Football Data (CSV, JSON) - UPDATED 16/08/17

jonnyg

here is a beautiful example of why you should not focus on starting prices ,

have a look at Man City away when conceding an early goal and also when losing 1-0 HT game state away :idea:
jonnyg

dallas just deleted what were very strong points :idea:
spreadbetting

I'd imagine he was just > cleaning up the thread of > unneccessary > data > :idea: :!: You don't have to post reams of data to get your point across >
weemac

Despite considerable exasperation at jonnyg hijacking every single football thread with his ideology, I do think there is validity to his ideas. This despite the fact that surely if Barcelona play Stenhousemuir and concede within 10 or 20 minutes, I still expect them to win 14-1. Hence starting prices surely do have some bearing on the matter in question.

Anyway, could I respectfully suggest that jonnyg start a new thread which is to be dedicated entirely to this topic, rather than swamping every other thread with what does indeed appear to be a valid argument?
Dallas

jonnyg wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:54 pm
dallas just deleted what were very strong points :idea:
Try the previous page, all your 'points' are still there - only the copy and pasted blog posts have gone

As everyone keeps pointing out to you or reporting directly no one wants to see every thread clogged with material copy and pasted from your blog. Share your view but respect other users and the forum.
jonnyg

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:04 pm
I'd imagine he was just > cleaning up the thread of > unneccessary > data > :idea: :!: You don't have to post reams of data to get your point across >
data without analysis and vice versa is not very stimulating :idea:
jonnyg

bottom line = i am a very strong in play analyst

who on the bet angel forum is providing in play analysis ?
:idea:
spreadbetting

jonnyg wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:22 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:04 pm
data without analysis and vice versa is not very stimulating :idea:
Everyone has the data now so can easily pull it up , Jonny, and i'm not too sure masses of data make your point stimulating. Maybe try and condense it to get your points across at the moment they're just lost in a mass of scores.
jonnyg wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:24 pm

You keep telling us you are but only ever analyse matches that have already finished.
welshboy06

jonnyg wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:24 pm

If you are such an expert, then I assume your bf trading records show this? Are you a full time trader?
Sickmund

It's nice to share stats, claim to have an edge and say you're a genius. Obviously you want to convince people of your analysis. Why don't you advise realtime bets and keep a log? That would be a lot more convincing compared to repeatibg the same sentences all over again.
rostov

Many thanks to Adam (welshboy 06). Fantastic work, much appreciated.
spreadbetting

I stuck welshboy's data up on a simple website, I'll try and make it a big more searchable when I figure out php7 :(

https://goaltimes.000webhostapp.com/index.php
Dallas

spreadbetting wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:18 pm
I stuck welshboy's data up on a simple website, I'll try and make it a big more searchable when I figure out php7 :(

https://goaltimes.000webhostapp.com/index.php
Nice work Spreadbetting :)
welshboy06

Nice one spreadbetting!

I've done something similar myself, but using an ipython notebook. Was considering making a simple webpage, but you're already on the case :P
spreadbetting

Unfortunately putting it up made me realise why I haven't done any html for ages, just about everythings changed, I've only php 5 something on my pc and everythings moved over to php 7 so most of the code I use on y own snippets are now redundant :) I'll be interested to see if the firstgoal times do have any drastic bearing on the outcome come Saturday.

.000webhost seem to be a decent free source if you want to trial a website especially as you have the scrapping code already in place , welshboy06, mysql , php etc all free as far as I can see for now.

Return to “Betfair Data”