
To use the file just click on the 'Bet on Biggest Mover.baf' link below and that will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the pick list area just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
teambulldog

Thanks Dallas 👍👍
thebfb

Hi Dallas - when I try and import this I get the error; it was created with a different version of Bet Angel and is not campatible
Dallas

thebfb wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:43 pm
Hi Dallas - when I try and import this I get the error; it was created with a different version of Bet Angel and is not campatible
You'll need to be using the latest version V1.57 to import and use it
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=24292
Mayur1

Hi All,

Thank you very much for this file. I am new to automation but have experience in match betting.

I have been playing with this file and i was wondering if you help with the below:

I am struggling to get the green element of this bet to work. Basically i want it to back the biggest steamer and then lay him either for a profit of 2 or loss of 2 30 secs before the off. The back element is spot on and it places the back bet but the green element does not work. I have tried adding in conditions to the back bet of "green all profit condition" but it doesnt green. Any ideas?
Dallas

Mayur1 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:24 pm
Hi All,

Thank you very much for this file. I am new to automation but have experience in match betting.

I have been playing with this file and i was wondering if you help with the below:

I am struggling to get the green element of this bet to work. Basically i want it to back the biggest steamer and then lay him either for a profit of 2 or loss of 2 30 secs before the off. The back element is spot on and it places the back bet but the green element does not work. I have tried adding in conditions to the back bet of "green all profit condition" but it doesnt green. Any ideas?
Sounds like you may be adding both the profit and loss conditions to the same rule, which wouldn't trigger as both can't be true at the same time

Instead what you'll need is to do is nest the conditions in a Group, so start by selecting 'Start a new Group' (from the top of the conditions list), then choose the option of 'One or more of the conditions must be true'
Then add your two green up rules
Finally add a 'End Group of Condition'
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/gro ... tions.html

You might also want a third green up rule to trigger near the off if neither of those have triggered ie, your P/L is still hovering between £1.99 and -£1.99

This third green up rule needs to be outside the group of conditions you've just added and also to ensure both don't trigger together consider arming the group green up rules till something like 10secs before the start
Then arm this third green up rule something along the lines of 5 secs before the start till 10 secs after the start

That should do it
Mayur1

Ok, i will give this a try. Can you please tell me what i should set the rule type to on my green rule?

Basically i have configured rule type "green all selection" and i have sent selection condition to rank 1 in custom ranking 1. Then i have added paramter as current market price and the group condition as per your note which says green all profit <1.99 and >-1.99.

Does this sound right?

I am running to see how it goes.

Cheers
Dallas

Mayur1 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:31 pm
Ok, i will give this a try. Can you please tell me what i should set the rule type to on my green rule?

Basically i have configured rule type "green all selection" and i have sent selection condition to rank 1 in custom ranking 1. Then i have added paramter as current market price and the group condition as per your note which says green all profit <1.99 and >-1.99.

Does this sound right?

I am running to see how it goes.

Cheers
When using the 'Green all Selections' rule type the applies to part is only applicable to the conditions used,
But incase the biggest mover (that you backed) is no longer the biggest mover if it goes against you and into a loss and therefore may not be rank 1 in custom rankings 1 anymore,
I'd suggest applying the green all selections rule to ANY selection
Mayur1

Thats great advise..thank you.

Sorry to keep coming back to you. I am trying to change the above so the rule only identifies the biggest steamer with minimum odds of 13 and max odds of 34. I have therefore added a fixed odds condition to store ip% value@20mins rule, in the hope that it will only look horses between those odds. However, it still seems to go ahead and place my back bet on 2nd or 3rd fav for example. Any suggestions on where i am going wrong?

Cheers
Dallas

Mayur1 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:23 pm
Thats great advise..thank you.

Sorry to keep coming back to you. I am trying to change the above so the rule only identifies the biggest steamer with minimum odds of 13 and max odds of 34. I have therefore added a fixed odds condition to store ip% value@20mins rule, in the hope that it will only look horses between those odds. However, it still seems to go ahead and place my back bet on 2nd or 3rd fav for example. Any suggestions on where i am going wrong?

Cheers
You'll need 2 x fixed odds conditions to create a price range, both these need to be applied to the first rule 'Store IP% value at 20mins'

Also that rule is currently armed from 20mins till the off so if you add a market to Guardian with less than 20mins to go it will still work on it
If you change the arming of that rule to something like 20mins to 19mins 50secs
That will only allow it to trigger on the selections within those price for those 10 secs
Mayur1

Hi Dallas

Thank you very much for this. I have been giving this a go with some parameters, however i am finding that the bot is backing horses at odds over of my specified parameters.

All i have done is modified the Store IP value rule by adding in Group Condition (one or more must be true) and condition type of fixed odds condition with current selection and selection back price is greater than 13 but less than 30. I have also added in an additional condition where the number of selection is greater than 11 as i only want to target races with 11 or more runners.

Doesnt seem to give me intended results. Thoughts?
Dallas

To target runners in a range you don't need to use group, your group is currently testing for one or more of them to be true
You want both prices to be satisfied therefore just remove the group and leave the 2 x fixed odds cond and number of selection cond
Mayur1

I have changed this as per your suggestion it still backs a horse at over 30 and in races less than the number of selection i have entered as conditions. Not sure where its failing..

When i look at the automation tab, i can see all rules getting triggered apart from the first one, which is the store IP value rule (the most important one). So for some reason the parameters in 1st rule are not getting triggered. The rest is all good.
Dallas

Mayur1 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:59 pm
I have changed this as per your suggestion it still backs a horse at over 30 and in races less than the number of selection i have entered as conditions. Not sure where its failing..

When i look at the automation tab, i can see all rules getting triggered apart from the first one, which is the store IP value rule (the most important one). So for some reason the parameters in 1st rule are not getting triggered. The rest is all good.
At the bottom of the SV tab there's a box you can tick which will write each of the SV's to the log, if you tick those it's will at least show which runners where is the price range at the time and therefore which it can trigger on
Mayur1

Hi,

So its worked majority of the time but sometimes i get the below in the log:

08/11/2021 16:24:40: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
08/11/2021 16:24:48: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
08/11/2021 16:54:31: [G_Auto 1] : Unable to : Store Value (Shared) for Euraquilo: closing_IP. Second value invalid.
08/11/2021 16:54:31: [G_Auto 1] : Unable to : Store Value (Shared) for The Menstone Gem: closing_IP. Second value invalid.
08/11/2021 16:54:31: [G_Auto 1] : Unable to : Store Value (Shared) for Atrium: closing_IP. Second value invalid.
08/11/2021 16:54:31: [G_Auto 1] : Unable to : Store Value (Shared) for Lawful Command: closing_IP. Second value invalid.
08/11/2021 16:54:31: [G_Auto 1] : Unable to : Store Value (Shared) for Master Richard: closing_IP. Second value invalid.
08/11/2021 16:54:31: [G_Auto 1] : Unable to : Store Value (Shared) for Skittlebombz: closing_IP. Second value invalid.
08/11/2021 16:54:31: [G_Auto 1] : Unable to : Store Value (Shared) for Flippin Eck: closing_IP. Second value invalid.
08/11/2021 16:54:43: [G_Auto 1] : £ 5.00 Lay bet placed on Euraquilo at 3.6. Fully matched at 3.6. Ref: 10042
08/11/2021 16:54:43: [G_Auto 1] : Automation Signal for Euraquilo: Greened_Bets = 0
08/11/2021 16:55:56: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended
08/11/2021 16:56:02: Guardian has detected that the market is in-play
08/11/2021 16:56:08: Guardian has detected that the market is now unsuspended
08/11/2021 16:57:27: Guardian has detected that the market is suspended

So its bet on Euraquilo just because its rank 1 as due to invalid value it couldnt compile the correct list. Strange!

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”