Record Profit and Loss Graph - How to Create a Profit Graph

gstar1975

I don't think I did. Why?
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:39 pm
I don't think I did. Why?
Because if your main screen was set to anything faster than Guardian it would use that refresh rate
So if you do also have it on your main screen the refresh rate needs to be set to 1 second on there too
Brovashift

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:09 pm
This Profit and Loss capture sheet has been created by NigelK to allow you to capture your P/L at regular intervals during a market.

When connected it will record your P/L (the amount you can green up for) which you can later analyze and plot to a chart. Peter highlighted this as something he does in a number of markets and particularly in tennis markets.
Click the following link to see a video he posted earlier this year where he explains in further detail why he captures this type of information.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eeTY0b ... 43D7D636EB

How to use it

Click the file 'PL Recorder.rar' at the bottom of this post to download it to your PC, then using a program like winzip or winrar unzip the file, it will then be ready to connect to Bet Angel via the 'Excel' tab in the main window or guardian.

To use the capture sheet you must ensure you have your Refresh rate set to 1 second, or if using in guardian ensure the market it is connected to is being refreshed every 1 sec.

Once you open the capture sheet you can set the intervals that it starts recording your P/L.
It can be used on both in-play and pre-play markets, when using on pre-play markets it will start recording at the number of seconds before the start you have entered then stop at the official start time.
When using on in-play markets it will record from when the market is turned in-play until the number of seconds in the start time is reached or the market closes

Example

At the start of an earlier Tennis match I placed a £10 back bet on Del Potro, my P/L (the amount I could green up for) was then captured every 20 seconds throughout the match.
Once finished I could plot that information onto a chart in just a few clicks to clearly see how my position changed throughout the match, how long/often I was in a profit or loss for, what and when the peak P/L were etc, all that allows me to spot were those key points were within the match.

PL Chart Tennis.JPG
Can this reveal anything interesting about in-play racing markets i.e. can it reveal anything about price fluctuations in running, or are price changes always the result of whatever is happening on course and so unlikely to garner ( always thought this was garnish :lol: ) repeatable patterns, like at certian times, distances, furlong poles etc?? Just wondering before I embark on a road to nowhere :D

TIA

Return to “Betfair Data”