Record Profit and Loss Graph - How to Create a Profit Graph

Dallas

Major Skint wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:58 pm
Hi Dallas,

Many thanks for this sheet, very useful however is it possible to get it to record more than 1 match (tennis) at a time?
I presume it would just need more sheets and then I could use the auto-bind function to connect the matches I had in guardian would that work?

Many thanks for your help

Petar
No, the VBA code would need changing so it would be a question for NigelK to answer if and how best to do it when he gets chance.

Also all thanks for the sheet need to go to NigelK, this is his work - I only done the quick job of writing the opening post
stever78

Hi,
many thanks to nigel for this sheet.

i know this is not a "how to use excel" forum.

if anyone has the time - do you know how to create the actual graph that shows the profit line over time
download/file.php?id=9959&mode=view.
i thought that would be the easy part but i cant seem to do it.
just need to create graph based on green up p/l like the one shown in the original post

many thanks for your help

steve r
Dallas

stever78 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:18 pm
Hi,
many thanks to nigel for this sheet.

i know this is not a "how to use excel" forum.

if anyone has the time - do you know how to create the actual graph that shows the profit line over time
download/file.php?id=9959&mode=view.
i thought that would be the easy part but i cant seem to do it.
just need to create graph based on green up p/l like the one shown in the original post

many thanks for your help

steve r
Cut and paste the times and prices into two columns then click on any cell within that and select;
'Insert' > 'Recommended Charts'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stever78

many thanks for reply dallas,

that makes sense - for excel to get the data to plot the graph
but where do i get that TIME and PRICE data from. nigel's spreadsheet overwrites that existing data every 5 seconds. so i don't quite know how to get that data that you gave in your example.
basically where do i cut from - when you suggested to cut and paste.

many thanks, i sure its easy when u know how - just cant seem to get how nigels spreadsheet plots the data for the graph as i keeps overwriting in each cell.

thanks for your help

steve
Dallas

stever78 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:06 pm

but where do i get that TIME and PRICE data from. nigel's spreadsheet overwrites that existing data every 5 seconds. so i don't quite know how to get that data that you gave in your example.

many thanks, i sure its easy when u know how - just cant seem to get how nigels spreadsheet plots the data for the graph as i keeps overwriting in each cell.

thanks for your help

steve
It collects and writes it exactly like that, as in the image below from a market just now

capture.jpg

It may be that the Excel version you have has a bug that Microsoft brought in last year, I believe its fixed now so updating your excel should resolve it.
If not there are instructions in the following post on how to roll it back to an earlier version (without the bug)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16170&p=149284#p149284
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stever78

dallas,
as said many thanks for you reply - really appreciated.
appreciate your doing something better on a sunday but if you have time at any point :D

i have updated my excel , just bought it actually over last few weeks, dont think thats the problem.

could i please state what i'm doing to see if there is anything wrong

i assign the PLRECORDER file to the excel tab on guardian and open workbook, as normal.

the workbook opens and i get the pl recorder open and working (see attached file). ( i have to attach a macro free file her as the forum cant attach macro enabled ??)

so the file opens and works and shows the exact same sheet as others have mentioned such as 'mega rain' on page 1 of this post.

it is the page that shows all the runners and TIME is in cell C3 and GREEN UP P/L is in cell D10,12,14 ETC

What you state in your reply above is that you have a column that records time in column A and the data in each row and the corresponding P/L in column B and data in each row.

are you pulling that info from nigels plrecorder spreadsheet?

you said that it collects and writes it exactly like that - do you mean thats something you have done in excel to collect the data from nigels plrecorder spreadsheet or are you saying that betangel collects it and it writes that somewhere on the plrecorder spreadsheet when you "openworkbook" if so, that is not happening to mine.

your reply is most appreciated as this is just mindscrewing me as i'm thinking i am not getting something that is prob rather simple.

many thanks in advance

steve r
Dallas

What you see in my screenshot above is how it looks on 'Sheet1'
No changes made, just connect it and it begins capturing the time and P/L in those two columns

I'm not sure how on the one you've attached you've got more or less a copy of the 'Bet Angel' sheet showing on your 'Sheet1' unless something happened when you took the macro out.

I'd suggest deleting the workbook fully then redownloading it again from the OP, then before connecting and using it open it and you should see 'Sheet1' has just the 'Time' in A1 and 'P/L' in B1

If so close it and try opening again and connecting to 1 markets (if doing it in Guardian its the 'Bet Angel' sheet that you would select in the Excel column)
stever78

Many thanks dallas,

i downloaded a new plrecorder file and yes it is there on sheet 1.

dont know what happened on the first attempt as i downloaded it a few times and used copies

thanks for your help
Anbell

Nigel' spreadsheet works well, but it didnt work if you want to keep it running until the start of the event (i,e, beyond the official start time)

Dealing with excel using 'negative' times is a challenge, but I kludged something together a while back.

See attached
gstar1975

Is it worth using for Pre off Horse racing? or does have a better use in Tennis & Football.
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:30 pm
stever78 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:06 pm

thanks for your help

steve
It collects and writes it exactly like that, as in the image below from a market just now

capture.jpg

It may be that the Excel version you have has a bug that Microsoft brought in last year, I believe its fixed now so updating your excel should resolve it.
If not there are instructions in the following post on how to roll it back to an earlier version (without the bug)
https://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopi ... 84#p149284
Is it possible to capture and have in 3 separate columns the Time Price and P/L?
gstar1975

Is it possible to capture more than one market? Would I just need to copy the sheet and make a new sheet for both the data capture and the Betangel sheet?
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:48 pm
Is it possible to capture more than one market? Would I just need to copy the sheet and make a new sheet for both the data capture and the Betangel sheet?
Sorry just spotted these two posts now

Off the top of my head i'm not sure, I'd have to have a look at the sheet and how its created to give you an answer which i'll try and do this week
Brovashift

I just tried this on the Tan v Boulter tennis match with a £1 stake, but it doesn't seem to have worked.

Im still using Office 2007. The file opens ok, but I can see a little "!" on the downloaded file icon, which doesn't that mean its for a different version?

Having said that, after adding to match in Guardian and opening workbook, it was updating the live prices, but not the time and P/L, like in Dallas's screenshot.

Are the default settings on the Bet Angel tab for pre off, and should I have changed them for in-play Start/Stop times?

TIA

ALSO: I notice that my P/L column header changed to the match title displayed in my guardian's first column "Markets" for some reason.
Dallas

Brovashift wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:14 pm
I just tried this on the Tan v Boulter tennis match with a £1 stake, but it doesn't seem to have worked.

Im still using Office 2007. The file opens ok, but I can see a little "!" on the downloaded file icon, which doesn't that mean its for a different version?

Having said that, after adding to match in Guardian and opening workbook, it was updating the live prices, but not the time and P/L, like in Dallas's screenshot.

Are the default settings on the Bet Angel tab for pre off, and should I have changed them for in-play Start/Stop times?

TIA

ALSO: I notice that my P/L column header changed to the match title displayed in my guardian's first column "Markets" for some reason.
Try connecting it via your main screen making sure you set the refresh rate to 1 second
Once the sheet is opened (but before you connect it) change the start time to something like 10000 secs and stop time 0 secs

Return to “Betfair Data”