Betfair Price Files Download Manager

AMS01

Hi all, when I try to download to download some data from the U.S. market I get this;

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l8rQv ... 89ZPcn9XTp

Is it because BetFair haven't updated/added the results yet?

Cheers
ShaunWhite

AMS01 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:15 pm
Hi all, when I try to download to download some data from the U.S. market I get this;

Cheers
That's what the message suggests but they'd be able to answer that question definativly rather than speculating if it's that or a software issue.

What do you see when you use a browsers to look in the location the utility is looking at? Are the files listed? And are they listed in the same way as results files you can bulk download with the utility?
AMS01

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:34 pm
AMS01 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 6:15 pm

Cheers
That's what the message suggests but they'd be able to answer that question definativly rather than speculating if it's that or a software issue.

What do you see when you use a browsers to look in the location the utility is looking at? Are the files listed? And are they listed in the same way as results files you can bulk download with the utility?
Hi Shaun, okay so I've managed to find the data from last nights races from the original Betfair site... My Malware doesn't like the spreadsheet I've download, I guess I can whitelist it later though.

However, the information within the Betfair site column IPMIN isn't the same data which shows up in my column "lowest Traded Price" within my Manual Betting screen, will look to resolve this on my other thread "Capturing Race Market Data"... Cheers
Jukebox

AMS01 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:12 pm

However, the information within the Betfair site column IPMIN isn't the same data which shows up in my column "lowest Traded Price" within my Manual Betting screen, will look to resolve this on my other thread "Capturing Race Market Data"... Cheers
Betfair provide a key to their data - alongside IPMIN they say:

"Minimum price placed in-play (only bets of a payout of more than GBP100 included)"

Unless you happen to be collecting only as BF do you will see differences.
AMS01

Jukebox wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:24 pm
AMS01 wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:12 pm

Betfair provide a key to their data - alongside IPMIN they say:

"Minimum price placed in-play (only bets of a payout of more than GBP100 included)"

Unless you happen to be collecting only as BF do you will see differences.
Ah thanks Jukebox, to keep my data congruent I'd like to capture the final inplay "Lowest Traded Price" within Bet Angel.

I've got a separate thread for that... Many thanks for your reply.
ShaunWhite

As Jukebox says....
Plus, how often are you capturing the ltp? Chances are you're missing events that obviously Betfair aren't missing. Remember that in-play there might be several bets within a couple of milliseconds or even within the same millisecond. Even the api doesn't transit every single market change event and its conflated into, if I remember right, packets of data about 17ms apart.

I know a 20ms refresh seems fast, it's roughly the same frequency as 240v mains hum which is crazy compared to computing years ago, but in a market with 1000s of active users it only takes 50 to act in the same second for 20ms to seem like a long time.
AMS01

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:58 pm
As Jukebox says....
Plus, how often are you capturing the ltp? Chances are you're missing events that obviously Betfair aren't missing. Remember that in-play there might be several bets within a couple of milliseconds or even within the same millisecond. Even the api doesn't transit every single market change event and its conflated into, if I remember right, packets of data about 17ms apart.

I know a 20ms refresh seems fast, it's roughly the same frequency as 240v mains hum which is crazy compared to computing years ago, but in a market with 1000s of active users it only takes 50 to act in the same second for 20ms to seem like a long time.
Hi Shaun, On one particular race Betfair were quoting 4.0 as lowest traded price for the horse in second place but Bet Angel showed it under 2.0 and it definitely traded under 2.5
ShaunWhite

What volume was traded at that price? As Jukebox says BF have a minimum to prevent the odd stray penny from distorting the picture.
AMS01

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 10:35 pm
What volume was traded at that price? As Jukebox says BF have a minimum to prevent the odd stray penny from distorting the picture.
Hi Shaun, yeah sure think I understand what you're both saying ie The figures which Bet Angel log are the nearest "Lowest Traded Price" to within £100?
Dallas

If you take your hi/lo prices from BA ie, the market overview, excel, stored values etc they have a spike filter to eliminate prices that only traded at small volume (relative to price).

If you store the value of the back/lay/ltp price at its high and lowest points that will give you the actual price regardless of amount traded (note, if using back/lay prices that will be the high/lowest offered so not necessarily anything matched)
AMS01

Dallas wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 12:02 am
If you take your hi/lo prices from BA ie, the market overview, excel, stored values etc they have a spike filter to eliminate prices that only traded at small volume (relative to price).

If you store the value of the back/lay/ltp price at its high and lowest points that will give you the actual price regardless of amount traded (note, if using back/lay prices that will be the high/lowest offered so not necessarily anything matched)
Hi Dallas, can we continue this conversation in the following thread as it will be more relevant... Cheers

posting.php?mode=reply&f=37&t=20980
asahenettleton

Thank you, Nigel, for your work.

May I ask if those videos are still up somewhere? Youtube tells me that they are unavailable.
lee1578

Hello,

Is there a guide on how to use this please?
Noticed that the youtube videos are no longer available.

Thanks
Bot2020

nigelk wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:35 pm
Finding the files here a pain to sort out exactly what you need? How long does it take to sort out & download 1 years worth of files?

www.betfairpromo.com/betfairsp/prices/

Heres a spreadsheet that does away with all the hard work & eyestrain.

Betfair Price Files v5.7z

Note: Any files created on your C drive must be named the same as shown on the download manager. I've made a you tube video thats gives a quick demonstration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMpchy4 ... e=youtu.be

and also shows you what VBA reference libraries I've got ticked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6rhQ95 ... e=youtu.be

The update button will process any info that is held in the spreadsheet, then looks for any updates for the current year from then on
For example, if you've download 2017 to date, when you run it tomorrow/next week, it will download any updated files. Some files are not listed such as " bfprices_26072008.csv" where there is no indication of win or place or even which country it is

If you look at the UK Win files from 2007, there are only two that we can be sure contain only the win info
Hi Nigel, i've just seen this post now, and ive opened it up on excel, only issue is the video links show unavailable on youtube, the is their any chance of you being able to send the video directly to me on [email protected]. thanks.
abgespaced

I can't get the spreadsheet to open. I get the following errors:
error opening spreadsheet.png
error opening spreadsheet 2.png
error opening spreadsheet 3.png
Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Betfair Data”