Betfair Price Files Download Manager

paspuggie48

Great stuff Paul !

Not sure why but the original tool stopped working for me some time back but for some reason yours works :)

I've added 'Place' options too, if it helps?

It seemed to test OK for me.

Download BF Files.xls
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stefanae

1 more thing to implement, after downloaded files I can't download in the same period "same files", even I deleted from pc
zippus

Bit of a long shot. Does anyone happen to have the Betfair csv file for the U.K. horse racing win market for 18/10/2018 (so for races run on 17/10/2018) please?

The version on the BF website has the RSA results showing. I’ve contacted BF but they haven’t updated yet. Failing this, I can use the place market but don’t have the BSPs, so if anyone has these instead, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Btw - this download tool is excellent. Great job.
MemphisFlash

i have it but it's on a hard drive i am having trouble with at the min. if i get my drive working i'll post a link to it
zippus

Thanks MemphisFlash. Much appreciated.
firlandsfarm

paspuggie48 wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:52 am
Great stuff Paul !

Not sure why but the original tool stopped working for me some time back but for some reason yours works :)

Download BF Files.xls
Hey Paul, I wanted to download a new category of prices but I seemed to remember there had been some changes since I last used the Nigel's file so before doing so I thought I would search the subject and found your file. It's brilliant, well done and thank you. I simplifies and targets the needed downloads in a way I kept telling myself I should do but not being a natural VBAer I have to research each word of code before using it!

Just one question if I may. When Bf get round to correcting an error in their download they just change the file with no notification or warning as far as I can see. Does your download just look to see if the file exists in the download folder by name before skipping to the next file or does it check the date of the Bf file with the date of the downloaded file in the folder?

Again, thanks a million for sharing the file ... great work.
ODPaul82

firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:31 am
paspuggie48 wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:52 am
Great stuff Paul !

Download BF Files.xls
Hey Paul, I wanted to download a new category of prices but I seemed to remember there had been some changes since I last used the Nigel's file so before doing so I thought I would search the subject and found your file. It's brilliant, well done and thank you. I simplifies and targets the needed downloads in a way I kept telling myself I should do but not being a natural VBAer I have to research each word of code before using it!

Just one question if I may. When Bf get round to correcting an error in their download they just change the file with no notification or warning as far as I can see. Does your download just look to see if the file exists in the download folder by name before skipping to the next file or does it check the date of the Bf file with the date of the downloaded file in the folder?

Again, thanks a million for sharing the file ... great work.
Hey, it purely attempts to download the file based on the given date, no check to see whether it exists or not already locally so if you put in a date range that you've loaded in previously then it will just overwrite the original file.
DrG

Hi

Really cool to be able to download horse racing data.

Is there any way to get pre off prices at minute intervals?

Thank you for sharing,
DrG
Dallas

DrG wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:02 pm
Hi

Thank you for sharing,
DrG
You can download it from here but its not as easy and straight forward to work with
https://historicdata.betfair.com/#/home
arch4672

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:12 pm
DrG wrote:
Hi

Thank you for sharing,
DrG
You can download it from here but its not as easy and straight forward to work with
For that data there's a tool you can use to convert it to a csv file (created by Liam): https://www.betfairhistoricdata.co.uk/
DrG

The data from BF is in a .tar file and the converter doesn’t recognise it.

All suggestions welcome

Thanks Dallas & Arch & Liam!
arch4672

DrG wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:01 pm
The data from BF is in a .tar file and the converter doesn’t recognise it.

All suggestions welcome

Thanks Dallas & Arch & Liam!
You have to untar the file yourself first (using something like winzip or 7zip) and then you'll see all the .bz2 files in subdirectories.
DrG

Thank you
gstar1975

arch4672 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:45 pm
Dallas wrote:
DrG wrote:
Hi

Thank you for sharing,
DrG
For that data there's a tool you can use to convert it to a csv file (created by Liam): https://www.betfairhistoricdata.co.uk/
Is there a way to bulk convert these csv files? As it will take a long time to convert individual files for a whole year. 10000 races.
arch4672

gstar1975 wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:54 pm
arch4672 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:45 pm
Dallas wrote:

Is there a way to bulk convert these csv files? As it will take a long time to convert individual files for a whole year. 10000 races.
With the website, I don't think so.

If you want to convert lots of them your best bet is to use python and use the betfairutil library (search for it on github) which has a prices_file_to_csv function.

Return to “Betfair Data”