Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

Lutruwita

Yep - same here. Place bet and it magically disappears.
Derek27

I've switched to polling and it seems better.
PDC

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:05 am
I've switched to polling and it seems better.
It is happening on both polling and streaming.

It is happening to both backs and lays.

The API Status page says no issues, but clearly is.
PDC

Issues finally acknowledged by Betfair, over an hour later than they started:

https://twitter.com/Betfair_Aus/status/ ... 0270579718
the4droogs

Hi All,

Just an FYI, there are some API issues on Australian racing that are causing bets to be cancelled and replaced that aren't showing up on the BetAngel matched bets tab in Guardian. I've been talking to Betfair Australia about it and they are looking into the problem. Just a heads up that you may see some strange results from your automation if yo have bots running on Australian racing.
Cards37

Hi - there was discussion of this in the Australian Racing thread as well. A few of us incurred some significant losses as a result. If you got anything further from Betfair in terms of answers/solutions I would be keen to hear it! I have contacted Betfair as well but yet to hear back,
the4droogs

All I have heard from betfair is that they are looking into it. No admission that there was a problem yet. But from speaking to other people who have their own bespoke software the listOrders endpoint was returning incorrect information. It's this method that returns which bets are matched/unmatched etc and I'm told that it was not returning information on bets that had already been place, even though the bet was accepted.

This makes sense in the context of my automation as it relies heavily on checking current matched and unmatched bets to stop further bets going into the market. But with this error it just kept firing bets into the market. Unfortunately most of those bets lost for me so I incurred some fairly significant losses too. The silver lining of the cloud is that it only seemed to affect a few races. For me it was the 13:37 at Morphettville and the 13:53 at Matamata (NZ). Were you affected by these races too or was it other ones?
yhctulC

I noticed this issue had first cropped up much earlier in the day, rather than the aussie racing, this also affected a football market. I'd have to check again to the exact event.

Funnily (or not so) I stopped for a few hours and continued on Aus racing much later in the night/morning and then happened again, couldn't believe my luck... Hope no one suffered too large losses! It's a shame the industry is the opposite to any other in that responsibility isn't a thing. Many would argue that they cannot do anything... I'm sure they can/could...

Betfair issue = traders lose? Doesn't make sense to me!!
Katla

Still a little "sticky" to me and some late reaction from Betangel when bet is matched. Stake dissapear from ladder but some times takes a few seconds to appear as P/L.

Lost around 1500 £ in that hour tonight when no bets were registrated as match to Betangel so my bot keep laying them since he did not think he was at risk. Then 03:57 Betfair suspended markets for 30 seconds and directly after that my bets were showing and my total risk went from 0 to 1500 £.
Katla

the4droogs wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:26 am
All I have heard from betfair is that they are looking into it. No admission that there was a problem yet. But from speaking to other people who have their own bespoke software the listOrders endpoint was returning incorrect information. It's this method that returns which bets are matched/unmatched etc and I'm told that it was not returning information on bets that had already been place, even though the bet was accepted.

This makes sense in the context of my automation as it relies heavily on checking current matched and unmatched bets to stop further bets going into the market. But with this error it just kept firing bets into the market. Unfortunately most of those bets lost for me so I incurred some fairly significant losses too. The silver lining of the cloud is that it only seemed to affect a few races. For me it was the 13:37 at Morphettville and the 13:53 at Matamata (NZ). Were you affected by these races too or was it other ones?
Same for me. It kept firing. For me it is football markets. I actually found a couple of matches around 7-8 PM english time were alaso accuring when backchecking my logs. But they got "jumped" correct after 20 minutes of the game.

I had 250 bets firing on a single market between 3 and 4 AM English time. I consider myself lucky not to have lost more. Any news from Betfair?
paspuggie48

Extremely slow and sticky for me this afternoon
Euler

Major pressure point coming right up
Derek27

Taking the opportunity to test my soccer automation, without risk. :P
paspuggie48

Euler wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:29 pm
Major pressure point coming right up
Since the C-race that no one can pronounce, with its 32 runners, the exchange seems OK now.
the4droogs

Where there more issues during the day on Saturday UK time? I've woken up in Australia on Saturday morning and it looks like I have some strange results from my automation on UK racing. Though not as bad as on the Australian races on Saturday.

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”