Betfair Price Files Download Manager

spreadbetting

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:38 pm
But what’s the point of the spreadsheet that’s been posted. I run the initial setup, enter the year I want and then click the button. It then starts counting down from 335 to zero. But where do I enter where the files should go as that video doesn’t explain that part ?
It seems the program doesn't create the folders so you'd have to make those yourself before downloading. So if you wanted to download UK Win you'd need there to be a folder already on your C:\ hard drive named "C:\UK Win" if you were downloading Greyhound Win files you'd need a folder called "C:\Greyhound Win" already on the PC and so on.

If you're ok with VBA you can amend the directories by tweaking the UpdateFiles() sub routine or amending the DestinationFolder within the coding
Atho55

You will need to create folders directly on the C: Drive with names that are the same as the titles on the Spreadsheet

Like this...
C Drive Folder Names.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Archery1969

Atho55 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:53 pm
You will need to create folders directly on the C: Drive with names that are the same as the titles on the Spreadsheet

Like this...

C Drive Folder Names.jpg
Awesome. Cheers. :)
Archery1969

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:46 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:38 pm
But what’s the point of the spreadsheet that’s been posted. I run the initial setup, enter the year I want and then click the button. It then starts counting down from 335 to zero. But where do I enter where the files should go as that video doesn’t explain that part ?
It seems the program doesn't create the folders so you'd have to make those yourself before downloading. So if you wanted to download UK Win you'd need there to be a folder already on your C:\ hard drive named "C:\UK Win" if you were downloading Greyhound Win files you'd need a folder called "C:\Greyhound Win" already on the PC and so on.

If you're ok with VBA you can amend the directories by tweaking the UpdateFiles() sub routine or amending the DestinationFolder within the coding
Cheers. :)
firlandsfarm

cemocan70 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:27 am
After i've read firlandsfarm's post and changed the destination folder's name it looks like downloading the files but still getting the same error message, the main problem is the youtube links are not exists anymore so the excel dummies like me having problems.
Maybe it will help if I explain what I did and I apologise to Murdok and other contributors if they have already gone beyond this stage but it may be useful to some. Let me make something clear ... I am not an Excel expert nor a VBA person. I used to do coding when amateurs like me used BASIC language so I do have a rough idea how things work. :)

You need to see the VBA code and can do this by right clicking on any of the worksheet tabs at the bottom of the workbook and selecting "View Code". This opens the VBA editor.

In the left margin of the VBA editor you should see a section "Modules". Click on that and then Module 1 and the code will appear. You will see that the code is broken down in sections headed Sub UKWin() ... Sub UKPlace ... etc. And notice the first line of the code under those headings is the name of the folder where the downloaded files will be stored. Example ...

Sub UKWin()

FolderName = "UK Win"

I use the given folder names for storing the downloaded files but if you want to you can change them within the quotes.

Now scroll down to near the bottom of the code until you see the "Sub DownloadFiles()" ... this is the code instructing the app where to save the files. You will see a line (the 'bold text' is simply to highlight for you the text I changed).

DestinationFolder = "C:\" & FolderName & "\" & DownloadFileName

This is where you can change the destination. For example I changed this to read ...

DestinationFolder = "H:\Documents(H)\Money\Betting\Data\Betfair\Betfair SP's\" & FolderName & "\" & DownloadFileName

So I changed the destination from "C:\" to "b]H:\Documents(H)\Money\Betting\Data\Betfair\Betfair SP's\[/b]" ... you can choose any destination path that suits your folder structure but that destination path and the eventual folder name must already exist before downloading otherwise the files will look as if downloading but just disappear into the ether! :)

I hope this helps you to see how the code works, once you know that, you can customise it for your own purposes but only change things in "quotes" which are assignments of text ... do not change anything outside of "quotes" unless you really know what you are doing because that is the code! :o
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:16 pm
murdok wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:10 pm
try this i changed the url

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6l17qgef8 ... d.rar/file
I've just added this updated version to the bottom of the opening post with a credit to you as the updater
Hi Dallas this is working for up to 2020 but not showing any files to download for 2021.

Does this need updating again?

I have also tried the v7 this didnt work for any of the years but the updated v6 worked well for all upto 2020.
murdok

try downloading files via vps ( ip from uk)
Realrocknrolla

gstar1975 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:24 pm
Dallas wrote:
murdok wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:10 pm
try this i changed the url

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6l17qgef8 ... d.rar/file
I've just added this updated version to the bottom of the opening post with a credit to you as the updater
Hi Dallas this is working for up to 2020 but not showing any files to download for 2021.

I have also tried the v7 this didnt work for any of the years but the updated v6 worked well for all upto 2020.
Change the date to 2021.

Worked for me.
brendan3150

i can't get this to work , i think because i have 64bit excel installed

is there anywhere i could download the last 6 years of horse racing price movements , or would some kind soul link me a google drive download link please

i would be most grateful
gstar1975

gstar1975 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:24 pm
Dallas wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:47 pm

Change the date to 2021.

Worked for me.
I did change the date to 2021, and it didn't work. That's why I'm asking for an updated version.

Date changed to 2021.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ODPaul82

Hi,

I've put together the following that will download BF files for the win markets.
Source code is fully open, use as you so wish.

Literally you choose Yes/No for the markets you want to download, there's a cell in C18 where you can choose the path to save to or use the file picker next to it.
Anbell

ODPaul82 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:55 am
Hi,

I've put together the following that will download BF files for the win markets.

Literally you choose Yes/No for the markets you want to download, there's a cell in C18 where you can choose the path to save to or use the file picker next to it.
amazing. Thank you
gstar1975

ODPaul82 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks Paul Great work!
gstar1975

ODPaul82 wrote:
Hi,

I tried it and chose a different path obviously, and it came up as Download complete but the files didnt appear.
ODPaul82

Can't remember without opening if I added the backslash automatically to the filepath.
If it's missing then add that.

Return to “Betfair Data”