Betfair Directory Data Question

Cadavu

Hi All,

1. My first question would be about the .csv files you can download from promo.betfair.
I would like to analyse the data, but there are numbers, which are way too high for them to be real as betfair only goes up to 1000 BSP or 1.01 the lowest (in case they were somehow sub 1.01 data.):
Anyone knows what those are? Why always in the 40000 range?
Excel usually picks them up as dates, but that is obviosly not the case.

2. Does Betfair selection refer to Betfair favourite selection? Why are there multiple horses for certain races? Does the BSP coloumn refer to them and if yes, how could some of them be over 100 and more?

Thanks!

ps. First time posting here on the forum, but I have learnt many thing from all of you since joining. Thanks for that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Johnedale

The files give data on every runner in a race, but they aren't grouped together by race.

I'm not sure where those big odds are from. When I look at the same file the figures are smaller
833272D1-5507-468C-B4ED-3CBFCC1EBC42.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anbell

Cadavu wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:30 pm
Hi All,

1. My first question would be about the .csv files you can download from promo.betfair.
I would like to analyse the data, but there are numbers, which are way too high for them to be real as betfair only goes up to 1000 BSP or 1.01 the lowest (in case they were somehow sub 1.01 data.):
Anyone knows what those are? Why always in the 40000 range?
Excel usually picks them up as dates, but that is obviosly not the case.

2. Does Betfair selection refer to Betfair favourite selection? Why are there multiple horses for certain races? Does the BSP coloumn refer to them and if yes, how could some of them be over 100 and more?

Thanks!

ps. First time posting here on the forum, but I have learnt many thing from all of you since joining. Thanks for that.
My guess is that you incorrectly used text-to-columns
Cadavu

Yes, it was formatted incorrectly, when imported into excel.
I used a download manager, which scrambled the data, when opened the first time.
Using a few formatting rules, everything fell into place.

Thank you very much for all your help! 8-)

Return to “Betfair Data”