Football Data (CSV, JSON) - UPDATED 16/08/17

precision33

Hi Adam

I hope you are well.

Just reading about the data set you have and wanted to ask some football statistics if you don't mind.

1. If a goal is scored in the first half between 15-40 minutes, then what is the average time in minutes until the 2nd goal comes. As these can be "never" if it stays at 0-1 or 1-0 then these "nevers" can be marked as the maximum such as 55 minutes to make it simpler.

2. If the score is 0-0 at half time then what is the probability of it being 0-0 at full time?

3. Does the gap between 1st and 2nd goal have a shorter or longer time than the average 1st goal time, which I estimate is 28 mins for UK and 30 mins for Italy and Spain

Thanks in advance

Roger
jimibt

precision33 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:28 pm
Hi Adam

I hope you are well.

Just reading about the data set you have and wanted to ask some football statistics if you don't mind.

1. If a goal is scored in the first half between 15-40 minutes, then what is the average time in minutes until the 2nd goal comes. As these can be "never" if it stays at 0-1 or 1-0 then these "nevers" can be marked as the maximum such as 55 minutes to make it simpler.

2. If the score is 0-0 at half time then what is the probability of it being 0-0 at full time?

3. Does the gap between 1st and 2nd goal have a shorter or longer time than the average 1st goal time, which I estimate is 28 mins for UK and 30 mins for Italy and Spain

Thanks in advance

Roger
Hi Roger - Alas, it looks like Adam was last active a few years back on the forum (Last active:Wed Oct 09, 2019 09:38).

However, not all doom 'n gloom. there are a few links on the forum to the sofascore api which should hopefully address these questions and allow you to run your strategies with that intel. from memory, user -> sniffer66 did a very neat piece of work on this not too long ago.

hopefully, he (sniffer66) will see this and give you a further heads-up..
Vladimir CC

Hi. Since I gave up bf trading 1y & half ago realizing I'm better off just programming, I tought that maybe you'll be interested in some data that I've scraped and never managed to take advantage of.

Content of a dataset is as follows:

*Where ET is played, FT data also agregate ET
General Data
[Home/Away]Team
Date
Round
Odds [Home/Draw/Away/O25/U25] - bookmakers' average odds at the start of the game
[Home/Away] XG - expected goals, reverse engineered from average odds. Because odds never add up to exactly 100%, there are small discrepancies between actual odds and odds recalculated using resulted XGs, but shouldn't be an impediment.
[Home/Away] Goals [_FT/_Half1/_Half2/_ET] - Goals scored

Stats: Where possible
[Home/Away] Possession [_FT/_Half1/_Half2/_ET]
[Home/Away] TotalShots [_FT/_Half1/_Half2/_ET]
[Home/Away] ShotsOnGoal [_FT/_Half1/_Half2/_ET] - shots that hit the post&woodwork don't count as being on goal
[Home/Away] CornerKicks [_FT/_Half1/_Half2/_ET]
[Home/Away] Offsides [_FT/_Half1/_Half2/_ET]
[Home/Away] YellowCards [_FT/_Half1/_Half2/_ET] - does not count yellow cards shown after final whistle and yellow cards shown to bench(staff&subs alike). 2nd yellow cards count towards both yellow and red card stats.
[Home/Away] RedCards [_FT/_Half1/_Half2/_ET] - does not count red cards shown after final whistle and yellow cards shown to bench(staff&subs alike). 2nd yellow cards count towards both yellow and red card stats.
[Home/Away] TotalPasses [_FT/_Half1/_Half2/_ET]
[Home/Away] CompletedPasses [_FT/_Half1/_Half2/_ET]
[Home/Away] DangerousAttacks [_FT/_Half1/_Half2/_ET]

PlayingTime:
InjuryTime [_Half1/_Half2/_Half1_ET/_Half2_ET] - injury time for each period. The actual added time of play, at which the referee blew his whistle; not the added time shown by the 4th official.

GameEvents:
[Half1_/Hal2_/Half1_ET_/Half2_ET_] _Event_ [#] _Type - event type that happened in that period. EX:the 3rd event that happened in the 2nd period of ET is stored in Half2_ET_Event_3_Type. Event types recorded: GOAL, GOAL_PEN, PEN_MISSED, YELLOW, YELLOW_2ND, RED, SUB, CORNER
[Half1_/Hal2_/Half1_ET_/Half2_ET_] _Event_ [#] _Minute - minute at which the event happened. If it happened during injury time, the minute stored takes into account injury time. EX: an event happening in the 2nd minute of added time in the 1st half, the minute at which it happened will apear as 47(not 45, not 45+).
[Half1_/Hal2_/Half1_ET_/Half2_ET_] _Event_ [#] _Team - Which team is the event assigned to. Takes 2 values: H(Home) & A(Away)

2 or more game events that happen during the same minute are not guaranteed to be (and most of the time they're not) sorted in chronological order. Will try and work on that on future data sets.

After scraping I did put a fair amount of effort in processing, cleaning & validating the raw data, so that the final output is in a structured manner with valid data. But it is not guaranteed to be a perfect process, so might be very rarely, unintentional slipups here&there.

Available datasets(1season / dataset):
ChampLeague- 4 seasons: 18/19 -> 21/22
PremLeague - 4 seasons: 18/19 -> 21/22
LaLiga - 4 seasons: 18/19 -> 21/22
Bundesliga - 4 seasons: 18/19 -> 21/22
Ligue1 - 4 seasons: 18/19 -> 21/22
SerieA - 4 seasons: 18/19 -> 21/22
FIFA WC- 2 tournaments: 18, 22
EURO - 1 tournament: 20

All sets have a price of 8e / dataset. DM me if you're interested.

I've attached the dataset from EURO16 to check it out.
Euro2016.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Vladimir CC on Tue May 23, 2023 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

Thanks for sharing.

Do you have the same data for domestic football leagues?
Vladimir CC

I have the same data for the domestic football leagues listed above.
Euler

Vladimir CC wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 10:56 am
I have the same data for the domestic football leagues listed above.
Sorry I see, didn't read.
britguy

I know I am several months late to answer Roger's stats questions but it was an interesting little challenge to see how long it would take me to extract that info from my data.

I tweaked Q1 a bit, as I thought it was better just to note how many games didnt get a 2nd goal and then just ignore those games from calculating the 2nd goal avg time

For this season Premier league

Total Game Count = 368
0-0 at half time game count = 96. 0-0 at full time game count = 23
0-0 half time count % = 26.1% 0-0 full time game count % = 6.3%

Probability of game that was 0-0 at HT being 0-0 at FT = 24.0%

There are 145 games(39.4%) where a goal comes between 15 to 40 mins, average goal time= 26 mins

A 2nd goal was scored in 121 games(83.4%) average goal time for 2nd goal = 51 mins

Average minutes delta between goal 1 and goal 2 in the 121 games is 25 mins

If we ignore the 15-40 mins criteria, there were 345(93.8%) scoring games, average first goal time= 27 mins

In summary, the average first to 2nd goal times are very evenly spaced.
FlashPlayer13

Hi,

I am interested in costs sharing for football betfair data.
Need all available historical data from ADVANCED (or PRO) plan.
So if you already bought such data or ready too - let me know.
pm me here

Also wondering - is there any data source of betfair historical data where I can get matched volume on match start (not total or finish)?

Return to “Betfair Data”