Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

ged1200

I'm done with Betfair. This pretty much happens every week now. Whatever their T & C's say, by holding client's accounts and accepting deposits for the purpose of betting/trading and then failing in the proper facilitation of betting/trading using those deposits, there must be (at the very least), a further or concurrent implied contract under which our rights are protected. They are in breach...
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:21 pm
I'm already finished for the night, tread carefully those continuing - been another mess of a day from BF

BF.JPG
Thanks. I'm in practice mode but thought I was having internet problems as Guardian was struggling to update filters.
Euler

It needs a real big shake up, some pressure to change from somewhere.

But take heart Betdaq will be independent again soon.
Emmson

Euler wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:43 pm
It needs a real big shake up, some pressure to change from somewhere.
Honest Joe?
PDC

Euler wrote:
Shame you didn't buy them or got involved in the buyout :(

From what I understand they are just going back into their prior ownership and therefore I don't really see any hope for optimism on that front.

Also I don't think with the already falling liquidity on Betfair, spreading it ever more thinly is the answer. The idea of exchanges taking over the betting landscape had its chance and that chance has now past. Exchanges, legislation allowing, will be around for a long time yet but they will not achieve what they should have done in the market place. To much time has passed and the other operators have taken that time to adapt their own offerings.

This thread and the themes in it will still be going in another 10 years, people saying we need change, we need to act.

Armin van Buuren put it best when talking about Betfair outages:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfJhMfOPWdE&t=38s
greenmark

PDC wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:39 am
Euler wrote:
Shame you didn't buy them or got involved in the buyout :(

From what I understand they are just going back into their prior ownership and therefore I don't really see any hope for optimism on that front.

Also I don't think with the already falling liquidity on Betfair, spreading it ever more thinly is the answer. The idea of exchanges taking over the betting landscape had its chance and that chance has now past. Exchanges, legislation allowing, will be around for a long time yet but they will not achieve what they should have done in the market place. To much time has passed and the other operators have taken that time to adapt their own offerings.

This thread and the themes in it will still be going in another 10 years, people saying we need change, we need to act.

Armin van Buuren put it best when talking about Betfair outages:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfJhMfOPWdE&t=38s
:lol: nice way of summing it up.
Derek27

My mobile connection's working okay, hence this post, but having difficulty refreshing markets in BA. Anyone else with problems?

Edit: it seems putting my PC in hibernation while BA's open is causing the issue.
gazuty

Is there any prospect Paddy Power would sell the exchange? Should we be trying to put together a consortium?
napshnap

gazuty wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:13 pm
Is there any prospect Paddy Power would sell the exchange? Should we be trying to put together a consortium?
I'm in!
PDC

1315 Navan not put inplay. Race completed and never went inplay. Therefore all bets matched after the race started will be voided, including any take sp bets that were matched.
Euler

Yep, shambles
PDC

1323 went inplay without issue and not noticed anything else with the systems so it looks like they either were still wiping their arse or waiting on the kettle to boil for the 1315. race.

Shall we have a whip round for one of those instant boiling water taps for them?
Euler

None of the earlier markets have been settled for me so far. Anybody else seeing this?
PDC

Euler wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:31 pm
Not of the earlier markets have been settled for me so far. Anybody else seeing this?
1300 - Stewards = Delay
1308 - Settled
1315 - Betfair cock up = Delay
1323 - Settled
1330 - Only just running.
Dim

Hahaha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”