Account Suspended with large open bet

Hoots1985

I’ve been using Betfair for over ten years with no dodgy activity on my account.

Deposited a large value on Friday and placed a bet on the England vs India match. When I went to close out my position I was informed my account has been suspended for business reasons.

I keep asking customer service to close out my position whilst I’ll try to sort my account to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas on how I should proceed? Would like to get my position closed before play restarts today!
sionascaig

Make sure everything you do / ask betfair is documented, & request an acknowledgment of correspondence.

(in case it gets into legal waters)

They may also have a "managing director" complaints process as part of corporate governance. If the industry I was involved in is anything to go by then I would recommend sending a letter / correspondence specifically entitled "Managing Director Complaint" as they may well have a specific / prioritised way of handling these types of complaint. Certainly when they come back down the chain they tend to be prioritised.
Euler

Check out this thread which has a lot of detail on this sort of issue: -

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14417
Hoots1985

Euler wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:25 am
Check out this thread which has a lot of detail on this sort of issue: -

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14417
BDP have come back with the following and when I contact customer services they say they’re unable to help me. Any ideas what I can do for next steps?

As an update I won the bet in question and they advised they will bank transfer me the funds. I still want to continue using Betfair if possible though:

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

For this type of queries, do kindly contact our Customer Support Team and they will be able to help via: https://support.betfair.com/app/home
Kind Regards,
Euler

I meant to point to this thread originally, some additional discussion in there: -

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22527

Ultimately they should tell you what the issue is. If not escalate it.
firlandsfarm

sionascaig wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:14 am
Make sure everything you do / ask betfair is documented, & request an acknowledgment of correspondence.

(in case it gets into legal waters)

They may also have a "managing director" complaints process as part of corporate governance. If the industry I was involved in is anything to go by then I would recommend sending a letter / correspondence specifically entitled "Managing Director Complaint" as they may well have a specific / prioritised way of handling these types of complaint. Certainly when they come back down the chain they tend to be prioritised.
I refer important complaints to the chairperson. One of the chairperson's responsibilities is the probity of the company whereas the MD/CEO is more focused to the profits! This is the reason why the Stock Exchange disproves of combining the chair and the MD/CEO to one individual.

Good luck. :)

Return to “Betfair Data”