Horse Race and Football Data Sources and how to analyse them

Dallas

GM_punk wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:38 pm
Kai wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:46 pm
6 months is not a lot of time really, you would need to compress all of the typical beginner mistakes into that period and instantly learn from them too, not to mention collect a lot of ladder time as well, all the while avoiding any dead ends and bad ideas and usual pitfalls etc.

It's enough time to find an edge but probably not enough to experience firsthand how all of sorts of different cognitive biases affect your decision-making and actively working through that.

If you feel you're a natural it can be done without active mentoring but it's very difficult, the time pressure of 6 months doesn't help either.
Yes Kai ,Agree 100%. ~The Courses I found so far online are not that convincing to be honest, so I feel mentoring would be the best way to go! it's a pity that Peter stopped doing the masterclass. Perhaps Phychoff?? £2,5 k its a bit much for me ATM, also he doesn't do Horses...

I'm just going to keep on grinding every day as many races as I can, Practice mode or min stakes ( prefer min stakes to start getting use to it)
Peter's Masterclasses should be resuming over the winter, if you want to be notified as soon as they do you can sign up on the page below
https://www.betangelacademy.com/
spreadbetting

Betfair reckon they've been investing in their exchange education schemes so maybe they'll start promoting/running courses again soon. They used to be quite active promoting the exchange so this new exchange simulator might be their first step towards their 'learning' hub.
Kai

GM_punk wrote:
Perhaps Phychoff??
To be fair I did have a brief chat with Psychoff about 1on1 mentoring, but he wasn't interested at all and said to be doing just fine on his own!

:mrgreen:
GM_punk

Dallas wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:56 pm
GM_punk wrote:
Kai wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:46 pm
6 months is not a lot of time really, you would need to compress all of the typical beginner mistakes into that period and instantly learn from them too, not to mention collect a lot of ladder time as well, all the while avoiding any dead ends and bad ideas and usual pitfalls etc.

It's enough time to find an edge but probably not enough to experience firsthand how all of sorts of different cognitive biases affect your decision-making and actively working through that.

If you feel you're a natural it can be done without active mentoring but it's very difficult, the time pressure of 6 months doesn't help either.
Yes Kai ,Agree 100%. ~The Courses I found so far online are not that convincing to be honest, so I feel mentoring would be the best way to go! it's a pity that Peter stopped doing the masterclass. Perhaps Phychoff?? £2,5 k its a bit much for me ATM, also he doesn't do Horses...

I'm just going to keep on grinding every day as many races as I can, Practice mode or min stakes ( prefer min stakes to start getting use to it)
Peter's Masterclasses should be resuming over the winter, if you want to be notified as soon as they do you can sign up on the page below
Thank you Dallas, much appreciated
GM_punk

GM_punk wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:19 pm
Dallas wrote:
GM_punk wrote:

Dallas, you meant the newsletter? I've done that
Dallas

GM_punk wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:23 pm
GM_punk wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:19 pm
Dallas wrote:

Dallas, you meant the newsletter? I've done that
Yes, the masterclass dates will be sent out via a newsletter once known

Return to “Betfair Data”