Trade the Fav if 3 Consecutive Favourites have Won - Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule for pre-off and In-Running racing markets.

The purpose of the bot is to check the previous results and IF the previous three favs to run today have won it will trigger a bet on the next Fav, if two favs in a row win followed by a non-fav winner, the count is reset - the trade will only be triggered if there have been three consecutive fav winners.

In this example I've armed the rule to trigger between 5 mins to post and 30secs the official Start time, When it triggers it will place a £10 back back on the Fav, it will then green up 5 secs before the official start time - which of course you can change these parts to do anything you want

How it works and using the Rules File
Once you have it imported into your Guardian you can edit those (or any other parts of the file) anyway you want or remove them and add your own rules to use the recent form very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

Please refer to the 'Note' tab for a more detailed explanation on how each rule works and how it may be connected/linked to other rules within the file
Notes.JPG

Requirement
Before using this file you will need to change the 'Fav Sort Order' which Bet Angel located on the 'Automation' tab in your main settings area to sort by 'Actual SP' (full details on why this is required are explained in the rule notes)
Fav Order.JPG

Downloading and Importing the Files
To use the file just click on the 'Back Fav After Three Consecutive Favourite Winners.baf' link below and that will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the pick list area just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.
Back Fav after Three Consecutive Fav Winners.baf
Guardian Import.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ubfxu

Which Version of Bet Angel do we need to import this Rules File?
Ver 1.58.0 can't import it.
Dallas

ubfxu wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:56 pm
Which Version of Bet Angel do we need to import this Rules File?
Ver 1.58.0 can't import it.
You'll need to be using the latest V1.59 released earlier this week
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=25251
ShaunWhite

I know these are just examples, but this one ought to carry a health warning.
Sree178

Hi Dallas,

May I know if any race is delayed when compared to start of the day, does it create any issues with the counting?

and the bot aligns with the changes in the market timings and order?

----------------

Also, when I lay after 3 wins, Can I keep increasing the stakes on 1st Fav bets until I have a win / or it hits a max target stake?

Thanks.
Dallas

Sree178 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:56 am
Hi Dallas,

May I know if any race is delayed when compared to start of the day, does it create any issues with the counting?

and the bot aligns with the changes in the market timings and order?

----------------

Also, when I lay after 3 wins, Can I keep increasing the stakes on 1st Fav bets until I have a win / or it hits a max target stake?

Thanks.
It will test the previous three results as Betfair publishes them, irrespective of what time the race was meant to start.

You could increase the stakes following a loss but I'd strongly advise against doing anything like this.
There is a whole section on the forum full of posts where people have asked about using loss recovery systems, its well worth a read of the replies/warnings given by experienced traders
viewforum.php?f=77
TopDawgYo

Hey @Dallas... first time poster so apologies if I have got the concept wrong on this one...

Can this be modified to look for a specific character or string of characters in a runner's name? Perhaps good example is at Devonport in AUS; there multiple runners with Gee Gee as part of their name... could this be modified to account for that rather than the favourite?

Thanks for your help
Dallas

TopDawgYo wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:07 am
Hey @Dallas... first time poster so apologies if I have got the concept wrong on this one...

Can this be modified to look for a specific character or string of characters in a runner's name? Perhaps good example is at Devonport in AUS; there multiple runners with Gee Gee as part of their name... could this be modified to account for that rather than the favourite?

Thanks for your help
This particular example looks to trigger a bet/trade if the previous three races were won by the fav, it doesn't look at the names of the runners
However you can trigger a rule using a selections or jockeys name etc by using a 'Text Comparison' condition

There are a few examples in the in-running section along these lines including the two below that are probably much closer to what it is you want to do
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=24310
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=24416
The Silk Run

This rule will also work in the Greyhound markets with the last trap to win. Which happens regularly. But the market needs to be settled to progress.
TopDawgYo

thanks @Dallas and and @TheSilkRun... appreciate the feedback; if any follow up, will come back with more questions
Blackpowder64

Hi new to betting angel .. i have loaded this automation file and cant get it to work?. it works sometimes on the horses. but i have not been able to get it to work on the greyhounds.I edited the file so that it would trigger after 1 winning Fav.i assume the back fav rule which was set to 3 i changed that to 1 so hopefully trigger after 1 winning Fav.So i dont have to wait for 3 winning Favs.
Can anyone help?
Dallas

Blackpowder64 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:57 am
Hi new to betting angel .. i have loaded this automation file and cant get it to work?. it works sometimes on the horses. but i have not been able to get it to work on the greyhounds.I edited the file so that it would trigger after 1 winning Fav.i assume the back fav rule which was set to 3 i changed that to 1 so hopefully trigger after 1 winning Fav.So i dont have to wait for 3 winning Favs.
Can anyone help?
If you mean the Stored Value condition on the Fav from 3 to 1 yes that is correct

The Rank SP rule will also need editing for use on Greyhounds as that currently triggers in-play and greyhounds don't go in-play
Instead you'll need to change the arm time and tick the 'allow trigger when market is suspended' box on the general tab'
and on the conditions tab change add a 'Market Status' condition to test the market is suspended
Blackpowder64

Thanks for your help i applied the rule changes and it now triggers when a Fav wins :D
.But if i select multiple markets as today i selected Newcastle ,Towcester,Doncaster .It triggers if any Fav wins?..So the Newcastle Fav won it triggered a bet but it was for another meeting Towcester?..Is there a way of making it only select one meeting.
Dallas

Blackpowder64 wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:28 pm
Thanks for your help i applied the rule changes and it now triggers when a Fav wins :D
.But if i select multiple markets as today i selected Newcastle ,Towcester,Doncaster .It triggers if any Fav wins?..So the Newcastle Fav won it triggered a bet but it was for another meeting Towcester?..Is there a way of making it only select one meeting.
Yes, you could do that but i'd need to have BA open in front of me to go through the rules fully to check exactly what changes would need to be made

But basically you'd also need to Storing a text Value of the venue and appending the existing stored value to it

Then on your back/lay rule also use a 'Text Comparison' to test the market name contains that stored value

You'll also need to edit all the reset rules to include the new stored value you've just created
Blackpowder64

Thanks for your assistance ..is it possible for you to give an example of how i could add a venue-specific text?.I understand the idea but i cant figure out how to add say Doncaster Market.

But basically you'd also need to Storing a text Value of the venue and appending the existing stored value to it . i am baffled sounds simple but cannot work it out.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - Pre off”