Horse form data?

Pogba

Hi guys,

I'm looking at building a spreadsheet that I can use to create a simple report to decide on pre-race scalping ideas in the daily horse racing markets.

Does anyone know if there's a way to pull in the horses' form data from BetAngel or another feed into excel - just simple stuff like latest race form, last ran, jockey, trainer etc. Basically the information you see on the tool tip when hovering over the horse in guardian or inplay trader?

Many thanks
Geordie

Pogba wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:31 pm
Hi guys,

I'm looking at building a spreadsheet that I can use to create a simple report to decide on pre-race scalping ideas in the daily horse racing markets.

Does anyone know if there's a way to pull in the horses' form data from BetAngel or another feed into excel - just simple stuff like latest race form, last ran, jockey, trainer etc. Basically the information you see on the tool tip when hovering over the horse in guardian or inplay trader?

Many thanks
I use Horseracebase.com - lots of downloads/reports there.
nigelk

Made a scraper with excel a while ago that pulls in data from Sky Racing website.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pogba

nigelk wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:04 am
Made a scraper with excel a while ago that pulls in data from Sky Racing website.
Thanks for the replies.

Nigel, your spreadsheet looks exactly the kind of thing I'm after. I downloaded the file (I'm using windows) and opened the spreadsheet and it just shows the static data.

I just wondered what needs to be done in order to dynamically pull through the latest data into the spreadsheet? Any assistance on this would be fantastic.

Best regards
nigelk

Depends on what you are after, when you say the latest data do you mean last 3 runs, all runs?

You could summarise the data to get what you are after if you are ok with excel
Tequila

Hi! This is exactly what I am looking for. I have checked you spreadsheet, but not sure now how to get the data from sky? could you indicate it please?.
nigelk

It's only a sample so won't do anything. If you want a working copy of the webscraper, you can pm me, it's only £10.

Attached output for tomorrows runners.

Cheers,Nigel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beermonsterman

Hi i would like to get my hands on a spreadsheet that will load up early morning race cards for the day so i can do my point scoring analysis for my days trades.
If anyone can assist me i dont mind parting with cash for your time ?
I need an excel program that will load up the days races from Racing Post showing
last time out form
comments
date last run
tips amount percentage
jockey
trainer
verdict
CD
you get the point
If anyone can help me with this i would be most grateful as it will save me a heap of time lazy some might say but at least i can transfer the data too keep a record too.
Thanks Nick
Dallas

beermonsterman wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:17 am
Hi i would like to get my hands on a spreadsheet that will load up early morning race cards for the day so i can do my point scoring analysis for my days trades.
If anyone can assist me i dont mind parting with cash for your time ?
I need an excel program that will load up the days races from Racing Post showing
last time out form
comments
date last run
tips amount percentage
jockey
trainer
verdict
CD
you get the point
If anyone can help me with this i would be most grateful as it will save me a heap of time lazy some might say but at least i can transfer the data too keep a record too.
Thanks Nick
Have you looked at this
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=15864

If that's not what your looking for f you drop the author Nigelk a PM he should be able to help
Lordswood77

nigelk wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:36 pm
Depends on what you are after, when you say the latest data do you mean last 3 runs, all runs?

You could summarise the data to get what you are after if you are ok with excel
Hi Nigelk,

Is it possible to scrape the whole racecard from Sky sports? The data I use is

class of race, form figures, horse name, weight and class of last race. I use the data to allocate specific points to this data with the intention of narrowing the field, if the data could be downloaded and then points allocated automatically then this would save me a lot of time.

as an example if the horse is stepping up in trip then I'd allocate 3 points, same class 2 points and down in class 1 point.

Sadly I'm useless with Excel
WigWamBam

Did anybody have any luck with this?
Lordswood77

Sadly I’m still doing mine manually.

Would love to automate it
Eyesnack

PM me I might be able to help

Return to “Betfair Data”