Recording market odds and traded volumes spreadsheet - capturing data

i-XL

Hi all,

After reading the many requests for users wanting some kind of data logging spreadsheet and seeing that no one could come up with one I decided to quickly put one together.

This would be handy for recording a whole day's horse racing data for example.

An example setup:

1. Load up all the horse racing markets into Guardian (make sure no markets clash otherwise only one will be recorded).
2. Set Guardian to auto switch to the next market at 300 seconds. Select the first market and make sure the main Bet Angel app is looking at it.
3. Go to Bet Angel and load the spreadsheet up via the Excel tab and click 'connect'
4. Go to Excel and check the 'Tick to record' check box. This will record data once per second.
5. You can manually record data if you want with the 'Manual' button and clear the data with the 'Clear Data' button.
6. Save the data under a unique name at the end of the day.

Be aware that using your computer for ANYTHING else whilst this sheet is running is not recommended. There will be LOTS of data recorded and I imagine a whole days UK & Irish racing will probably make the average machine fall over and die. I've not tested to this extreme yet. Also, looking at any other sheet other than the 'Data' sheet might cause it to give an error. You'll have to restart Excel or even your machine if this happens.

Post here if you find this is useful or not. No doubt some people will want it quicker/slower/bigger/smaller/record other data/display graphs/autobet/ and so on. So I've left it open source so you can modify and add these things if you wish.

Enjoy.
BetAngel_Record_data.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Exacta

Excellent stuff!
Merry Terry

Thanks for this.
herbie

thanks you've saved me hours..
Could you please point me in the direction regarding changing 1 second to 1 minute or 5 minutes please?

regards
Herbie
exsolister

Thanks. U r my star. Leave it open source saves me a lot of time.

Bet Angel's service worth me paying. :-)
donfede

Good stuff really!

But 1 second interval is a whole lot of data.
How can I switch to 5, 15 or 20 seconds???
thanx
pbigmoon

just what i was looking for can this be used for any market as i usually bet on american sports so i wanna record the odds ect while in play so over time ill be able to see if im better leaving the bets till inplay for higher odds as with basketball odds up and down alot on most games

thanks
i-XL

Someone just nudged me about this. I've updated the sheet so you can specify an interval. Remember to untick 'Record data' before changing the value.

I've not tested with all intervals from 1 second to 5 mins but it should be ok. Post up here if you find any problems or have a go at sorting it yourself. There is nothing hidden.
BetAngel_Record_datav2.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
blueport

i-XL wrote: Also, looking at any other sheet other than the 'Data' sheet might cause it to give an error. You'll have to restart Excel or even your machine if this happens.
BetAngel_Record_data.zip
What would cause the sheet to do this?

I need to be able to look at other sheets while recording data.

When I change tabs the record data sheet goes haywire and starts spitting out row after row of data.

I know support is not offered with this sheet but I thought I would ask anyway.

Cheers,

Simon
Predicton

I can only sit back and applaud you i-XL. I dread to think of the work which has gone into this spreadsheet. Well done

For my part, I am so useless at computing that I can get as far as instruction no 3 in your first e-mail, then the trail peters out.

Cheers, P
Mythos

Do I need to adjust any setting to my excel or use a particular version of excel?

I use the original spreadsheet and when I tick the "tick to record" box it captures data once and then it stops capturing data even though the information is changing above it.

anyone else had a similar problem?
pdupre1961

Hi Mythos,

Yes, you need to change your refresh rate on Guardian to 500ms.

The capture rate on Guardian must be less than on the spreadsheet...

Paul
buyshirts

Is 1 seconds the lowest i can use because im looking at capturing some data in a volatile market and only for a short period so ideally i would like 0.25 of a second?
JayBee66

I have run this spreadsheet as per the instructions but am getting a runtime error.

Run-time error '1004':
Application-defined or object defined error

Any ideas?
TheTub

What did you find out on the net?

A brief search of Google shows this to be a generic error that could be caused by any number of problems.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1S ... error+1004

Return to “Betfair Data”